Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Rabelais
Aug Member 2011

Rabelais

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I support G.E. However I don't the four-pillars model.

Tbh, it would be great a sort of decentralized G.E., in which each type of good is only able to be traded according to its particular area. Take for example the following: runes & mage gear exchange in Lunar Isle; hatchets, logs, Ranged gear & Fletching stuff in Isafdar; picks, ores, bars & melee gear in Keldagrim; Construction, Hunter & Crafting items in Dorgesh-Kaan; Farming & Herblore items in Nardah; bones, foods, raw fishes & other unclassified items in Zeah, the new continent. So there would be less spam, less bots, less manipulation and an accomplished based system.
Twitter
@Imgle
|
Atlantis ADM
| Russia-Brasil

11-Jan-2015 20:23:22 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2018 15:03:48 by Rabelais

ManOf Faith

ManOf Faith

Posts: 1,026 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's what I gather.

We want a better trading solution, We don't want a single centralized GE,

Why can't each trading post work as a ge if its introduced? Seems simple enough.

My opinion is altar the trading post so we can receive item/gold through the system? Can't do it? I am sure there's another way to code it look into that. We need an auction style trade system just look at ebya vs craig*list.

As for MMO's go, WoW has the best auction house/Grand exchange ever made. It works perfectly. Anyways I hope we don't get the same thing we have in rs3.... This was suppose to been right before that and purposely picked that way for a reason. SMH

11-Jan-2015 20:44:29

Blade Nova
Aug Member 2023

Blade Nova

Posts: 50 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear JMODS and fellow members.

If the question is,
should the G.E be introduced into osrs as it was introduced in RS3.

The answer for me obviously is no, even with ''basic'' trade limits in it.

The answer could be yes, if strictly limited --. I personally want a guarantee that prices won't be influenced by merchers, i dont know how that should be fixed but i can't vote yes on a possible doom scenario can't i?

With strict limits, you would be able to profit from the G.E without being able to abuse it at all. I can't imagine anyone voting no on that.

The spot where the G.E. is at doesn't really change how it works so is therefore unrelevant. Altough i think i would rather support a de-centralised G.E indeed, since it will prevent clustering all players.

Offcourse there's problems with the current system even after introduction of the trade post it doesn't seem ideal just yet but that's not a valid argument for introducing the G.E. since i really dont think it will change a thing for the better.
Scaping since 2002.

11-Jan-2015 20:55:25

Numbsoul

Numbsoul

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
is this a damn ******* joke?
i quitted rs in 2007 when GE was released, nojoke i quitted the same week after doing riots for days 10h a day (yes, people did huge riots ingame against it but most of you kids that were like 5 years old when the GE came out dont remember it)
keep making kids happy jagex, ull keep getting alot of chargebacks on memberships and frauds cause stupid kids steal their parents *********** to buy member and crap, if you release GE you really deserve it and you dont deserve the money of adults like me that wanted to relive the old runescape like when we were in highschool...

im extremely ****** right now reading this, my friend introduced me again to runescape in the begining of december so like 1month ago, he said there was no GE, etc to make sure i'd give it a try so i came and played and loved it, im already level 98 and pretty rich after 1month, and boom now you're threatening me to re-release GE??? comon seriously i quit because of it and i just came back because of its non existence, **** off dev team.

11-Jan-2015 21:16:23

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top