Forums

Gielinor's God Asylum

Quick find code: 341-342-89-65387102

Seraphius
Jul Member 2023

Seraphius

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros is more like an A.I. or computer - far as we know there's no such personality disorder prompting an individual to think entirely in terms of logic and analysis. Hence I'm not really sure if he belongs to a god asylum - I'm not sure, can you blame machines for being as they are?

And I wholly object to the idea of putting Tuska here. Tuska is simply a wild beast with divine powers, not a sentient individual - I'm sure we don't actually analyze carnivores or beasts in real life for signs of psychosis/mental disorder.

04-Jun-2014 08:31:48 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2014 08:40:21 by Seraphius

Seraphius
Jul Member 2023

Seraphius

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaos Lupus said :
You can be a proud individual while still regretting past actions. I doubt that he feels guilty about most of the things that he's done, but that doesn't mean that he's proud of them. I don't see any of the other gods going around grovelling and begging for forgiveness. Saradomin certainly has no trouble looking you in the eye, and it's pretty obvious at this point that he deeply regrets his actions on Naragun. Wait until Zamorak's quest before making any final judgments.

On top of it all Zamorak doesn't even need to apologize for anything. He is simply characterized by ambition and a love for power - but then it's the politically correct atmosphere today that led us to brand all ambition as evil and ambitious people as sociopaths. Look at Caesar, Napoleon, Alexander, Frederick the Great...honestly which political leader in real life isn't ambitious? I'm not a Zamorakian, but I honestly think there's nothing exactly wrong with Zamorak in terms of mental condition.

04-Jun-2014 08:47:11 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2014 08:47:39 by Seraphius

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seraphius said :
Solanumtinkr said :
Skaragoth, obsessive compulsive, developing serial killer mentality.

So for some reason all professional hunters are serial killers/obsessive compulsive?
No but it always starts off small and Skaragoth is a special case. What do you think would happen once he'd killed Tuska? Do you think it would stop there? I seriously doubt it and I said developing, not that he is.

It would have started off small and build up and up until he achieved Godhood. Then he went after Tuska - he may have stalked others before that - if he succeeded it would not have stopped there as he would need something else to hunt. So Gods, demi-gods and powerful individuals would have become his prey of choice in an obsessive compulsive chain of need.

He wouldn't have grown old. He wouldn't have shifted his energy into something else. He would have kept on killing and when his preferred prey vanished he would switch targets and stalk them instead.

He would have become a serial killer, that is if he wasn't one to start with. He falls into the category of Thrill serial killer.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

04-Jun-2014 08:50:53 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2014 08:54:31 by Solanumtinkr

Adam Teal

Adam Teal

Posts: 2,007 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Bandos one is a little redundant, considering that Bandos's race are war-like and combative by nature.

The Armadyl one is also wrong when it states that he suffers from Shell-shock.

Below are signs and symptoms of Post-traumatic stress disorder:

1) Re-living the traumatic event – The person relives the event through unwanted and recurring memories, often in the form of vivid images and nightmares. There may be intense emotional or physical reactions, such as sweating, heart palpitations or panic when reminded of the event.

2) Being overly alert or wound up – The person experiences sleeping difficulties, irritability and lack of concentration, becoming easily startled and constantly on the lookout for signs of danger.

3) Avoiding reminders of the event – The person deliberately avoids activities, places, people, thoughts or feelings associated with the event because they bring back painful memories.

4) Feeling emotionally numb – The person loses interest in day-to-day activities, feels cut off and detached from friends and family, or feels emotionally flat and numb.

Speaking to Armadyl in WE2 reveals that he has none of these symptoms. The only RS character I know of that suffers from Post-traumatic stress disorder is the Rewards trader at Daemonheim (Marmaros).

04-Jun-2014 08:55:39 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2014 11:26:58 by Adam Teal

Goldmage162
Oct Member 2009

Goldmage162

Posts: 1,457 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A C P L said :
Goldmage162 said :
Where did you get that Seren has Multiple Personality Disorder?

considering she was destroyed into millions of pieces, and the elves and humans use those pieces for different uses, and once those pieces are back together...

its like combining a crystal shard that was used for skilling with a shard used for murder with a shard used for cleaning.

Maybe, but we currently have no evidence of her psyche being affected. We don't even know if she has any semblance of consciousness in her current state.

04-Jun-2014 10:09:23

[#283U6XRSI]

[#283U6XRSI]

Posts: 12,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh well here we go...

Maybe let the shrink stuff for actual shrinks instead of using some psychological terms to bash every god and spark a flame war?

~ There must be
Tranquillity
and
Conflict
Liberty
and
Control
Order
and
Chaos
Collectivity
and
Individuality
, there must be...
Balance
! Join the 9th faction: Guthix! ~
~ There must be Tranquillity and Conflict, Liberty and Control, Order and Chaos, Collectivity and Individuality, there must be... Balance! ~

04-Jun-2014 11:09:56

Adam Teal

Adam Teal

Posts: 2,007 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#283U6XRSI] said :
Oh well here we go...

Maybe let the shrink stuff for actual shrinks instead of using some psychological terms to bash every god and spark a flame war?

This is a flame war? The only thing that would more than pass for faction-bashing was the Saradomin analysis in the OP (And the OP's bias was hard to overlook in his analysis of Zamorak) .

04-Jun-2014 11:26:32

Quick find code: 341-342-89-65387102 Back to Top