Forums

Price Change & Summer Content

Quick find code: 294-295-380-66004782

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now for the updates:

Elite Dungeons:

What a surprise, Jagex catering to top level boss fighters who have so many billions of GP no one else can even afford a partyhat who doesn't elite boss fight, or buy thousands of bonds.

A dungeon made for high level PVM, basically catering to the top level boss fighters while the majority of players will never play it or even attempt it seems a waste of development time to me. I'm really sick of Jagex catering to the top 1% of players and rewarding them with billions of GP worth of drops while leaving out 99% of players who struggle to afford anything in game because most players don't boss fight, and most players want solo content not team content they will never play. A story mode I frankly don't give a $%^& about. If I were voting, I would say no to this content even being developed unless it was made for the majority of players to enjoy, which means monsters that a solo player can take on reasonably without too much stress or difficulty, and profit from.

Player-Owned Farm

This I can get behind. I think a lot of players will enjoy this. Something for skillers is what the game needs a lot more of, and I hope it will be worth doing and profitable, I'd like to for once be able to earn enough GP through skilling to afford not just bonds for membership but anything I want to buy in game. This sounds like it could be fun and I hope rewarding.

Solak

More dead content most will never play as far as the majority of players is concerned, designed only for the already richer than anyone ever needs to be boss fighters. Well I guess the 1% warrant two major updates while the rest of the players live off scraps. Gotta have something for Youtubers to post I guess to advertise the game.

Master Skillcape Perks & Improving 99 Skill Perks

Really boring. I almost wish skillcapes were never added to the game since they make players train skills they would otherwise have no interest in because its the meta to have 120 in everything now.
Hi.

13-Apr-2018 17:57:40

Controlla
Jun Member 2023

Controlla

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please gain our trust back Jagex! Knock this year out of the park with a lot of great quality content that you promised and cut down on the silly mtx promos that make this game feel like a cheap chinese mobile rpg.

13-Apr-2018 18:00:48

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bank Placeholders ahead of the full Bank Rework is something I support.

QOL it would be nice if the Crystal Chisel could be augmented for Invention.

Content Update Live Stream

More chances to watch but not get loot crates. Hasn't worked once since loot crates were added, and Jagex never helps with people who should have gotten loot crates but didn't. That and having to watch live is enough reason to not want to watch streams, when I used to enjoy watching them at my leisure later on when I had time and was awake, instead of having to try and watch an an inconvenient time, then hope for a lootcrate but never get one. I miss when I watched for the content and not for lootcrates I never have received despite having my RuneScape account linked to my Twitch account.

Game Jam

Discord, something I don't use, so I guess I am left out, and due to when the livestreams are scheduled, I usually miss them because they are too early in the day for me, though I would like to watch them live if I can manage it.
Hi.

13-Apr-2018 18:05:23

Still Maxie
May Member 2005

Still Maxie

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally would like to see all of the past promises (bank reword, orts removed, etc.) come t o pass, ahead of all this hype. You seem to keep creating more crap the majority don't want, and not fulfilling past ideas and promises. That might make this game worthy of a TINY increase. It has become a money pit for far to many things... Pay death for my own gear if I should happen to die trying to kill one of your insanely difficult bosses? That was one of your stupider ideas. And it made plenty of players mad and many even left the game. But as usual, things are created for the Elite players and not the Majority. I agree with most of the posts here. Explain how the price increase is warranted when we can't even count on your promises...

I would prefer to see solo modes included in every new quest or dungeon, and not so terribly difficult that far to many of us are left behind, not being able to perform in. I remember when quests were fun and not all about killing this giant boss or that giant boss. Its time to make your players happy! All of them! Not just the high level ones. Step up to the plate Jagex. We're tired of your bull....

One other point that I have discussed with some players... how about a few worlds with NO WILD??? Again, you cater to those who like pking with their very own worlds. What about those of us who don't like it??? And won't go to the wild except when absolutely necessary due to the risk of losing our stuff, and again having to pay your stupid "Death" to get our own stuff back!!! Did I say I'm a little ticked??? Well I am!

13-Apr-2018 18:18:28 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2018 18:22:19 by Still Maxie

WobbaTank
Aug Member 2022

WobbaTank

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You didn't answer your own question. Saying here's content your already paying to have developed at your current rate somehow justifies an increase to another rate does not work.

You could have come out and said hey we just want to keep pace with inflation and look at our new rates.

But you didn't. You've made people compare the value of what they're paying monthly for runescape to what they could be paying for elsewhere. So you turned the discussion into what the player is getting.

So let's take the new yearly rate ($100 US). You are competing with the new AAA titles meaning you need $60 worth of new content added a year. The extra $40 is for existing content and the general maintenance on that content (graphic reworks and whatnot).

If you had to price the content in march was a single new quest and a skilling area worth that months $5? Spring fair and the horrors were existing content so that's part of the $40. Would your team pay $5 dollars for that? If you had to sell each weeks content on a store how much could you cost it for and does that rank up to that $5 in a month?

The industry has changed and the way you look at membership needs to change as well. You currently look at membership as here's your buffet pass when you should start to move to looking at it like normal restaurant where your existing content is the free dinner rolls.

You could have also said with governments moving towards limiting or eliminating MTX, as it's seen as a form of gambling, you need to preemptively begin raising prices as you adjust your MTX policies and practices. Also would have been a fine justification. But you didn't.

So then what is the player getting with the rate increase?

13-Apr-2018 18:30:05

Exhumed2003

Exhumed2003

Posts: 2,300 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even with all the updates you're planning, it does not warrant a price increase in anything. You guys are almost, if not already, charging as much as other leading MMORPGs. The only difference is there is less content in RuneScape.

It goes up a dollar here and a dollar there and a dollar here and a dollar there and soon enough we'll be paying 20 bucks a month for something that should only be costing five.
As old school as a player can be.

13-Apr-2018 18:38:01 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2018 18:39:52 by Exhumed2003

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Transcendent said :
Now for the updates:

Elite Dungeons:

What a surprise, Jagex catering to top level boss fighters who have so many billions of GP no one else can even afford a partyhat who doesn't elite boss fight, or buy thousands of bonds.

A dungeon made for high level PVM, basically catering to the top level boss fighters while the majority of players will never play it or even attempt it seems a waste of development time to me.

Player-Owned Farm

This I can get behind. I think a lot of players will enjoy this.

Solak

More dead content most will never play as far as the majority of players is concerned,

Master Skillcape Perks & Improving 99 Skill Perks

Really boring.

I'm really excited for ALL of these, but I guess it is bad because YOU personally have made out of nowhere assumptions, believing you know a game better than the company that make it.

I bet there are Mods reading this, wishing they were allowed to say this - so I'll say it for them.

13-Apr-2018 18:57:51 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2018 18:58:42 by Haa Haa Jink

Quick find code: 294-295-380-66004782 Back to Top