Forums

Dev Blog: Slayer & Dungeons

Quick find code: 380-381-376-65896383

WayTooPosted

WayTooPosted

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Killadelphia said :
Another typo.. Come on guys do you even re-read it before you post submit? "The task milestone for 50x Slayer *Points* has been increased to 1000." Should be tasks, but ehatever..Ok lets just blame Ronan. Also, I'm glad im 99 slayer but this update inconveniences sub 99 players by moving the bosses all around just to make use of Zeah. Pretty cancer imo.

LOL you read the post enough to comment on it and misread it completely.

They gave the correct information. The TASK MILESTONE that rewards you with 50x slayer points (i.e. 500 tasks = 750 points) has been increased to 1000. This statement has no typo so I don't know why your panties are in a bunch...

Maybe you need to take a comprehensive reading class before trolling Ronan...

03-Apr-2017 18:47:17

OSRS Hell
Mar Member 2024

OSRS Hell

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please leve nieves cave as is and offer the expanded dungeons as a compliment and expansion to it. Nieve spent her life buildin that cave and she didntdie formthis.

This compromise would work besst to make everyone happy except for those who irrationally dislike nieves cave

#nievedidntdieforthis #longlivethenieve

03-Apr-2017 19:01:00

Tupac Shakr

Tupac Shakr

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a terrible idea. Why move monsters out of Nieves cave? What purpose does that do other than piss people off. Nieves cave was such a good update as it allowed people to get their tasks with the ease of having the monsters right next to the master and having a bank close by for when you need to restock on food or anything else you need. We all loved Nieves cave when it came into the game, so why take it away now? Why remove the monsters in it? Leave Nieves cave as it is, if you want to add the new dungeons, thats fine. Or even add to Nieves cave, make it bigger, add more monsters in the cave, add more spawns, but DO NOT remove them.

03-Apr-2017 19:18:51

M Lucas
Jan Member 2023

M Lucas

Posts: 4,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Diverse Dungeons

There's no need to do this. I feel like it negates the purpose of Nieve's dungeon. Also, the idea of making it easier to get to metal dragons in Brimhaven is really silly. You might as well just remove the entire dungeon since everyone there traverses the dungeon to get to the dragons.

Wilderness Slayer Master

Since players can already opt to kill monsters in the Wilderness (provided they spawn there) I think this is an unneeded update. Maybe if the idea of getting "substantially more slayer points" would be elaborated, I see this as an easy way for low levels to get fast slayer points.

Client of Kourend

Zeah already provides much content for both low and high level players. Although I feel there's more need for a quest that is a little harder than novice, I support adding a quest. I don't agree on the reward of instantly getting 20% favour in any house though.

Other Questions

Because this holds diverse questions I would only like to reply to one:

Original message details are unavailable.
Should mummies within Pyramid Plunder only be aggressive to the player which caused them to appear?

PLEASE YES. When doing Pyramid Plunder this is even worse than doors changing and when you ask them if they could not open the sarcaphogus they just won't respond or tell to hop.

03-Apr-2017 20:29:17

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,772 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"We'd like to offer a novice level quest based on the lore surrounding Zeah and Great Kourend: Client of Kourend.

Your reward for completing Client of Kourend will be two experience lamps which provide 500 XP each. These lamps can be used on any skill.

However, we would also like to offer two additional rewards:

•Instant 20% favour increase in any house within Great Kourend.

•Permanently doubled rate of gaining favour in all houses within Great Kourend."

--

What the hell is wrong with y'all.. why would a NOVICE quest offer a reward of perma doubling favour gaining?

I see time after time where you have a chance to expand on this old game.. to improve the game itself.. to give players more to do.. or more reason to do it.. and time and again you squander the opportunity you have.

Still waiting for this stupid poll to launch (and still planning to vote NO to every single question you're putting out there).
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

03-Apr-2017 21:13:23

EllingerMain

EllingerMain

Posts: 824 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Suffer said :
I like the premise of trying to lessen the load of people using Neives by moving some monsters out, however, I don't care for going across RS to do half the tasks, just because you make the dungeons somewhere else doesn't make it any different except being an inconvenience in time taken to get to there like half the proposals, it's slayer, it's get x task kill x monsters, which is a grind no matter how you look at it.

The only reason I do metals right now is because it takes 20 seconds to get there and I can bank bones w/ ease. Moving them to Brimhaven and making a 2 minute run to them doesn't sound cool, YES I understand they will have a hole somewhere for instant access, but still that will make the task 100% skip task as the drops are complete utter trash other than d-bones and if you're lucky enough to get dragon legs/skirt or a visage.

The only reason I do kalphite right now is because they're a 2 second walk from neive/steves I used to cancel them a hell of alot more when they were a run to get to the 85s needing a rope to get to them.

This "convenience" mentality is exactly why this update needs to happen for the health of Slayer. Slayer was always about travelling all over Gielinor slaying various beasts, not trapped in one little cave. Travelling a small distance to a slayer task is the small price to pay in making the game world actually feel like a game world again and have meaning.

So far I feel this is the best acknowledgement and correction of Jagex's part that they could do to fix content they added to this game they later felt might not have been a good idea. They took an idea and wanted to try and recreate a Kuradal's Dungeon that was on RS3. This just got carried away with adding more and more monsters and extending Nieve's Cave to the point of being ridiculously convenient.

I was planning on coming back anyway, this is definite icing on the cake for me if it passes and goes through.

04-Apr-2017 00:33:21

Xdoras 78

Xdoras 78

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Overall really like changes to Nieve's cave. Keep up the good work Jagex. Only things I'd do different are: Move Waterfiends to Kraken Cove (Seeing a couple other "water" themed monsters added in would be cool too). Not too sure about Thermo and Smoke Devils being under Gu'Tanoth either? Seems a little random to me. I think they'd be better off as an extension of the smoke dungeon. /u/gentletractor had some really good ideas regarding this sort of rework.

Would some changes to the Kourend catacombs be possible as well to try keep the monsters inside a bit more thematic? Removing the Cyclopes/Hill Giants/Dagannoth and moving the Brutal Dragons? (Maybe they would be a good fit for under Gu'Tanoth? since there is already blue dragons there.) Would keep the Catacombs more demonic themed.

Thoughts? :)

04-Apr-2017 02:17:30 - Last edited on 04-Apr-2017 03:33:52 by Xdoras 78

Quick find code: 380-381-376-65896383 Back to Top