Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Explore24 7
Nov Member 2021

Explore24 7

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, I don't think the Grand Exchange should be brought to Old School. I liked the Grand Exchange, it was quick and easy way to get items and fulfill trades. However I like what we have with the trading post, I think the you should aim to expand this instead. The trading post is great because you can actually see the offers people have posted, I like that aspect of it. You can see what the lowest price is that people are selling items for, you can see that they are online, with items in stock and you can buy them; simple.

Ideas for expansion of the trading post:

Cross world/Map trades.
I do think there should be the option to trade without having to meet the other player. This in some instances would be great, say you put an item up for sale and no one buys it. You get fed up of waiting and travel all the way to Yaks. We've all been in the situation when you only just arrive somewhere and you get a pm asking if you're still selling said item. In a situation like that, it would be great to be able to nip into the bank, open up the trading post and collect your money/items. Also if this is the case, players with private chat turned to 'friends' or 'off', could have their names highlighted a different colour. Therefor upon seeing the offer you know that person is only trading through the Cross World/Map trading.

Average Price.
I believe an average price chart would be a great addition to the trading post. This is another part of grand exchange people like, and I totally agree it comes in very useful.

Price checker.
This goes along with the previous suggestion of the average price, and the price checker suggestion you have put into the Dev Blog.

These additions have previously been mentioned, by other players and yourselves working at Jagex. However a lot of people seem to be voting yes before the poll has even started! I just feel that a lot of OS players came here for the nostalgia, and slowly, with ideas like the Grand Exchange... We're losing that.

12-Jan-2015 14:45:36

The contents of this message have been hidden

12-Jan-2015 14:49:03

cVesper

cVesper

Posts: 813 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Grand Exchange does not belong in Old School! Neither does the dragon defender. It is leaning this game towards RS3 one small step at a time with both of these updates. All it does is make the game EASIER for everyone. Why not just toss in bonfires/spins/effegies/chaotics as well?! STUPID. Think about these repercussions before you just vote for a faster trade screen to sell off your bank junk.

As for questions regarding the trading post, I would love to see the ability to trade through the post with others in a bank! Great idea :) Also I know a lot of people that have been upset about people being offline while searching to buy items on the Post. The hide all but Private On offers is a great easy fix! Good idea OS team :P

Should we add a basement to the Warriors' guild containing a bigger cyclops that has a chance of dropping dragon defenders? To access the basement you would need to show Kamfreena a rune defender to get a key. You would still need to pay the same token fee as you pay to access the cyclops on the top floor.
HELL NO

Other questions
Should we increase the number of available bank slots for both free-to-play and members by 200?
YES PLEASE!!

Should we remove the 'Harpoon' option on the fishing spots found in Piscatoris?
no? whats wrong with fishing shark there?

Should we make messages from players that you add to your ignore list disappear?
yes please!

Should saplings of tradeable seeds be made tradeable?
no? why? dont plant if u plan to sell..

Should we allow Ava's devices to retrieve ammo regardless of where it landed? Currently they cannot collect ammo from anywhere you cannot directly walk to.
no, its already good enough as it is!

Should we append the names of the Recipe for Disaster gloves to include the level they represent? For example, rune gloves.
no waste of time

Should we adjust the inventory appearance of maple logs and staffs to prevent them being confused with yew logs and battlestaffs in trade screens?
no l2read FFS

12-Jan-2015 15:06:39 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2015 15:07:55 by cVesper

cVesper

cVesper

Posts: 813 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Question: Should we remove the unnecessary dialogue when entering or leaving Sophanem for those who are allowed to use the gate?
yes please this is so dang annoying

Question: Should we add a right-click option to slayer masters to get an assignment? Sure why not sounds convenient

Question: Should we open the north side of Varrock west bank to provide access to the agility shortcut?
no go around you Lazy RS3 noobs

Question: Should we add NPC* that unnote items for 5gp per item near certain general stores? These NPC* would be for the use of ultimate iron men as, although other players could then un-note their items without risk of other players taking them. 1 NPC* would be added to the Karamja general store, Rimmington, Pollnivneach and the Bandit camp.
Sounds nice for them, don't see why not

Question: Should a deposit-all button be added to bank deposit boxes?
erm... don't we already have deposit all inventory/deposit all gear? click twice u lazy RS3 noobs.

Question: Should we add a timer to the fight cave to tell you how long it took you to get from wave 1 to killing TzTok-Jad?
Ya that would be quite cool! Why not ^_^

Question: Should we add a fee of 50k to the priestess who collects your dropped items at Zulrah? She will also be made to show what items of yours she is holding and offer you the chance to discard them if you do not want to pay.
YES please by god, make it more than 50k tho! Make it 200K or so. That way there is actually a risk of death while fighting the boss.

And the last thing I'll say is I would LOVE to see you guys incorporate some sort of LootShare/CoinShare system into OSRS so that we can PvM with anyone without fear of them running off with your split. But without the Grand Exchange please! I know you can find a way OSRS team!

12-Jan-2015 15:12:37 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2015 15:16:15 by cVesper

Prince Momo

Prince Momo

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A few of you want to quit if the grand exchange is implemented into OSRS, two posts later the same ones who want to quit if the ge is added, say "we should be able to buy things via the trading post". Seems redundant to be so against something you're suggesting if you ask me.

12-Jan-2015 15:44:26

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top