Forums

Pieces of Hate Xau'tak theory

Quick find code: 341-342-821-65998868

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jakir said :
I'm sure Kal'ger was named prior to being deposed. And he is still the strongest and the leader of his people. Clearly a name meaning Victorious fits him. Especially given that he is /the/ Warmonger.

Or he could have taken rulership after their deposition. But the point is that unless succession is hereditary (in which case it would have nothing to do with personal capability for victory), Kal'ger likely had that name prior to becoming their leader (and thus before he claimed 'victory' over them).

I also personally pronounce the the TokHaar's 'kal' and the Kal'gerion 'kal' differently (though I have no idea if the change in pronunciation is intended). I pronounce the TokHaar one like 'call,' and the Kal'gerion one like the 'Cal' in 'Calvin.'

20-Mar-2018 13:05:57

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I kinda just see it as

For some reason Dragonkin had an encounter with xau-tak
It didn't go very well
They managed to contain it and seal away (sort of)
Thwy seem to have forgotten about the incident
Now, i really need to get in touch with them (or at least the ones not likely to kill me on sight) and give them a status update.
Then hope they don't kill me immediately after the chat

20-Mar-2018 13:21:40

Jakir

Jakir

Posts: 4,506 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solmestix said :
Obsidian is glass.

Volcanic. Glass.

Do research before attempting to correct me maybe?
And as far as we know, using obsidian on dead things doesn't raise em back up, unlike the Black Stone of Mos Le' Harmless, therefore it can be settled that Xau-Tak is NOT using obsidian.

You're the only one that hasn't done any research. Tokkul, Obsidian Weapons, TokHaar, TzHaar, the Kal Capes, the Obsidian shield, the Ga'al, ect. All of these things are literally made of obsidian in game. ARE ANY ONE OF THEM TRANSPARENT? If you had done literally as much research as looking at anything remotely obsidian in game you wouldn't look like a moron right now.

And this isn't regular obsidian, this is obsidian from a divine being that clearly has some ties to the underworld.

20-Mar-2018 13:54:01

Jakir

Jakir

Quael said :
The stone hand I doubt is Xau-tak, but one of the 3 deity from the new lore of the horrors. If Xau-tak was an elder god, it doesn't need to shatter the edict and ignore it. But it would make sense, that if the stone does belong to the god, it bypassed the edict that prefect the gods from entering via any means. We yet to know what Xau-Tak wants, so assuming they would shatter the edict is just assumption.

Also those kitten we interacted with aren't any form of guardians but something only WE witnessed that, once we interacted, would tell us things such as "Do you think you can save them?" Hey look, it's fucking Xau-tak. And yes we were the only one that saw that, Madam Shih said there were no kittens.

Also on the Obsidian matter, it is glass, so this theory isn't really possible unless we are to assume it's glass then.

But over all, I doubt those hands are Xau-Tak's and maybe one of the three deities from the horror's lore.

Xau'Tak is one of those three dieties. They even go as far as the mention his signature hand thing.

20-Mar-2018 13:55:30

Jakir

Jakir

Hguoh said :
TokHaar obsidian also possesses several other properties including:

Physically containing their consciousness.
Can be melted together to form bars that themselves are ductile enough to forge into armor.
Retains some resistance to extreme heat and lava creatures (as per the armor's damage reduction).

Xau-Tak's stone, on the other hand shows no indication of containing its consciousness and is most definitely not ductile enough to be hammered into armor (instead needing to be carved to make anything). It also shows none of the TokHaar Obsidian's resistances.

On the other hand, Xau-Tak's stone demonstrates qualities that TokHaar obsidian does not such as:

Raising and sustaining undead.
A limited draining effect on living beings (black mask).

Similarities of the two are visual and superficial, while many other properties do not match.

And I'm just pointing out that it is a tough sell that such a Ga'al would survive (the TzHaar systematically exterminated theirs). Even TokHaar Hok was only interested in the Ga'al only as far as being a method to convince the TzHaar to return or to melt it down to join the unity of the Kiln.

And for as capable the Ga'al are of learning, they know nothing initially (not even having the concept of jumping or basic combat). I find it very unlikely that a TokHaar would take the time to teach a Ga'al.

If the black stone contains fragments of divine consciousness that could explain it being denser and harder to work with as well as the effect it has on the souls of those around it.

