Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Beatrix said :
Norne said :
Not really comparable.high lvl PvP is boring as hell

subjective

You can dismiss one person's opinion as subjective, but if you asked a larger audience and found that the majority agreed with an opinion it's not subjective anymore. I think you'd find a lot more people would agree that PvP is much more fun at lower levels.

Eh, that's sort of a stretch. I'm not sure I follow. I agree though - I found low level PK-ing more fun.

21-Nov-2014 16:17:20

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I mean if you held an opinion poll and you had 90% choose one option while 10% choose the other option, you actually have numbers that mean something. You can tell one person "yea, that's just your opinion", but asking lots of people you can come to a meaningful conclusion about how fun something is.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

21-Nov-2014 16:26:14

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, that explanation cleared things up. I see what you're saying.

But it is still one big collective opinion, though. Of course, telling someone "that's just your opinion," emphasis on just&your, you could show off the numbers dismissing that.

I thought you were saying that there's some sort of opinion threshold... i.e. once a certain number of people agree with something, it's no longer an opinion.

21-Nov-2014 16:35:13 - Last edited on 21-Nov-2014 16:38:06 by Threat

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Beatrix said :
Norne said :
Not really comparable.high lvl PvP is boring as hell

subjective

Norne said :
and your chance of success does not grow a you level, it drops. It be like if gwds was harder for a lvl 126 then 110!

Oh, it indeed is more unlikely to get a sigil from corp or a hilt from GWD than it is to get a granite maul from a gargoyle, which is again more unlikely than to get a limp*urt root from a hobgoblin.

Level and rewards' value go exponentially up, while the chance to get the good stuff decreases in a rather linear fashion.

First is correct but not just by me. Second is either wrong or not relevant.. Can't tell. A lvl 110 main pker is at a disadvantage to a PvP specific build. Ppl with 53+ prayer are at a disadvantage unless its 70 with piety. More then 75 is really a waste (and only if you have an ESS)!
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

21-Nov-2014 16:43:35

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Beatrix said :
Give me the opinion of a very high% of the player base, until then I find that opinion very subjective.

Oh, and saying "that just is the opinion of x% of players" won't cut it.

It's okay, I don't need to convince you.

Would be interesting if Jagex did more surveys though. They have the ability to get a huge number of votes for any question they ask, it would be nice to see people's opinions on things like this. Perhaps they already know these things though, because I know that for RS3 at least they have Mod Porky analysing huge amounts of data on how people interact with the game to determine what people do and don't like.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

21-Nov-2014 16:58:52

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top