Forums

No, it's NOT Okay

Quick find code: 309-310-746-63888926

Kcin

Kcin

Posts: 13,685 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
silly boy this is rtwscape dont you know rs died long ago?
jagex is now pumping all the money they can out of this fast dying game due to updates like this
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

19-Jul-2012 03:59:36

Dehgok
Dec Member 2023

Dehgok

Posts: 866 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BR0MAT0, never forget this quote, I suggest you add it to one of your main posts:
"... one of our fundamental philosophies is that having fun is more important to us than making as much money as possible..." - Mark Gerhard, Chief Executive Officer of Jagex.
Or perhaps this one:
"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."

19-Jul-2012 05:19:02

Chained King

Chained King

Posts: 3,053 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
well even if everyone on forums said NO(which is highly improbable) Jagex would just say the forums don't represent a good number of people who are playing
I died, it was boring, and so I stood up.
I ask you, what's the purpose of having a purpose?

19-Jul-2012 11:37:23

Sg Randall
Aug Member 2007

Sg Randall

Posts: 4,482 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't mind the store, but i'd prefer not to see people who have brought items in game(like make it viewable only to friends and the person their self or something), because it just rubs in the face that I will NEVER BUY stuff from the store with real money, and therefore will never own these items.
Why so serious ?
;)

? ?
Help me!

19-Jul-2012 11:41:57

[#4VU7PXU6T]

[#4VU7PXU6T]

Posts: 1,765 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
> Earldom posted:
well even if everyone on forums said NO(which is highly improbable) Jagex would just say the forums don't represent a good number of people who are playing
--------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really care if everyone on the forums says "NO". I just don't want people saying "YES"
@Sg Randall, I agree
~Bromato

19-Jul-2012 22:16:35

SsVivid

SsVivid

Posts: 1,776 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"3) It DOES give an ingame advantage to those that care about looks.
-Believe it or not, people on this game actually care about how they look, and how many emotes they have.
-People actually spend their loyalty points on emotes and costumes instead of auras, which shows that there are many people that care a bit more about their looks than about how much they can hit. "
---------------------------------------
Yes. I'm a member of the roleplaying community, and costuming characters is a critical part of the gameplay. Character development, aesthetics, and polish are some of the most important parts of In-Game Runescape roleplaying that set different players apart from the average majority (aside from actual storytelling ability, obviously).
I don't really care about xp; it would be obnoxious for other players to be able to buy their skills via RWT, but I don't see that happening in the near future, so I'm not concerned by it. When we're talking about xp lamps on SoF, it's kind of over the line, but I couldn't care less about skill capes, so it doesn't really effect me.
I don't really care about hits; it would be obnoxious for other players to be able to buy the next greatest weapons via RWT, but I don't see that happening in the near future, so I'm not concerned about it. Even then, as long as I have a good enough weapon from inside the game to beat the next quest boss, I'm content. I couldn't care less about PKing, PvP, and extreme PvM, so it doesn't really effect me.
What do I do? Two things: I do quests, and I roleplay. Turns out, one of those things is HEAVILY affected by access to cosmetic items. Too bad my IRL means don't allow me access to the nicest, newest releases.
Thanks for charging money for the cool new RPing equipment, guys - I appreciate that.

19-Jul-2012 22:40:20

Quick find code: 309-310-746-63888926 Back to Top