Forums

Fate of the Bandosians

Quick find code: 341-342-899-65750192

Cybernet377
Aug Member 2008

Cybernet377

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now we just need Godless dialogue more meaningful than "Gods r bad, okay guis? But we can do the same things as them and it's okay." and dialogue for people insane enough to follow Sliske, and all of the existing factions will at least have some attractive points.

Then we could try adding in new gods with their own factions like the Queen and Xau-Tak.

16-Feb-2016 22:54:45

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Balustan said :
Roland Lyons said :
I mean each of the factions have perfectly valid, truthful reasons to align with, even if, as quoted above, the original ideology itself is questionable, or if the figurehead themselves are completely twisted. It's just that some factions good aspects aren't as readily apparent as others, with the Bandosians being the poster child of it.[/quote
That's the beauty of it. Take us Saradominists for example, we have people ranging from friendly knights and wizards to psychopaths like Sigmund.

Zamorak has decent people like Daquarius to monsters like Jerrod.

It's all perspective.

Care to point out those friendly Knights and wizards?

:P

Mostly a joke. Mostly.
Sir Tiffy, Sir Owen, Most of the white knights were never hostile, Sir Edmond, the vast majority of the Wizard Tower wizards.

Mostly a joke yes but I don't see what the point in asking the question was.
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

16-Feb-2016 23:12:12

Derack
Jul Member 2013

Derack

Posts: 3,066 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*claps*

Niceley done jagex. Niceley done.

I wonder what the dialogue would be for Sliskeans and the other factions will be.
If something like this will happens in another quests.
"If you believe you can distance yourself from the harm you cause, you're deluding yourself. You're not some mindless tool. You're accountable. Your actions will catch up with you eventually." -Jedi Master Jun Seros; Swtor Bounty Hunter storyline.

17-Feb-2016 00:07:09 - Last edited on 17-Feb-2016 00:07:28 by Derack

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

Posts: 901 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cybernet377 said :
Now we just need Godless dialogue more meaningful than "Gods r bad, okay guis? But we can do the same things as them and it's okay." and dialogue for people insane enough to follow Sliske, and all of the existing factions will at least have some attractive points.

Then we could try adding in new gods with their own factions like the Queen and Xau-Tak.

I completely agree with this. Dialogue is something that allows the player to really personalize the experience, being able to represent how you feel better, what you stand for better, and how others react based on what you have done and said. This is what I love about RuneScape and the quests it has to offer. I hope they see this and realize how much we already appreciate the improvements and add in more options for different gods, and even the godless. As we see here, the Bandosian self of my character was finally brought out, my character spoke of Bandos in a way we have never seen.

I hope to see the same for all other "less popular" factions as well. And hopefully this won't be the last of any Bandosian dialogue. Just because there are small numbers of a faction doesn't mean they do not exist. I am happy to see the reactions from everyone on this thread and it cheers me up seeing the appreciation for it even if you support another faction. Knowing there are different sides to every story and different methods of playing, its cool that everyone can be who they really want to be.
"I see a world where there is no need to flatter and deceive: where power is there to be taken by those with the strength to do so." - Bandos

17-Feb-2016 00:09:19

Balustan

Balustan

Posts: 19,291 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roland Lyons said :
Balustan said :
Roland Lyons said :
I mean each of the factions have perfectly valid, truthful reasons to align with, even if, as quoted above, the original ideology itself is questionable, or if the figurehead themselves are completely twisted. It's just that some factions good aspects aren't as readily apparent as others, with the Bandosians being the poster child of it.[/quote
That's the beauty of it. Take us Saradominists for example, we have people ranging from friendly knights and wizards to psychopaths like Sigmund.

Zamorak has decent people like Daquarius to monsters like Jerrod.

It's all perspective.

Care to point out those friendly Knights and wizards?

:P

Mostly a joke. Mostly.
Sir Tiffy, Sir Owen, Most of the white knights were never hostile, Sir Edmond, the vast majority of the Wizard Tower wizards.

Mostly a joke yes but I don't see what the point in asking the question was.

Sir Owen is questionable. The White Knight were never hostile sure but they aren't exactly a great bunch of people either. Especially if you believe some of the hunts about them. With Wizards tower wizards it's hard to say. Some are almost definitely Zamorakian, Finix and whatever his name is Grayzag's replacement. Elriss is power hungry and wants to murder somebody using the Stone of Jas and Traiborn and Kovaks are insane.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

17-Feb-2016 01:34:56

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cybernet377 said :

I may be mistaken, but doesn't Hero's Welcome have a godless player outright say that they oppose the gods and what they do to people but don't necessarily think they need to die when telling the Frems about V's death? Or does that happen regardless of faction?
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

17-Feb-2016 02:41:48

Cybernet377
Aug Member 2008

Cybernet377

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mad Hatter said :
Cybernet377 said :

I may be mistaken, but doesn't Hero's Welcome have a godless player outright say that they oppose the gods and what they do to people but don't necessarily think they need to die when telling the Frems about V's death? Or does that happen regardless of faction?

If you're aligned with any other faction, your character objects to the Dragonkin potentially becoming able to kill gods.

If you're Godless, your character objects to the fact that the Dragonkin will gain god powers of their own in order to do so and easily be able to wipe out all mortals afterwards. Basically accepting that the existing Gods are a lesser evil compared to tier 4+ Dragonkin gods, since the existing gods are less likely to go on God Juice fueled rampages and blast Lumbridge-sized craters into the various towns.

Excepting that one time of course.

Sorry I couldn't resist

17-Feb-2016 03:01:22 - Last edited on 17-Feb-2016 03:05:07 by Cybernet377

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cybernet377 said :

If you're Godless, your character objects to the fact that the Dragonkin will gain god powers of their own in order to do so and easily be able to wipe out all mortals afterwards. Basically accepting that the existing Gods are a lesser evil compared to tier 4+ Dragonkin gods, since the existing gods are less likely to go on God Juice fueled rampages and blast Lumbridge-sized craters into the various towns.

Sorry I couldn't resist

Ah, so it was a Godless only thing then. Good to know.

Still agree that the Godless could use dialogue like the stuff Bandosians just got, but small steps I guess :/
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

17-Feb-2016 04:50:45

An Aviansie
Oct Member 2004

An Aviansie

Posts: 12,278 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mad Hatter said :
Cybernet377 said :

Sorry I couldn't resist

Ah, so it was a Godless only thing then. Good to know.

Still agree that the Godless could use dialogue like the stuff Bandosians just got, but small steps I guess :/

I'm confused. I thought you WERE Godless, given your signature.
Armadylean lorebird
| Rite of Passage quest!
Proud owner of the
Master Quest Cape
and the
Trimmed Completionist Cape

17-Feb-2016 04:54:19

Quick find code: 341-342-899-65750192 Back to Top