Forums

Dev Blog: Deadman Mode

Quick find code: 380-381-187-65635935

Tyley

Tyley

Posts: 98 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really think the long-term consequences will be bad.

People talking about how it will kill 'already dying' PvP worlds don't understand. If the amount of people constantly hopping worlds to kill innocent skillers decided to actually kill other willing players, PvP would be instantly revived, but they don't. People only like to pk others that don't want to fight them. That's a problem with player motives, not with the amount of players.

I think the short-term effects of splitting the community mean nothing. Sure people are going to play it to try it out but I don't think a huge amount will stay. And if they do, they probably weren't playing normal 07 that much to begin with. It's going to appeal to people that like private servers and games like DayZ, which isn't a bad thing, because these people probably weren't going to dedicate all the time into getting "real" 99s in the first place. I think they've found a good balance.

01-Sep-2015 21:27:48

Smallranqe

Smallranqe

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think this is excellent idea.
All my friends played runescape back in the days when slayer was released, and every1 pked. When i told about new deadman mode, every1 was interested in it. They all loved the idea, even though they havent played rs for years. Every1 said that it doesnt matter what game it is, but the whole deadman mode sounds awsome. They would play it even they didnt mind runescape so much.

SO.

I see a lot comments about dieing community, but pretty few dont get the idea that this actually could bring a lot people back. I (only my opinion, but cant be only one) myself enjoy pk, and i would love to play this mode. I would also love to play ironman mode, but the game is too slow as ironman, wasting +1000hours to get somewhere is too much, and pking pretty much never going to happen as ironman.

Now, u actually get somekind of ironman mode with 5x xp rate with all the pking. So far every1 have loved the idea how it sounds.
People should open their mind and see what are the chances of getting new people to game, not just the chances of losing people. Actually, osrs, and every other game in the world, slowly dies if there is no new content.

There is a lot players, like me and my friends, who played RS years ago for long time, would love to come back, but the XP rate is too grindy when they just want to pk. They got no time and interest to do all the grinding the achieve the part of the game they enjoy.

Also, about splitting commonity. How the hell people could play before GE and with max 10k ppl online? There is now a lot more ppl online than before, and i dont see that there will be more than 5k ppl playing deadman mode after a month, that is off from osrs. Pretty much anything over 5k would be new players, not active osrs players.
So is this around 5k osrs players killing the whole osrs? I dont think so. I think there is too meny ppl crying stuff that ISNT GOING TO AFFECT OSRS.

03-Sep-2015 11:58:46

Smallranqe

Smallranqe

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tyley said :

I think the short-term effects of splitting the community mean nothing. Sure people are going to play it to try it out but I don't think a huge amount will stay. And if they do, they probably weren't playing normal 07 that much to begin with.

THIS.

03-Sep-2015 12:01:02

tusken

tusken

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All I have to say about splitting up your ''small community'' is friends and I have been playing runescape off and on for 10 plus years, back in the runescape classic days. I hate to say I havnt played the last year or so, but I was stoked when I heard about deadman mode, me and 5 of my friends will be staying up all night for release. We are old time players who adding to the runescape community. I think your numbers will be fine. If anything I think you guys should add more than 3 worlds. good luck to all.

29-Oct-2015 04:02:39

Quick find code: 380-381-187-65635935 Back to Top