Forums

Dev Blog: Slayer & Dungeons

Quick find code: 380-381-376-65896383

Nukesarefly

Nukesarefly

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could we get a slayer ring teleport to some of these new spots? I like the idea of an eternal slayer gem but as with the previous statement it may be nice if it had some use.
Is there any talk of adding any slayer monsters between 93 and 99 because high level slayer is quite stale and can become boring. It could allow for some new exicting item ideas to be added due to the high reqs.
[99 Slayer][cc Fate]

02-Apr-2017 09:44:38

Yeli
Jun Member 2014

Yeli

Posts: 1,368 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very nice, I like most of the potential updates. I know it doesn't make sense to get totem pieces anywhere other than the Catacombs, but I feel like incentive to do tasks down there is so much higher than going elsewhere, so having other ways to get totem pieces would be nice. I feel like adding them to the Slayer Tower monsters drop tables would bring a ton of people back there.

02-Apr-2017 13:53:54

FoggyDreamer
Dec Member 2013

FoggyDreamer

Posts: 333 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the idea of having the slayer monsters divied up and moved about so that ppl aren't just stuck in Nieve's cave. Personally, I don't go there because it's too big. I like the old fashioned spots.

I also miss the steel and iron dragons that are up in the r3 snow castle above GWD to the left of the Wilderness. Is there anyway we might get something like that in osrs? It was peaceful being out in the open, in the bright snow, fighting the iron and steel dragons at that snow castle. I know it was part of a quest, can't remember which one, but can't we just have the dragons and castle maybe even though we don't have the quest? I get tired of being stuck in caves with no sunlight.
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation - Plato

02-Apr-2017 14:50:16

FoggyDreamer
Dec Member 2013

FoggyDreamer

Posts: 333 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea, well I never go to the wilderness and this isn't going to tempt me at all. The people in the wilderness that kill ppl doing clues and who obviously have nothing on them are sick. I'll be voting no to all the wilderness stuff since I hate the mentality up there. You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation - Plato

02-Apr-2017 15:00:34

Ferocire

Ferocire

Posts: 10,978 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The magic dart buff is a nice idea, but considering mage's limited uses in PvM-it won't really change anything. D scim,bludgeon, blowpipe, c bow, etc will still all be so much better for general pvm and slayer.

So, how about making it a built in spell for the upgraded version? This would allow it to be a cheap alternative to trident at barrows giving it some additional use.

The wilderness master is a nice idea as well, but I don't see it as being that popular.
OSRS Mage Tank.

Believe magic to only be for support? Think again. It's just as valid of a Pking style as melee and range is.

02-Apr-2017 16:31:05 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2017 16:32:03 by Ferocire

Quick find code: 380-381-376-65896383 Back to Top