Forums

Let's talk about Azz and Moia.

Quick find code: 341-342-587-65862401

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let's discuss this controversial excerpt of dialogue from Sliske's Endgame Quest:

(I all-capped a few words to add emphasis and effect. :P )
---------------------------------
Moia:
Hello there, fellow Mahjarrat!

Azzanadra:
And what are you supposed to be?

Zamorak:
This is Moia. Lucien's daughter.

Azzanadra:
Lucien's...daughter? How? But...her face. What is wrong with that thing's
FACE
?!

Moia:
I am half-human.

Azzanadra:
Half?! But that's...my lord, did you know of this, this
abomination?!

Zaros:
Yes. She is not important. The secret of her creation died with Lucien.

Azzanadra:
Good!

Moia:
But I could be the future of our race...!

Azzanadra:
OUR RACE?!
Better to not have a future than this...this 'hybrid'!

Moia:
Zamorak told me you were a self righteous fool! I see now how right he was!

Azzanadra:
Zamorak, how can you stand to be around this
'THING'?

Zamorak:
Moia is a loyal and capable servant. She is also perfectly capable of speaking for herself.

Azzanadra:
My lord, we must... We must...We must
destroy
this creature!

(the next part didn't happen but I am adding it in for the lols.)
Nex:
But Azzanadra, what of I? I am of many races. You saying this is an offense to Nihils such as myself!

Azzanadra:
Silence, freak! You were a disappointment to my lord, therefore you are one of my many disappointments as well!

Nex:
---------------------

What are your reactions about this part? Like a book club, we are just analyzing parts of a chapter like civil human beings here. Nothing wrong with that fmods. :D
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

21-Dec-2016 23:48:21 - Last edited on 21-Apr-2017 10:33:30 by iXavior

Jimothey
Apr Member 2010

Jimothey

Posts: 4,425 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azzanadra lost my respect with this. I thought he would've been interested in Moia, and I even would've been okay if he said that he was only a little uneasy. But man, it was really bigoted of him to say that of all things. Roses are grey, violets are grey, I'm in Pompeii, I'm lost.

22-Dec-2016 00:10:59

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's just Azzanadra being Azzanadra, Zaros being Zaros, Zamorak being Zamorak, and Moia being Moia.

Azzanadra is disturbed because humans are weaker than Mahjarrat. If Mahjarrat-human hybrids become common practice, and new pureblood Mahjarrat stop being made in favor of this new practice, then the Mahjarrat race as it currently stands will be replaced by a weaker variation. I'm assuming that is what Azzanadra fears. He's almost as dedicated to Mahjarrat strength and purity as he is to Zaros.

Zaros didn't give a strong opinion on the matter. I imagine he may find the concept intriguing, with his promises to cure the infertility of various races. But he has more important things to worry about and does not wish to anger his most loyal follower, so he keeps the subject neutral.

Zamorak doesn't care who follows him so long as they are strong and stand on their own two feet. This is obvious.

Moia defends herself for obvious reasons. She thinks Azzanadra is being bigoted, and that there should be more mahjarrat like her, because she sees nothing wrong with who she is. She's still more powerful than a human, after all.
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

22-Dec-2016 00:18:02

NotFishing

NotFishing

Ancient Drew said :
Disappointed. In fact, pissed. I did not expect racism, especially towards a half-human. The World Guardian is human, I expected Azzanadra to exercise the humility he claimed to gain from Fate of the Gods.

I think the World Guardian is just an exception.

He's also horrified at what Moia represents, for reasons I have already stated. He doesn't want to see his race go weak.

Oh, and he wants to destroy all Zamorakians, period.

Also, you'd be pretty freaked out too if a bunch of people started to create chimpanzee-human hybrids, calling them "the future of our race."

22-Dec-2016 00:20:51 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2016 00:30:05 by NotFishing

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh Gods, how can anyone be surprised? Azzanadra has always been as racist as a Klansman when it comes to human, even going into denial and claiming the WG can't be one. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

22-Dec-2016 00:35:55

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NotFishing said :

Azzanadra is disturbed because humans are weaker than Mahjarrat. If Mahjarrat-human hybrids become common practice, and new pureblood Mahjarrat stop being made in favor of this new practice, then the Mahjarrat race as it currently stands will be replaced by a weaker variation. I'm assuming that is what Azzanadra fears. He's almost as dedicated to Mahjarrat strength and purity as he is to Zaros.

Narrator: And the following day, Azzanadra submitted his resume to the Alt-Right movement, for Purebred Mahjarrat superiority.

22-Dec-2016 00:38:42

Angof Cywir

Angof Cywir

Posts: 66 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This isn't the first time we have seen Azzanadra being critical towards humans.

He is always dissapointed in us and he hates when we interrupt him when he is nerding out about stuff like that moment in Heart of Stone.
I submissively obey Lady Seren's every whim and relish every waking moment willingly serving her. She is my mistress and I am nothing without her. I am without thought, self-awareness, and being without her. She is my everything.

22-Dec-2016 00:42:10

NotFishing

NotFishing

Hazeel said :
Oh Gods, how can anyone be surprised? Azzanadra has always been as racist as a Klansman when it comes to human, even going into denial and claiming the WG can't be one.

Source? -_-

Also, is it really racism in this setting? Mahjarrat ARE factually stronger than humans. They live longer, have more powerful magic that most humans are too afraid to touch, and even have a spark of divinity. It's not like the real world where every race has the same physical and intellectual potential. Mahjarrat are to humans what we are to chimpanzees.

He views the WG as an equal because the WG has proven that they are, in fact, an equal.

22-Dec-2016 00:45:02 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2016 00:46:19 by NotFishing

Pupppy

Pupppy

Posts: 8,778 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Humans might be weaker than mahjarrat, but half-mahjarrats might not be - at least in Moia's case.

Remember that Zamorak chose her to be one of his closest followers, the we1 general, and even his direct pupil. Notice that for the first two positions he had good loyal mahajrrat alternatives, such as Enakhra, Hazeel or Khazard.

She is a good spy, sure, but that doesn't make her a general. She might be intelligent as well, but I kinda doubt she's more than mahjarrat who have lived for several thousands of years, at least in terms of experience I guess.

So yea, I take that she's pretty powerful, and I'm sure mahjarrat can sense each other's strength, can they not?

Maybe Azzanadra is so revolted exactly because she is so powerful, and all the extensive, dangerous and hard process of breeding a full mahjarrat baby might be deemed pretty useless if this hybrid alternative is just as powerful and much easier to create.

And if you stop to analyse their actions, Zamorak is rather racist as well. For him it is the end of the world that a single member of his species would die; he'd save them even if they go against his own philosophies and ideals.

But, change the matter to all the humans and demons that fight in his army, and he doesn't really care, even though he might be endangering quite a few demonic subspecies, like the Twin Furies (notice how he didn't mourn the loss of one of them either, altho ok we dont really know if they were the 3 left).

And gee, he supposedly had exterminated the whole race of the aviansie, possibly some forinthry-exclusive fauna and flora, and he never really seemed to care, he even seemed rather proud of it..

22-Dec-2016 00:48:09 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2016 00:53:56 by Pupppy

Quick find code: 341-342-587-65862401 Back to Top