Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thing is BH makes pking profitable, least if your successful (duh). "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

21-Nov-2014 14:47:59

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No..normally low lvls eat more I supplies then the 5k str ammy and dds pays for. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

21-Nov-2014 14:59:53

Beatrix
Jun Member 2014

Beatrix

Posts: 1,874 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
San said :
Is that not the case for pking in general?

This

And the people who benefit from BH the most are the abusers who gather up as a clan at corp cave entrance or something easily accessable risking bones, wait to get each other as targets to farm up emblems.

21-Nov-2014 14:59:58

Beatrix
Jun Member 2014

Beatrix

Norne said :
No..normally low lvls eat more I supplies then the 5k str ammy and dds pays for.

Simply an incentive to level up. It's the same with PvM, haven't seen a lv 40 farm GWD.

OR... haven't seen a lv 40 **er chop yews or magics..**** 40 miner mine runite..**** 40 fisher fish sharks... point gone across by now hopefully.

21-Nov-2014 15:01:00 - Last edited on 21-Nov-2014 15:02:08 by Beatrix

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Not really comparable.high lvl PvP is boring as hell and your chance of success does not grow a you level, it drops. It be like if gwds was harder for a lvl 126 then 110! "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

21-Nov-2014 15:09:14

San
Jul Member 2023

San

Posts: 4,259 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indeed.

Once, on other runescape, I decided to kill the kalphite queen. Sumona gave it as a challenge and I was feeling frivolous. Off I toddled to the GE, buying super restores and saradomin brews and rocktails. Overkill, perhaps, but I was like level 100 and I had never PvMed before.

So I got to the Kalphite Queen, and set about her. I managed to kill the first form and get about a third of the way through the second stage, and then my supplies ran out. So I hopped out and got some more. I finally killed her, at my expense of what must have been like 200k+, and as a drop, if I recall correctly, received some mithril arrows.

The moral of the story: because I had neither the gear nor stats to take large, quick hits, I had to spend a lot more on supplies and thus it can be concluded that I simply wasn't high enough level for that to be an efficient way to make money. Had I been higher level, I could have got the kill using a lot less supplies, in which case it may well have been.
Sailing

21-Nov-2014 15:09:43

San
Jul Member 2023

San

Posts: 4,259 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Actually, I will also add another moral to that story (two morals! you look like ants from up here): just because I have stacked all the odds against my favour, does not oblige Jagex to make said method more profitable to suit me. Sailing

21-Nov-2014 15:12:13

Beatrix
Jun Member 2014

Beatrix

Norne said :
Not really comparable.high lvl PvP is boring as hell

subjective

Norne said :
and your chance of success does not grow a you level, it drops. It be like if gwds was harder for a lvl 126 then 110!

Oh, it indeed is more unlikely to get a sigil from corp or a hilt from GWD than it is to get a granite maul from a gargoyle, which is again more unlikely than to get a limp*urt root from a hobgoblin.

Level and rewards' value go exponentially up, while the chance to get the good stuff decreases in a rather linear fashion.

21-Nov-2014 15:13:28 - Last edited on 21-Nov-2014 15:17:27 by Beatrix

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Beatrix said :
Norne said :
Not really comparable.high lvl PvP is boring as hell

subjective

You can dismiss one person's opinion as subjective, but if you asked a larger audience and found that the majority agreed with an opinion it's not subjective anymore. I think you'd find a lot more people would agree that PvP is much more fun at lower levels.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

21-Nov-2014 16:10:14

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top