Forums

Price Change & Summer Content

Quick find code: 294-295-380-66004782

Heyyfayfay

Heyyfayfay

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is this warranted if the US citizens are already paying $20 more for a year membership than if you live in London ?

I understand you guys are trying to keep your head afloat with the possibility of your company being sold. At the same same fair is fair... and you're not being so.

28-Jan-2019 14:42:47

Ketsujo
Nov Member 2022

Ketsujo

Posts: 1,979 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the longest time, membership rode that train of remaining $5...then jumped to $5.99...then $7.99...and now $10.99...now $12.99? Ok.
Considering you're literally losing players by the handful day in day out to other games, this makes sense to raise the prices to balance out the loss.

But here's the bigger issue you are literally going to face with only working on a few aspects of the gameplay that have been a huge hit for players since their inception...well, cept Solak apparently (based solely off the replies in this thread).

You are negating older content that players are asking you to focus on and revitalize.
You are all also forgetting that players want their suggestions and concerns for the game heard, acknowledged and actually be answered in terms of what you are going to do with them. Some of us have had a few particular threads up for YEARS!!...and not a single sniff or hint that mods have taken an interest in the well balanced, well thought out, and very well described ideas. We have asked for particular things to be addressed in terms of Combat, Bugs, Certain Gameplay mechanics that make the game overly more of a headache than an actual playworthy experience. Granted, the past couple of months, updates have been relatively fantastic in terms of something new to do, but what about the other content that us players actually enjoy?

TL;DR (I guess...?)
Everything stated in the OP, is alright I guess. From a Business standpoint I can see why prices are going up. Tweaking an aspect that was heavily abused by players to achieve a cap in a skill that was supposed to take months to raise (which was literally done in a matter of 3 weeks thanks to the release of the content) was okay for the most part, but became relatively painful to continue to attempt to work on with the nerf in spawns and drops...not to include the sheer fact that certain genetics were made a 1% chance to obtain.
I don't even want to bother with Solak, last time I attempted this -_-
Runescape Player since 2007

Ultimate Construction Update! - QFC: 74-75-76-65876528
- Go Read It and Comment Away!
Player Owned Kingdoms Update! - QFC: 74-75-440-66076908
- Opinions Needed!

07-Apr-2022 16:42:57

Quick find code: 294-295-380-66004782 Back to Top