Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

K Boy 63

K Boy 63

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

10-Jan-2015 05:26:32

StaticFnatic
Nov Member 2021

StaticFnatic

Posts: 223 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Altfinaud said :
yes to g.e most of the poeple saying no are 2014 account hahahaha

Are you absolutely new to the internet and/or just outright dumb? My membership says 2014 and I have a 10 year cape on this account lmfao. Not everyone can keep a recurring subscription or even keep their accounts from that long ago bruv.

Check yourself before you shrek yourself m8.

10-Jan-2015 05:27:59

Agillest

Agillest

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shadoww1538 said :
Why do so many people love wasting time?!

Opposing GE is counter-productive as well as counter-intuitive...

"Too easy" = "Too much time saved" ?

It's a game!! Logical thinking people want to get onto the fun part of the game, not waste 90% of their available playtime through the tedious search of obscure items.

Where is the "fun part" in not earning stuff. Oh cool, you try and flip some items, log off, log back in the next day, and repeat. After a month, you have yourself a big cash pile. Then you buy all the items required to quickly get yourself to 99. Now you have 99s and you buy max gear items, you go fight bosses, but since you already have a lot of money theres not much point in killing the bosses as their drops are not necessary to change your bank value. What happens when you achieve the money you need without putting much work? you lose interest in the game, most people at this point either rwt sell their items and quit, or turn to staking and flower games. Example: the famous youtuber A Friend now mainly puts out videos to inform and reach interest in audience. He's even stated that he wont do something in the game if its not worth a video. Only reason he keeps playing runescape is to make money off it, not to have tons of fun. If a normal player isnt making money off it in the real world and already has everything in the game, its not a fun game anymore as theres nothing to do, thats why a lot of max players dont get on unless theres new content, like a new max boss.

10-Jan-2015 05:29:16

uncle turd

uncle turd

Posts: 67 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Grand Exchange would be a terrible idea. You can just buy 1-99 skills from it, making it easier for any farming websites to get accounts and coins faster to players. They would be able to transfer items and such by buying a certain item that nobody has any use for, or just get the coins faster to sell.
Grand Exchange, the pre-curser for **c

Addition: If they're going to add a Grand Exchange, why not just make the skill rates x10,000 - there will be no sense of achievement unless you're an ironman which lots of people can't do since they don't want to make a new account when you've already worked on your main account for so long

10-Jan-2015 05:54:08 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 05:57:46 by uncle turd

StaticFnatic
Nov Member 2021

StaticFnatic

Posts: 223 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
crybaby 4eve said :
Scotty Z said :
crybaby 4eve said :
xTURTLEx said :
All we need is 25% guys, let's vote no.

actually, you need 26%..

and g.e is going to pass easily

so know your place for those fg** that are voting no for g.e

You seem to be in need of being kicked down a notch. Know your place NMZ prod, my total and knowledge in both rs3 and osrs far surpass yours.

lmfao nmz prod l0l. i stopped training at nmz a year ago l0l its all about clanning now bruh.

once again, know your place fg*

You're still a NMZ prod all the same with an absolute garbage account lmfao. Do yourself a favor and clam it before you get ahead of yourself buddy. This is coming from a long standing vet, which I can clearly tell you're not. ^_^ You can't sit there and be proud of being able to get already stupidly easy stats to 99.

I'll tell you the same thing I mentioned to someone else a few minutes ago. Check yourself before you shrek yourself m8.

10-Jan-2015 05:55:04

WhiteRaBlade

WhiteRaBlade

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YES TO GE!!! I pray the community sees sense since the trading post is an absolute pain to get the items you need**** makes it so much easier to buy everything you need at once without having to hop around here there and everywhere. You'd be a fool if you voted no to GE, it makes life as a scaper so much easier TRUST ME.

10-Jan-2015 05:55:30

WhiteRaBlade

WhiteRaBlade

I genuinely don't think people actually want to sit around in a bank counting on people to turn up and being let down endless times when they decide they've sold their items. It makes the game a lot easier for people to understand as well as speeding up the process of getting the stats you desire, saying you want to sit there longer waiting to get your items makes no sense to me IMO.

YES TO GE!

10-Jan-2015 06:02:06

WhiteRaBlade

WhiteRaBlade

The only people against GE on this thread are merchants who stand around a bank 10 hours a day making petty gold. It's ridiculous, maybe some people like it but I genuinely don't see the excitement, I'd much rather do something that's active like pking or boss killing. So what if you can't merch as well as you could**** makes getting everything you need much simpler, I absolutely love the idea and I hope everybody else does too.

YES TO GE! :)

10-Jan-2015 06:08:36

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top