Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

EvilMuffin14

EvilMuffin14

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MOD ASH please read me.

Well, to start I find that the majority of questions are great; for example "Trouble Brewing". That definitely will allow people to play that minigame. And it's not like the 75% of players will play it, it's something for the minority that enjoy just spending time on runescape.

But, you know what I am about to say. NO to GE. But I have a list of suggestions that could help while updating TP or GE(if it pass).

- In TP you could make it that you could dump your items there, and if you are offline more than 10min for example(this allows world hoping). The offer will be taken down automatically; this allows to trade between worlds.
- In case of GE same sugestion, dont allow offline trading.
- The price manipulation comes exactly from "merc* prices" that are suggested; so why dont you just leave that alone and dont sugest anything. Let the players look offers and buy wich they find better for them, thats the succes of zy marketplace.
- If GE pass dont make it a place north of varrock, while I support the idea of adding it in falador or camelot; its better just to change TP's into mini GE's so that people stay scatered around RS and not in just one place.

Thanks for reading MOD ASH.

Say NO to GE=NO merc* clans
Say NO to GE=NO price manipulation
Say NO to GE=NO angry players quiting
Say No to GE=NO EasyScape Old School
:)

10-Jan-2015 00:59:57 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 01:05:54 by EvilMuffin14

InGodITrust
Jun Member 2022

InGodITrust

Posts: 45 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EvilMuffin14 said :
MOD ASH please read me.

Well, to start I find that the majority of questions are great; for example "Trouble Brewing". That definitely will allow people to play that minigame. And it's not like the 75% of players will play it, it's something for the minority that enjoy just spending time on runescape.

But, you know what I am about to say. NO to GE. But I have a list of suggestions that could help while updating TP or GE(if it pass).

- In TP you could make it that you could dump your items there, and if you are offline more than 10min for example(this allows world hoping). The offer will be taken down automatically; this allows to trade between worlds.
- The price manipulation comes exactly from "merc* prices" that are suggested; so why dont you just leave that alone and dont sugest anything. Let the players look offers and buy wich they find better for them, thats the succes of zy marketplace.
- If GE pass dont make it a place north of varrock, while I support the idea of adding it in falador or camelot; its better just to change TP's into mini GE's so that people stay scatered around RS and not in just one place.

The GE completely ruins the concept of free trade. The trading post is really ideal***** makes reintroduces "buyable" skills. ex. cooking, fletching****..etc..this ruins the integrity of the game and all of the hard work that the "original" osrs players put in.

10-Jan-2015 01:03:59

FaTalyWound

FaTalyWound

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swurds123 said :
Spel Casta said :
Original message details are unavailable.

I think as most that if the GE is introduced most trading will be done through the interface, but this isn't automatically a bad thing, and the option to trade in other ways such as using a third party site is still viable.

No, alternative trading will not be viable. Most, if not all, of the resources and items listed for sale will be done so on the G.E., manipulated by it and stuck there until it's bought. Other forms of trading will be far reduced.

I'll say it for the first, and last, time. If you want the G.E. so bad and for the game to be made easier, go play Runescape 3. It has Legacy mode now, and everything you want.

Quit ruining oldscape for the rest of us.

I agree 100%

If the GE is such a horrible evil thing and the "elite old school veterans" are the majority then you have absolutely nothing to worry about :) If the poll for GE passes there are so many of you "true" old school players that the other trading options are bound to be viable, hardly no one will even use the GE if there are so many of you. And if it fails then you "true" OSR players can continue to use a third party website and get that wonderful player interaction you all are all about. Man don't I love me some player interaction through a different website. The unavoidable truth is that the trading system is beyond broken which is apparent by the creation, existence, and popularity of third party sites used to buy and sell. Face it if you have to leave the game and go onto a different site to buy or sell an item for the game something is wrong.

And lastly if you truly thing legacy mode is the saving grace of RS3 you should not even be posting to an OSR discussion. I have been around for an embarrassingly long time and its time content is being shoved off for nostalgic reasons alone. Whats your most nostalgic moment to date the scamming? The grind on **bez?

10-Jan-2015 01:06:03

Tito Jenkins

Tito Jenkins

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
InGodITrust said :
EvilMuffin14 said :
MOD ASH please read me.

The GE completely ruins the concept of free trade. The trading post is really ideal***** makes reintroduces "buyable" skills. ex. cooking, fletching****..etc..this ruins the integrity of the game and all of the hard work that the "original" osrs players put in.

Reintroduces buyable skills??
So i couldn't go to W1 now and sit there and buy raw fish or logs?
Moron
What you are saying is you oppose trade of any kind.

10-Jan-2015 01:06:43

The contents of this message have been hidden

10-Jan-2015 01:07:08

EvilMuffin14

EvilMuffin14

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm totally against GE and find the questions about TP really usefull. But I'm note here to just rant about this "sayin no ge, bla bla bla... angry face... bla bla... no trade bla bla bla... another angry face..."; I'm trying to give possible solutions. Giving sugestions. Not just rants.

10-Jan-2015 01:10:18

Tito Jenkins

Tito Jenkins

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EvilMuffin14 said :
I'm totally against GE and find the questions about TP really usefull. But I'm note here to just rant about this "sayin no ge, bla bla bla... angry face... bla bla... no trade bla bla bla... another angry face..."; I'm trying to give possible solutions. Giving sugestions. Not just rants.

But all that seems to happen is:
We want to be able to trade through the post
Ok
GE, you can trade through it?
Not that S*** we don't want that it F***s the game up
Repeat

10-Jan-2015 01:13:00

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top