And if you recall the lost Ga'al is freaking amazing and can do things the TokHaar can't. Being a Ga'al has many abilities and advantages if you can overcome the lack of support from the TokHaar.

20-Mar-2018 13:58:53

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jakir said :
Quael said :
The stone hand I doubt is Xau-tak, but one of the 3 deity from the new lore of the horrors. If Xau-tak was an elder god, it doesn't need to shatter the edict and ignore it. But it would make sense, that if the stone does belong to the god, it bypassed the edict that prefect the gods from entering via any means. We yet to know what Xau-Tak wants, so assuming they would shatter the edict is just assumption.

Also those kitten we interacted with aren't any form of guardians but something only WE witnessed that, once we interacted, would tell us things such as "Do you think you can save them?" Hey look, it's fucking Xau-tak. And yes we were the only one that saw that, Madam Shih said there were no kittens.

Also on the Obsidian matter, it is glass, so this theory isn't really possible unless we are to assume it's glass then.

But over all, I doubt those hands are Xau-Tak's and maybe one of the three deities from the horror's lore.

Xau'Tak is one of those three dieties. They even go as far as the mention his signature hand thing.

4, there are 4 deities. One being above the three which is Xau-tak.. I think one of those three was the stone hand.
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

20-Mar-2018 14:00:20

Jakir

Jakir

Hguoh said :
Jakir said :
I'm sure Kal'ger was named prior to being deposed. And he is still the strongest and the leader of his people. Clearly a name meaning Victorious fits him. Especially given that he is /the/ Warmonger.

Or he could have taken rulership after their deposition. But the point is that unless succession is hereditary (in which case it would have nothing to do with personal capability for victory), Kal'ger likely had that name prior to becoming their leader (and thus before he claimed 'victory' over them).

I also personally pronounce the the TokHaar's 'kal' and the Kal'gerion 'kal' differently (though I have no idea if the change in pronunciation is intended). I pronounce the TokHaar one like 'call,' and the Kal'gerion one like the 'Cal' in 'Calvin.'

People name their children plenty of things to mean victorious, or bringer of victory. If you can't see why that would be super common in strength oriented demon culture I can not help you and this will continue on forever so I won't be responding to any more speculation about why demons wouldn't want names meaning victory as it is obvious they would.

20-Mar-2018 14:01:51

Uncle Harper
Jul Member 2015

Uncle Harper

Posts: 396 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah...there's definitely 4 deities. Uvhastur, Yogsathla, Nyarlahydra (Skeletal horror?), and Tezcasthla (Xau-Tak) is the center figure. I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

20-Mar-2018 14:03:35

Jakir

Jakir

Quael said :
Jakir said :
Quael said :

4, there are 4 deities. One being above the three which is Xau-tak.. I think one of those three was the stone hand.

Yea I was curious about that. Is it just Xau and his 3 prophets or are they mistaking Xau for 2 different ones. Up until that point only 3 (and Tuska) had been mentioned. But yea Xau was definitely one of them.

20-Mar-2018 14:03:41

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jakir said :
If the black stone contains fragments of divine consciousness that could explain it being denser and harder to work with as well as the effect it has on the souls of those around it.

And you base that conclusion on, what exactly? It also doesn't address the several other differences between them.

Jakir said :
And if you recall the lost Ga'al is freaking amazing and can do things the TokHaar can't. Being a Ga'al has many abilities and advantages if you can overcome the lack of support from the TokHaar.

And the lost Ga'al learned from TzHaar-Mej and Jalyt-Mej first and built upon that learned understanding to create its invisibility spell. They need to be taught or learn through observation first before they can build on that to reach something entirely new, and nothing about the TzHaar or TokHaar suggest that they'd be willing to do that for a Ga'al or even leave it alive so it could maybe bumble its way to surviving long enough to learn things on its own.

For Guthix's sake, we had to teach one the idea of jumping! They aren't equipped to even survive without learning some basics first. The idea of one surviving without support or somebody to learn from (of which there'd only be the TokHaar that spawned it and likely wants nothing to do with it since sapient life arose long after the TokHaar would have been left behind) is utterly laughable.

20-Mar-2018 14:15:54 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2018 14:30:55 by Hguoh

Quick find code: 341-342-821-65998868 Back to Top