Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

EllingerMain

EllingerMain

Posts: 824 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are people still really going on about this being "Oldschool" Runescape? Where have you been the past two years? Since day 1 this project and game has been an entirely community-driven process.

We will continue to have newschool content being added along with Player-Designed Content. A good example of this is the vast new continent coming that's community-driven by the "newschool" players.

To be blunt, the nostalgians are the minority in this community and will continue to be left behind. Stop the rants and adapt or move onto an oldschool private server.

P.S. - Most everyone that's on OSRS is here to help rebuild the game they loved before Jagex ruined it with EoC.

12-Jan-2015 12:59:45

St8hunter
Aug Member 2022

St8hunter

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It has such a negative influence on the game just because some people are too lazy. The only reasons I have heard are to make game easier.... I don't mind updates but something like this shouldn't be implemented at all

12-Jan-2015 14:00:29

Matt Slater

Matt Slater

Posts: 4,738 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Absolutely NOT to Grand Exchange.

NO.

You want to promote a game where it is easy to merch and manipulate/monopolize prices on a much easier and "grand" scale?

Because that is how you promote a game where it is easy to merch and manipulate/monopolize prices on a much easier and "grand" scale.

Sorry, but history repeats itself. There is no releasing the Grand Exchange and not having it manipulated. As it stands now prices are attempted at being manipulated, but are having a tough time due to everything being mostly player based.. I'f you change that now, and replace with G.E, kiss it all goodbye.

And then comes merching clans..

It's not a good idea, and some things aren't meant for this game.

EDIT: Also, for those of you trying to quote the "player-driven community" nonsense..
Yes, it is a player driven community, but some things should not even be presented as an idea, as it has had negative repercussions in the past.
It's like me suggesting the idea of bringing back Runespan because it was easy to get my Runecrafting up easier.

Bottom line, Old School is not new school for a reason.. HERE, we actually earn what we have, whether its through grind or wasted time.
S**t is not easy for a reason.
Keep 07, 07.

As for Dragon Defender, I'm game for that.. YES.
Just don't reuse the old dragon defender graphics, s**t looks lame. Just make it the same as the other defenders, simple and clean except.. Oh, I don't know, red??? Basically, keep it simple. Dragon items that go to far out on their designs always look ugly.

12-Jan-2015 14:16:51 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2015 14:23:10 by Matt Slater

RetroSuave
Aug Member 2022

RetroSuave

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not this again.. -__-

Wasn't the entire point of having old school for it to be, well, old school? this is like Runescape groundhog. Not that anyone particularly cares, but I'm not sure i'll be renewing my subscription after the polls if GE goes through. It takes too much away from the game and makes all items accessible and too easy to get.

Disappointed, again.

12-Jan-2015 14:44:37

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top