Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Van Vliet
May Member 2010

Van Vliet

Posts: 1,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've seen others posting about an expansion to the map, new towns and areas etc. I think it would be better to work on something like that instead of using time and resources to create a system most of the player base doesn't agree with so far. RuneScape has had the same over world layout ever since the RuneScape 2 beta went live. I agree that it's time for new areas. The current ones have had their expansions with new dungeons, etc, but it's starting to get a little cramped.

-Recon
-Revive RSC
Looking at my post history in 2022 has made me realize I may have had a very minor case of serious brain damage as a kid.

21-Oct-2013 21:33:12

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
if we keep voting no to every poll, it will never be implemented. ;)

Like people said before, this is just for the people who play 24/7, guess they sometimes call them "elite"? LOL.

If they feel like they have accomplished everything, and have nothing to do, maybe it is time they start looking elsewhere?

21-Oct-2013 21:46:29

Ian Peregrin

Ian Peregrin

Posts: 739 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to say so, but this idea is New Jagex at its worst - wasting time and other resources on a pointless, cheap mini-update.

We had no quests for half a year - with no signs of Jagex even willing to make good for that, and catching up.

Second skill? Delayed until further notice.

Instead, we got an endless series of RWT pseudo-updates - most prominently, squeal promotions. And *of course* this pseudo-content uses up resources that could be used for quests, bosses, clan citadel and player-owned ports updates, new skills - stuff that adds real, substantial play value to the game.

The "prestige" system adds just more boring grinding and is an invitation for even more botting.

21-Oct-2013 21:57:19

Metal Little
Dec Member 2006

Metal Little

Posts: 2,377 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First and foremost, I'd like to thank Jagex for allowing us to actually vote on this. I hope that Jagex introduces more polls that decide the fate of future content instead of just releasing it without any player input. If Jagex did this a lot sooner, then free trade and Wildy wouldn't have been removed in the first place. Also, EOC wouldn't make it into this game as well, which dealt another blow to the old-school RS community.
~
Metal
~

Bring back the old look on male Armadyl armor!

52-time OSRS/3 Skill Master

21-Oct-2013 22:13:35

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :

...want to pass people in the high scores without putting in any effort.

I'll never pass people who have 200m in a skill because their rank is permanent. This has been stated by Jagex, reiterated by me and my support of how Prestige stands.

I don't care about rank. I'd elect to be off the hiscores if possible, especially if Prestige is implemented, because I specifically care only for one thing on that topic: Maintaining the feeling of progression . Every decent rpg has it.

Dadizar said :

your continued math that completely disregards informaiton from the blog

I can see why someone like you who cannot compete would love to be able to increase total rank without any effort.

I am so glad this concept will be disregarded. Your type has had enough updates because XP is too hard to get. They complain things are too hard and when insane XP rates are added they complain they are not special enough.

I don't warband. I don't support it or anything like it because it devalues actual work put into a skill. It is a handout. Your preconceptions of people are garbage, just as your ability to read what the blog states is, and your ability to foment what it actually means.

Of course, if you had bothered to read any of my posts, you'd see that you're more like how you're making me out to be than I am.

Dadizar said :

LOL

Brilliant debate skills.

Me getting extraneous total levels will in no way put me at a better rank than someone who has 200m in a skill. The first currently 2595 are the only ones that matter. They're the only ones that will matter with Prestige. It's simply a means to observably denote the fact that someone continues to play in a 32 bit signed integer limited-construct environment.

Not that you appear to understand any of that.

21-Oct-2013 23:40:45

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tolnac said :
I have 200 mil xp in a skill. If you have the ability to apply the 200 mil to prestige levels, then I have no objection, but since I'd lose it all (Mod Crow is dumb if he thinks people don't see switching back to your old 99 doesn't lose you xp) the current set up for prestige earns a resounding 'no'.

How are you losing exp when it's still counted towards your lifetime earned amount?

Have any of the people voting no bothered reading the entirety of the blog and comprehending every nuance of it?

21-Oct-2013 23:44:07

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Red Silk Vow said :

Brilliant debate skills.

Me getting extraneous total levels will in no way put me at a better rank than someone who has 200m in a skill. The first currently 2595 are the only ones that matter. They're the only ones that will matter with Prestige. It's simply a means to observably denote the fact that someone continues to play in a 32 bit signed integer limited-construct environment.

Not that you appear to understand any of that.

Nice try, but we both know prestige as originally described, and would have been implemented had this joke passed, changed the prestige high scores to the main default high score.

The example from the developers blog shows that
prestige 1 level 1 13 mil total lifetime xp is ahead of
prestige 0 level 99 200 mil total xp.

If high scores did NOT matter to you, you could have voted NO and asked for a prestige that had no effect on high scores, except in the seasonal high scores where they belong.

I also like the way you twist the truth to try and influence people to vote the way you want them to.

So glad that this idea is failing miserably with the RS community.

Oh, by the way, I just did a star. Talked about prestige and what J-Mods said (not you) and 10 more people voted NO.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

21-Oct-2013 23:55:11 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2013 23:55:58 by Dadizar

big d4u2nite

big d4u2nite

Posts: 339 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want to Thank Jagex for letting us vote on this poll. I have thought about it for a while and made my mind up, i've voted "No" because this will turn out to be excessive gameplay for players, many has used time on getting 200m on skills, it wouldn't be fair to have a new rank system for prestige.

But thanks Jagex=) hope to see a new boss soon!

22-Oct-2013 00:00:48

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top