Forums

Dev Blog: Slayer & Dungeons

Quick find code: 380-381-376-65896383

Shadow Hound

Shadow Hound

Posts: 88 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didn't they post on Reddit saying they were interested in a new slayer creature? that was the best part of the Reddit thread and now they don't even mention anything about it in this dev blog???? the blog is cool and all but its not new content, its just re-positioning existing content. The wildy slayer master seems stupid in my opinion and will only be worth doing if this slayer staff enchantment is worth something. Trident will still be better dps because its faster.

31-Mar-2017 23:45:53

Hard Sky

Hard Sky

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hard Sky said :
wilderness slayer is ridiculous a lot of players will never do it because they hate pking.
And pvp players don't do pve .

Not to mention this basicly fist hardcore ironman players. As we can never go into the wilderness at all. So we never can obtain a enchanted slayer staff like we can never have a rune pouch.

Pve players do not want to deal with a bunch of harassment from pkers while doing task.
Why do you always make gated content that is off limits.
If you want a wilderness dungeon fine but making items only obtainable that way is horrible for the playerbase.

31-Mar-2017 23:46:53

freaku
Apr Member 2022

freaku

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like the idea of a wilderness slayer master but I feel I needs drop tables for certain wildly monsters buffed in order to give incentive. For example why would somebody want to do a Wiley task on something like hell hounds or ice Giants in 40-50 plus wild for clue scrolls and a chance at an emblem when they could regularly slay and get 500k plus on a dust devils task or 900k on gargoyles ecetera. I like the idea but at the same time think it may need some balancing to make it worth the risk on something's.

31-Mar-2017 23:50:41

freaku
Apr Member 2022

freaku

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
freaku said :
I really like the idea of a wilderness slayer master but I feel It needs drop tables for certain wildly monsters buffed in order to give incentive. For example why would somebody want to do a Wiley task on something like hell hounds or ice Giants in 40-50 plus wild for clue scrolls and a chance at an emblem when they could regularly slay and get 500k plus on a dust devils task or 900k on gargoyles ecetera. I like the idea but at the same time think it may need some balancing to make it worth the risk on something's.

31-Mar-2017 23:51:33

Lmao Lal

Lmao Lal

Posts: 802 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Logged on to confirm the following idea someone proposed on twitter:

"There should be
additional rewards only buyable after task streaks too."

This would effectively increase this wilderness push by another 10% because of the rarity of such items

01-Apr-2017 00:14:14

Suffer

Suffer

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the premise of trying to lessen the load of people using Neives by moving some monsters out, however, I don't care for going across RS to do half the tasks, just because you make the dungeons somewhere else doesn't make it any different except being an inconvenience in time taken to get to there like half the proposals, it's slayer, it's get x task kill x monsters, which is a grind no matter how you look at it.

The only reason I do metals right now is because it takes 20 seconds to get there and I can bank bones w/ ease. Moving them to Brimhaven and making a 2 minute run to them doesn't sound cool, YES I understand they will have a hole somewhere for instant access, but still that will make the task 100% skip task as the drops are complete utter trash other than d-bones and if you're lucky enough to get dragon legs/skirt or a visage.

The only reason I do kalphite right now is because they're a 2 second walk from neive/steves I used to cancel them a hell of alot more when they were a run to get to the 85s needing a rope to get to them.

Honestly should remove waterfiends 100% from neives and put something in their place as they are never killed, not once do I ever see a player killing them pre-buff droptable, or even post buff droptable. Just remove them if someone wants to do them they're a 20 second run from games teleport at Barb assault.

As for the wilderness slayer master, that's cool but I won't ever do that master unless it gives stuff worth while, wilderness is way to active to be griefed when doing a task specially if the rewards are minimal this will just be devtime wasted for more dead content in the game.

I honestly like the premise because it's cancer having to hop 15 worlds to find an open spot in neives, but I don't like everything getting relocated instead of just creating a new layer. I also don't like that you keep dead content waterfiends in neives which could be freed-up to save another monster you want to remove from the dungeon.

01-Apr-2017 00:50:21 - Last edited on 01-Apr-2017 00:53:03 by Suffer

Quick find code: 380-381-376-65896383 Back to Top