Forums

Dev Blog: Top 10 General QoL

Quick find code: 380-381-268-65750841

The Odd Pure
Mar Member 2024

The Odd Pure

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
uhya said :
Any news on the spear bug? The longest running abuse in the game. So much for Quality of Life so many players quit, don't PK or PVP anymore because of the abused special attack that renders the player inability to defend him/herself at all which is pathetic and never was in the game before OSRS i and over 1000+ others can confirm this.

Don't start with the "it was always like this bs" we have years of videos, guides, pictures and knowledge to disprove that.

This is also another good one to take a look at. I Agree.

18-Feb-2016 07:09:44

Demin Chyld

Demin Chyld

Posts: 41 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with several of them, but not the prayer books one, or the dagganoth gate one. I think the nightmare zone would hurt plenty of accounts, but most of those i found to be bots or scammers (or both). As for the quest point requirement, an added bonus to those of us who put in that extra time and effort.
I personally will be incredibly happy with the buy pass option, however maybe add an option to pay from your bank, for us incredibly lazy people?? Cheers jagex team, keep up the qol!

18-Feb-2016 07:26:52

Avid Sparx

Avid Sparx

Posts: 28,124 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Odd Pure said :
uhya said :
Any news on the spear bug? The longest running abuse in the game. So much for Quality of Life so many players quit, don't PK or PVP anymore because of the abused special attack that renders the player inability to defend him/herself at all which is pathetic and never was in the game before OSRS i and over 1000+ others can confirm this.

Don't start with the "it was always like this bs" we have years of videos, guides, pictures and knowledge to disprove that.

This is also another good one to take a look at. I Agree.

+1 That '0 hp, still alive' bug needs fixing already.
'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed

18-Feb-2016 07:50:35

Disziple

Disziple

Posts: 196 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the Stronghold of Security one.

The rest are just lowering the standard of the game. You would need to disable NMZ hosting by other means, maybe remake the whole boss system.

You can't fix the problems by lowering the standard of gameplay. You could also let players play all minigames alone and let them get PvP rewards without actually PKing. Doing what players want is mostly bad game design. If the game had been designed from the ground up to be what players wanted it would never have succeeded.

18-Feb-2016 07:53:49

Disziple

Disziple

Posts: 196 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There needs to be more limitations and punishments and less rewards. RS3 failed mostly (not because of EoC but because players were given TOO MUCH GOOD STUFF. That's not how to make interesting game.

The experience rates amd everything had meaning when they were lower. Why should I care about suits that give 15% or 15000% XP boost? There's no more reason to play once it has all been devalued.

Here you are removing the few choices we have left to customize the characters, such as removing the god books restrictions. If I remember correctly it used to be possible to just get 1 book. So the original hardcore idea has already been devalued. Just nerf the **** out of it further?

And letting solo players in Dagannoth dungeon is just lowering the standard. Don't do what players want. Do what they don't want. Add more traps to make it harder get into Dagannoth dungeon!

18-Feb-2016 07:58:41

lko

lko

Posts: 57 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you really want to add quality of life I believe it would be fair to consider just in osrs2007, 7 more inventory slots making it 35, instead of the cool old fashioned columns to the left and right of the inventory you could have a vertical row of 7 extra slots.. equal input and output but would overall for everyone be time saving.

18-Feb-2016 08:04:34

Vinyl DjPon3

Vinyl DjPon3

Posts: 5,856 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avid Sparx said :

Because it'll drop the value of pages.

I can't think of any reason why the pages would drop in value. So if you can explain it to me I'd be very interested.

I would imagine the pages would increase more (for Armadyl, Zamorak, and Zaros in particular) because people have access to all the books right away, so they're more likely to buy more of the pages.
Or the prices wouldn't change at all...because realistically...all you have to do is pick the book you want, then buy the pages for just that book. Or if it's to be a collector, you'd buy all the pages anyways, and just pick up the books in one trip when you fill them....Which they'd do with the update anyways.
Everything's an integrity issue if you troll enough.

18-Feb-2016 08:40:13

Avid Sparx

Avid Sparx

Posts: 28,124 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vinyl DjPon3 said :
So if you can explain it to me I'd be very interested.

I don't know if you have ever noticed, but often players come to the forum asking for this service, because they chose the zammy book in haste, and found out how expensive those pages are...and don't want to finish the book.

It happens at least once a week...and knowing the representation the forum has vis-a-vis total playerbase (as in, for every forum poster, 100 do not post) this means some of the demand for those pages is driven by this occurrence. Most is due to the book having no defensive requirement, making it great for pures/hybrids, but not all...

...hope that explains my rationale sufficiently?
'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed

18-Feb-2016 09:01:27

qazwiz

qazwiz

Posts: 250 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LEFT CLICK should always be non destructive (unless there is an option to change it) ... as in I always turn off left click attack

thus PLEASE.... EVERYONE...... I BEG YOU......... vote no on left click use unless an option to toggle is offered

18-Feb-2016 09:44:58

Quick find code: 380-381-268-65750841 Back to Top