Forums

Instanced Corp & Packs

Quick find code: 380-381-124-65521500

Acid Iguana

Acid Iguana

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel as thought the only people against having an actual functioning grand exchange are the ones who feel it will be like the initial inception of the grand exchange; forced prices. That is the only thing that made it damaging to the economy. Right now world 1 is home to hoarding bots and scammers that drastically inflated the price of items and take advantage of those players who don't use zybez. Barrows sets are on average 1m more in world 1 than the same sets in offer on **bez, taking advantage of the uninformed. I feel in the poll post you have to emphasize the fact that it won't be a forced price system, it will be looking around for agreeable prices to trade with. The community is unfortunately extremely short sighted and impulsive with things involving, in my opinion, the golden age of rs2, 2007-2012.
Baseline prices and the ability to average out offers with a median rather than a mean would really help prevent scamming and make everyone happier. I detest having to stand around world 1 for hours to get supplies and sell loot.

When you do repoll a more streamlined trading solution, I would appreciate if in the description you put the fact there would be no forced price caps with the exclusion of the java integer cap. I feel that would lead to a more positive response from the community who is otherwise uninformed.

20-Nov-2014 17:16:58

STR8DEFM8

STR8DEFM8

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do generally like the direction were going in here, but id say that we should logically focus on updates that will bring new/old players to and back to the game, 18k online is a joke. back in the good ole days a quarter of a million was not alot XD

20-Nov-2014 22:21:02

STR8DEFM8

STR8DEFM8

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
C o d y said :
Its not that the players gave it enough support either, its your broken poll system you refuse to acknowledge.

We had to wait a few months before we could even start, since we didn't have our own dedicated engine dev back when this was polled. We said at the time that it'd be a long job.

We could change the poll system by chucking out the results whenever enough people rant on the forums, sure. However, it's going to be rather hard to gauge the overall opinion of the community from the minority who bother engaging in forum debates, especially as such debates tend to give extra weight to those who shout the loudest. So let's accept for now that the poll system is flawed but better than blithely assuming that whatever we last saw on the forums was a representative opinion of the players.

... and if "everyone" really felt that 75% was ridiculously high as a threshold, perhaps there'd have been more support in the poll when we offered to reduce it.

Perhaps the poll was a step in the right direction with future updates and all but dont let one rotten apple ruin the whole bag... Improve the current vote method. for instance the requirements to vote is kind of idiotic. ive played this on my old toon trevor_trev9 since rsc? I think in my opinion what ruined RS3 wasnt just one mistake but b2b mistakes unknowingly over the next 7 years lol.

20-Nov-2014 22:31:17 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2014 22:32:26 by STR8DEFM8

Zaros Arcan

Zaros Arcan

Posts: 704 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So whenever i ACB spec i'm getting melee'd by kree?
Please remove this as i did not vote for a loud KAKAAAAAH sound effect to be added, just the rework on the animation.
For someone who plays with sounds this is becomming deafening to my now fragile eardrums, put a headset on and turn sound up to full + game sounds and you will know what i mean, thanks.

21-Nov-2014 12:06:19

Quick find code: 380-381-124-65521500 Back to Top