Forums

Fate of the Bandosians

Quick find code: 341-342-899-65750192

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

Posts: 901 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Update: There is bonus Dialogue about Bandos and the future added on third post on this page.

Have the Bandosians been forgotten? In this post we can see more to what The World Guardian sees as being Bandosian. There is more to just being dumb and warlike. There is an ideal behind being strong and fighting for what you believe. Yes, I know what being Bandosian means though, I am not trying to make it look pretty. There was hope in this dialogue for Bandosian content in future, perhaps. That seems to be dying and I prefer not to be the last Bandosian out there who actually cared about Bandos as a character. I would hate to see the potential of the Bandosian faction also go to waste. In regards to recent Guthixian butterflies, we are constantly reminded by Guthix's death. Divination, shrine in Falador, and his memorial north west of Eagles' peak are examples.

Will Bandos ever get future content? Is there hope for Bandosians to have a voice in future quests? Will we ever get some treat because of his death, similar to Guthix? I am looking for ideas that bring hope to us as a faction, and at the minimum support to not be forgotten and left behind. We are unfinished business.

Also, a sign of hope by Mod Raven on Reddit (20180322):

The following takes place when encountering Zanik in the Bandosian afterlife (Nomad's Elegy) and if Zanik was killed during The Mighty Fall:

Zanik:
And then you killed me, and I ended up here. Tormented and attacked constantly!
"I see a world where there is no need to flatter and deceive: where power is there to be taken by those with the strength to do so." - Bandos

16-Feb-2016 02:16:33 - Last edited on 28-Mar-2018 18:31:14 by Bandosian

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

World Guardian:
Zanik, you know that I had to do that to uphold the ideals of Bandos.

Zanik:
You're insane! Bandos was dead! How can you think that justifies killing me and subjecting me to this?

World Guardian:
Yes, he is dead, but his message remains. It echoed loud and clear when Armadyl took up his mace; the strong rule and the weak fall.

World Guardian:
If I am insane it is because, rather than use my strengths for myself all the time, I use it to shield the weak.

World Guardian:
You know what, Zanik, I am sick of people telling me I am insane for following Bandos.

World Guardian:
Bandos represented strength. The strength I gained following his ideal helped me save your people. The strength I gained from following him helped me save the world more than once.

World Guardian:
Maybe in doing so I am trying to justify the mountain of bodies I have climbed to get this strong. Maybe I do it because it pits me against stronger foes. Who knows?

World Guardian:
All I know is that I am sick to my back teeth of hearing that being Bandosian is terrible from someone whose entire race would be rotting in their graves. If I hadn't chosen to use my strength to protect them.

Zanik:
You're a monster! Bandos represents tyranny, murder, the slaughter of innocents! I saw exactly what he stood for, not this idealized nonsense you are spouting.

Zanik:
And! You! Killed! Me!
"I see a world where there is no need to flatter and deceive: where power is there to be taken by those with the strength to do so." - Bandos

16-Feb-2016 02:17:04 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2018 18:06:53 by Bandosian

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zarador:
When it became clear that we were losing the war, he began to speak to me as he had not before. He spoke of Yu'biusk, and that he regretted what he saw as his mistakes there. I assured him that Yu'biusk was his to do with as he pleased. He spoke of the people of Yu'biusk, and he pondered what he had done to them. I assured him that we were proud and joyous to serve at his feet once more, no matter what came. He spoke of the doom of his own people, long ago. I assured him that their role in history had been as the crucible in which he was forged, for which we were ever thankful. Finally he spoke of Guthix, and the trickster god's treacherous acts, and of how ultimately all the ills of Yu'biusk and Gielinor could be lain at Guthix's feet.

(Please release more on his exact thoughts, this dialogue is amazing. Was Bandos... regretful... even just a little bit? There is no reason Zarador would mention this as it makes Bandos look weaker. Is Zarador hiding more?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaros:
The god may die, but the philosophy is eternal. In time, another will grow to take his place, be they a god or not.

Goutbones:
So, dere will be a new Big High War God sometime. An next one will have more warriors.

16-Feb-2016 02:17:37 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2018 03:59:11 by Bandosian

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not gonna lie, that was a little more eloquent than I expected from a Bandosian aligned character. I'm not sure how to feel about it actually >_<
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

16-Feb-2016 02:40:57

Giras
Sep Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,399 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zanik's response was on the dollar...Bandos hid his brutality and pointlessness behind a thin veneer of bravado and philosophy.
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently

16-Feb-2016 02:44:26

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

A Mad Hatter said :
Not gonna lie, that was a little more eloquent than I expected from a Bandosian aligned character. I'm not sure how to feel about it actually >_<

I personally loved it, and it felt so right to finally have my character speak in a way I have felt for so long by following Bandos. Being the World Guardian and yet following Bandos, I felt very satisfied reading this dialogue while questing.

16-Feb-2016 02:47:26

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I see Bandosianism as something that evolved from its primitive God. With that said, Zanik is right about Bandos...I just wish I had the oppurtunity to tell her why I killed her. Not for Bandos. Not even for power--though I would never let the opportunity slide.

I did it because I was sick of her whining and hypocrisy. Crying and on and on how the Gods were oppressing people, how this oppression is wrong, joining a group committed to helping all people choose their own path, and yet trying to enslave and subjugate several species, to stop them from forging their own destinies, because she didn't see eye to eye with it. Disgusting.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

16-Feb-2016 02:58:16

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is actually incredible. I wouldn't have expected Jagex to even bother giving Bandosians anything like this, and it's a nice touch for those who are aligned to him to get a chance to actually explain their side of things. " All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty