Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

TheMoon Bear

TheMoon Bear

Posts: 100 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Diggydug1 said :
TheMoon Bear said :
Most of the people in this forum seem to be high on something... Quit saying reasons why OldSchool was brought to us when we all know half of what all of you are saying is complete bull.

The one and only reason we got OSRS is because they wanted to change the combat. And that's it.

Are you unaware of the big project relevant to 2006 that existed? Regardless, the reason you stated is not why OSRS exists.

So in other words you're telling me if EOC never came Jagex would still have made OSRS? Hmm. Somehow I don't see that being very likely.

10-Jan-2015 04:52:10

X Plode

X Plode

Posts: 575 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rochillin said :
Big N.O. for the Grand Exchange. No to the Defenders. Yes to bank slots. Yes to the RFD gloves. Possible yes to the appearance of logs. And again, NO to the Grand Exchange. This is 07!! Not RS3! Lets keep it that way. Trading Post is already a terrible idea, since we have Zybez anyways, Grand Exchange isn't any better especially since, and I quote "if the Grand Exchange is introduced there will be absolutely no price limit." So hey, lets just put in whatever price we want for stuff that is meant to be a lower price. But of course all the little kids who ride the RuneScape fanboy train is going to say yes to everything without thinking about the long run. Thanks for ruining 07 and making another RS3 children.

The GE was in RS in 2007...

10-Jan-2015 04:53:30

Agillest

Agillest

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Clinicwater said :
Stop living in the past people, 2007 is long gone and this scape needs big updates to stay alive, trading is awful at the moment and i would be happy to see a G.e added into the game, it brings us lootshare and coinshare wich prevents scamming, and people won't be getting scammed while they are trading with others.

As for the trading post, I do not like it at all and the months they spent on it was a waste. Should have polled it ages ago.

trading is not awful... if you honestly cant find an item you need and are too lazy to get it yourself, i.e. and iron bar, then whats the point of even playing? There is no accomplishment in buying everything you need of an ultimate store. We might as well just make every general store in Runescape sell every single item. And scamming... even with the GE there are ways to scam, example dragon full helm and warrior ring, where the price was manipulated where it devaluated quickly, yet the ge price was still way above, so uninformed players would buy a d full helm for, say 30m, when in reality its price had dropped to 5m. The GE still had the item at 30m so they had no idea of knowing. Please realize that taking the easy road does not always lead to the best results, short or long term...

10-Jan-2015 04:54:45

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is practically the sole reason Jagex considered the idea. They claimed for years to have zero backups of RuneScape.

Suddenly they have one from 2007 ready to go? A perfect snapshot? Convenient, and they handled that and immediately brought up OSRS. It was well played and blatantly intentional.

10-Jan-2015 04:59:28

TheMoon Bear

TheMoon Bear

Posts: 100 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Diggydug1 said :
It is practically the sole reason Jagex considered the idea. They claimed for years to have zero backups of RuneScape.

Suddenly they have one from 2007 ready to go? A perfect snapshot? Convenient, and they handled that and immediately brought up OSRS. It was well played and blatantly intentional.

I'm loving your conspiracy theory. But no mate I'm done with this argument. You just can't beat stupid now-a-days.

10-Jan-2015 05:05:13

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's irrelevant to the thread anyway, explain the pros of the GE or refute some cons.

EDIT: Well at least that's the hot topic and what everyone discusses here anyway.

10-Jan-2015 05:06:37 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 05:07:01 by Diggydug1

Agillest

Agillest

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hio54 said :
TokHaar said :
Hio54 said :
My only worry about it is that it leaves the door wide open to price manipulation. What's stopping the RS3 accounts with countless Billions of GP transferring their gold so they can manipulate prices?

GE limits. I mean, if you have enough money, you can effectively control supply of items whether the GE is in the game or not.

Also, if your only argument against the GE or your MAIN argument against it is player interaction, then. Yeah.

Sure, but requiring multiple accounts to buy out items makes things trickier, more time-consuming, and more expensive.

Player interaction isn't why I want the GE at all. I want the GE because it's convenient, it more accurately represents true supply and demand, it allows me to waste less time buying and selling so I can spend more time playing, and opens up the possi[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Instead of wasting time buying and selling supplies you need, maybe "waste time" getting the items? like getting herbs? you think people just make herbs appear out of nnowhere? no, they either go and kill monsters, they farm, or they do quests to make them more obtainable. That makes getting the items and therefore using them have more meaning and purpose. The people getting ahead are the ones going and fighting the new snake boss for the items and selling them, not the ones waiting around the trading post for someone to post the item up. Where is the fun in just buying everything? Not having such easy solutions makes the games more fun and, believe it or not, makes the game last longer as people play it for longer periods of time. And the people who have no patience to get it themselves, life doesnt work like that, and coming to a game and ruining it for others just makes YOU a ******! :D

10-Jan-2015 05:20:29

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top