Forums

Godless or Zaros?

Quick find code: 341-342-321-65804260

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't be a sheep willing to kneel over to the whims of Guthix, Zaros, or any other God. Do what benefits you, and if a God's idealology (or lack of Gods) furthers your own agenda, then so be it.

Talk to the God Emissaries, read the book for all the factions. That should be enough for a reasonable decision.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

20-Jun-2016 17:50:53

Gylkra

Gylkra

Posts: 1,792 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty much all the reasons for Zaros I had have been mentioned by others.
Those reasons are why I went from Godless to Zarosian.

Plus Zarosian fashion choices.
I'm Gylkra, hunting monsters for fame and glory is my way.

Alt - Ferna Bapt
Ironman - Argent Bapt
Gylkra VS Vindicta -
Current KC: 8,370
-
48 Crests, 30 Lances

20-Jun-2016 21:50:10

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
Don't be a sheep willing to kneel over to the whims of Guthix, Zaros, or any other God. Do what benefits you, and if a God's idealology (or lack of Gods) furthers your own agenda, then so be it.

Pretty much this.

Presumably, if you're interested in lore and treat the game as an actual RPG, your player character is... well, a character. Choice of faction should follow behavior/personality/etc. fairly logically.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

20-Jun-2016 23:54:33 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2016 23:55:47 by Raleirosen

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mad Hatter said :
Way I'm looking at it, all sides suck to some extent or other. So just pick whichever you feel like at the time and switch sides all you want if you find out something you don't like about the group you initially joined.

What happens if I pick Zaros, do Fate of the Gods, restore Zaros in his full form, and then decide to switch to the Godless whilst kicking myself for not crippling him? Also I want to be able to say "I supported that faction, and my loyalty did not falter."

Captain Lime said :
You really shouldn't. Every non-Zarosian NPC who knows about Zaros also tells you that you shouldn't trust him

And any Non-Saradominist NPC will tell you that you shouldn't trust Saradomin. Any non-Zamorakian NPC will say you can't trust Zamorak. All of those NPC* who say you can't trust Zaros only know him for his past actions. Zamorak and Seren are the only gods confirmed to have met him face-to-face. Seren does not know how Zaros has changed, and Zamorak evidently didn't know Zaros very well since he thinks Zaros is out for revenge.

Zulkir said :
Please don't feel you owe Guthix anything for what he's given you.

To be fair, he didn't just give the player World Guardian powers. He also brought humans to Gielnor, ended the God Wars, kept the Gods out of Gielnor, and brought Zanik back to life. The only real things I can resent him for is when he gave up, allowed the gods to return, dumping the responsibility on the player, AND PREVENTING THE PLAYER FROM BECOMING A GOD WHICH I WILL FOREVER BE SALTY ABOUT. But at the same time I can see how he is tired, and whether or not we could become a god and not get ganged up on or make things even worse is debatable.

It was a good status quo, back when our biggest concerns were Mahjarret and Dragonkin.

(continued)
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

21-Jun-2016 02:14:40 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2016 02:15:38 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

Zulkir said :
He's happy for you to follow whatever god or philosophy you feel most comfortable being apart of, all he'll ever ask is that when it's the appropriate time, you show support for and help him when he needs you

But doesn't supporting him at all contradict the Godless philosophy? They don't want gods meddling in the lives of mortals. At all. Zaros wants to do a little bit of meddling, without their knowledge, but still...

Hazeel said :
Do what benefits you, and if a God's idealology (or lack of Gods) furthers your own agenda, then so be it.

I don't want to play a character who is out for personal gain.

Raleirosen said :
Hazeel said :

Pretty much this.

Presumably, if you're interested in lore and treat the game as an actual RPG, your player character is... well, a character. Choice of faction should follow behavior/personality/etc. fairly logically.

My character was a total ****. He gave the Staff of Armadyl to Lucien in Temple of Ikov, and resurrected Hazeel. However, I've decided to roleplay that recent quests and events have made him more mature and responsible, so he actively thinks about what is best for Gie*nor. I put down 'Zaros or the Godless' because I feel like that is what he would pick. Alternatively, I could just have him snap from all the pressure and throw in with Sliske.

21-Jun-2016 02:20:35 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2016 02:22:45 by NotFishing

An Aviansie
Oct Member 2004

An Aviansie

Posts: 12,278 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Between those two? I'd say Zaros.

However, it's a false dichotomy, and I'd sooner pick Seren, Saradomin, or Armadyl than either. But seeing as that's irrelevant, I might as well say why Zaros.

From how I see it, Zaros doesn't necessarily want to impose his will on people. He would rather gain power to stop the Elder Gods and attain what he believes is his birthright even though it really isn't and isn't on some huge, pointless, and potentially bloody crusade to rid the world of gods, even if he doesn't like what they're doing.

Just my two cents. Do whatever makes you happy.
Armadylean lorebird
| Rite of Passage quest!
Proud owner of the
Master Quest Cape
and the
Trimmed Completionist Cape

21-Jun-2016 02:37:14

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NotFishing said :
My character was a total ****. He gave the Staff of Armadyl to Lucien in Temple of Ikov, and resurrected Hazeel. However, I've decided to roleplay that recent quests and events have made him more mature and responsible, so he actively thinks about what is best for Gie*nor. I put down 'Zaros or the Godless' because I feel like that is what he would pick. Alternatively, I could just have him snap from all the pressure and throw in with Sliske.

If the best interests of Gielinor are your primary motivation, go Godless. Zaros is ultimately at least somewhat self-serving.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

21-Jun-2016 03:42:39 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2016 03:48:15 by Raleirosen

NotFishing

NotFishing

Raleirosen said :
NotFishing said :

If the best interests of Gielinor are your primary motivation, go Godless. Zaros is ultimately at least somewhat self-serving.

Eh, just because you are somewhat self-serving doesn't mean you don't have the best interests of Gielnor at heart. You don't think the leaders of the Godless aren't self-serving? Who is going to lead Gielnor after the gods are gone? The Godless also have no plan in place to deal with the Elder Gods.

I'll stick with Zaros for now. If I see enough evidence that his plan will fail, or that someone else has a better one, then I will switch sides.

21-Jun-2016 03:59:37 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2016 04:00:08 by NotFishing

Quick find code: 341-342-321-65804260 Back to Top