Forums

History of the Lore Community

Quick find code: 341-342-338-65827294

Ava Enithesi

Ava Enithesi

Posts: 780 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said :
By then, most of the Armadyleans in the clan were roleplaying as Aviansies. was not liked by the non-Armadyleans, and even some of the non-aviansie Armadyleans such as myself had become annoyed by the constant shouts of "Screeeeeeee!" in the CC. Eventually, most of the Armadyleans left to form their own clan, and the remainder of AC could not survive without its backbone. So Sky disbanded it in the fall of 2015. The members who left AC formed "The Aviansie Crew", which exists to this day and is now the destination for Armadyl-related discussion.

Believe me, there was a lot more than just what you say motivating the disbanding. It is fair to say that that was the straw that broke the Syrus Coy's back, but it was not the only thing.

This was not a pleasant trip down memory lane that you've sent me down. If you want me to as fairly as I possibly can summarize the things that were going on among leadership, fine. It might just be best to leave it at: "AC disbanded over numerous disagreements, including, but far from limited to, non-Aviansie Armadyleans feeling uncomfortable at what they perceived to be excessive Aviansie RP."

As for The Aviansie Crew, we* keep to ourselves for the most part. Most of you are welcome to guest if you really want, but we don't actively recruit; it's really more of a glorified FC for Armadyleans and friends.

*my main, i.e., this account, is in a more mainstream-ish social clan, but my alt, TawPaak, is a dep in TAC.

02-Sep-2016 16:15:52

Siegfreid
Apr Member 2012

Siegfreid

Posts: 1,129 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
-Aegis of Saradomin is a new clan that was founded in 2016. In 2014, The Hallowed Order was the defacto Saradominist Clan, lead by Ascertes.

Speak not on matters you know nothing about.

The Aegis of Saradomin
was founded in
We were around before the
Tuska World Event.
The Hallowed order
was founded sometime in
albeit under a different name, under the leadership of
Mewzard.
This was around the time of the
Battle of Lumbridge.
The
Aegis
Endures

We are united in Saradomin's light. From this unity we draw strength.

02-Sep-2016 17:17:56

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ava Enithesi said :

Believe me, there was a lot more than just what you say motivating the disbanding. It is fair to say that that was the straw that broke the Syrus Coy's back, but it was not the only thing.

This was not a pleasant trip down memory lane that you've sent me down. If you want me to as fairly as I possibly can summarize the things that were going on among leadership, fine. It might just be best to leave it at: "AC disbanded over numerous disagreements, including, but far from limited to, non-Aviansie Armadyleans feeling uncomfortable at what they perceived to be excessive Aviansie RP."

As for The Aviansie Crew, we* keep to ourselves for the most part. Most of you are welcome to guest if you really want, but we don't actively recruit; it's really more of a glorified FC for Armadyleans and friends.

*my main, i.e., this account, is in a more mainstream-ish social clan, but my alt, TawPaak, is a dep in TAC.

Yeah; most of the other disagreements you speak of are best described as internal clan matters and not meant for this thread. I chose that particular example as it explains why an "Aviansie" clan was created out of the ashes of AC. And yeah, I should have gone into more detail about your structure, but I was tired of typing :P I've guested in TAC a few times; the atmosphere is pretty chill (and there isn't as much screeing as there used to be). The times I've been in there, it was mostly guests discussing Armadyl. So yeah, it is basically a glorified FC. I'll probably be guesting there on the 17th if I'm on at the right time... ;)
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

02-Sep-2016 18:01:34

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Originally I figured AZA/Undivided was just going to be a glorified FC too...but everyone wanted to make it more and more into a clan. Maybe some people will disagree, but I don't think lore and clans go well together. The focus on ranks, power, xp, and the God awful citadel really conflicts with the interest of having a lore community. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

02-Sep-2016 18:14:05

Ava Enithesi

Ava Enithesi

A Mighty said :
Yeah; most of the other disagreements you speak of are best described as internal clan matters and not meant for this thread. I chose that particular example as it explains why an "Aviansie" clan was created out of the ashes of AC. And yeah, I should have gone into more detail about your structure, but I was tired of typing :P I've guested in TAC a few times; the atmosphere is pretty chill (and there isn't as much screeing as there used to be). The times I've been in there, it was mostly guests discussing Armadyl. So yeah, it is basically a glorified FC. I'll probably be guesting there on the 17th if I'm on at the right time... ;)

Ah, fair enough. I'll be at RF myself, so I'm not sure how much I'll even be on during the day. But we'll see you there, after a fashion.

Hazeel said :
Originally I figured AZA/Undivided was just going to be a glorified FC too...but everyone wanted to make it more and more into a clan. Maybe some people will disagree, but I don't think lore and clans go well together. The focus on ranks, power, xp, and the God awful citadel really conflicts with the interest of having a lore community.

To be fair, clan citadels break non-lore clans too - in my early days of clanning, I was in a couple of clans that eventually crumbled with the drama being centered around citadels. For a smaller lore clan, wanting to get a citadel, at least with the way things stand now, is not the best idea.

02-Sep-2016 18:25:04 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2016 18:27:07 by Ava Enithesi

Eren Lapucet

Eren Lapucet

Posts: 1,658 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said :

Yeah; most of the other disagreements you speak of are best described as internal clan matters and not meant for this thread.

I'd rather not get into the specifics of faction issues in the thread, so I'm hesitant putting in details like the excessive Armadylean rp thing.
I'm too Unaligned to have a forum signature.

02-Sep-2016 18:51:01

Ava Enithesi

Ava Enithesi

Eren Lapucet said :
A Mighty said :

Yeah; most of the other disagreements you speak of are best described as internal clan matters and not meant for this thread.

I'd rather not get into the specifics of faction issues in the thread, so I'm hesitant putting in details like the excessive Armadylean rp thing.

I appreciate this.

As I said earlier, "AC disbanded over numerous disagreements" would probably suffice.

02-Sep-2016 19:01:27

Hazeel

Hazeel

Double Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

03-Sep-2016 21:00:09 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2016 21:00:46 by Hazeel

Hazeel

Hazeel

Been thinking back about the lore community's history...one unmentioned thing that came to mind is the multiple attempts to take over the Lore Community that half a dozen players attempted to do. Obvious it never worked, but it was kind of hillarious. XD Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

03-Sep-2016 21:00:10 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2016 21:00:31 by Hazeel

Quick find code: 341-342-338-65827294 Back to Top