Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Oras Shadow

Oras Shadow

Posts: 10,249 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Red Silk Vow
"They can't change the cap for the same reason they can't change stack size" ....

Then what are they doing in prestige if not changing the cap? "Any xp gained during Prestiging a skill, is added to that skills total xp. So you have 200mil xp, you gain 30mil when you Prestige, so total xp for that skill would be 230mil" The cap is 200m and you now have 230m exp so the cap has been changed!!!!

19-Oct-2013 18:56:01

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oras Shadow said :
@ Red Silk Vow
"They can't change the cap for the same reason they can't change stack size" ....

Then what are they doing in prestige if not changing the cap? "Any xp gained during Prestiging a skill, is added to that skills total xp. So you have 200mil xp, you gain 30mil when you Prestige, so total xp for that skill would be 230mil" The cap is 200m and you now have 230m exp so the cap has been changed!!!!

I can think of two simple ways to raise the XP cap. I guess I have no clue because I have no idea what the "can't change the stack size" remark is supposed to mean. Sounds like parroting a concept without have any understanding of software engineering.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

19-Oct-2013 19:05:21 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 19:05:59 by Dadizar

Zebub

Zebub

Posts: 18,298 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If I would be a member, I would have voted no.

Two reasons:
1) Prestige is what kills the community. It makes people turn into no-lifers who play for the egoboost, not fun. With skillcape, max cape, comp cape, high-lvl forum and hiscores there is enough prestige and competition. With this prestige system you will increase the gap between those no-lifers and normal people, and you give the no-lifers look more down to other people.

2) Prestige system give incentive to buy level bots. I appreciate Jagex to have released bonds to lower down RWT bots, but they must understand the other kind of bots is the one that trains your levels while you can't. Why killing RWT bots just to replace them by another kind?

3) You can give prestige by increasing the levels from 99 to 120. It would be purely cosmetic (for now...) and give two capes: a skill grandmastery cape and a "totally maxed" cape (suckish name I know...). At least the prestige comes to an end, this new system would 10x current xp totals.

Oh and to the kids who keep tantruming about it being optional: skill capes are optional, max capes are optional, comp capes are optional, but everyone wants them. Take a lesson in psychology before saying it is optional. Everybody here in forums succumbed under the group pressure to have at least one 99, so you can play with the "big boys". Everybody here don't want to be left behind.

~ There must be
Tranquillity
and
Conflict
Liberty
and
Control
Order
and
Chaos
Collectivity
and
Individuality
, there must be...
Balance
! Join the 9th faction: Guthix! ~
~ There must be Tranquillity and Conflict, Liberty and Control, Order and Chaos, Collectivity and Individuality, there must be... Balance! ~

19-Oct-2013 19:08:07 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 19:11:52 by Zebub

Zebub

Zebub

Posts: 18,298 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jack said :
Jetthewyvern said :
If, as you say in your post, this is aimed at higher level accounts, why are the requirements to vote so lax?

We're going to track and analyse the patterns in the voting.

Say the vote passes, but the overwhelming majority of high level players vote against it. We'd take that into account when deciding how to implement it.

How should I interpretate this...

1) If you're high-lvl but ex-member (ergo me), your opinion doesn't matter as you cannot vote. It will affect me tremendously but it gets decided over my head.

2) If you're low-lvl but P2P (depends on what Jagex finds "low lvl" but a lot people), your opinion doesn't matter either as Jagex looks to the higher-lvl side only. Even if those 38% are all the high-lvls and the 62% the low-lvls, would Jagex still push it down the no-voters throat?

3) The basic plan of this idea doesn't get thrown away, I expect Jagex to change some terms and conditions but keep the overall foundations. So even if this gets rejected, it won't matter as money has been spend on it and it will be released in some way another. Jagex should learn to ask and then develop, not develop and then ask. Really that is childish...

Yep Jamflex did it again...

~ There must be
Tranquillity
and
Conflict
Liberty
and
Control
Order
and
Chaos
Collectivity
and
Individuality
, there must be...
Balance
~ There must be Tranquillity and Conflict, Liberty and Control, Order and Chaos, Collectivity and Individuality, there must be... Balance! ~

19-Oct-2013 19:21:58 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 19:25:19 by Zebub

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zebub said :
If I would be a member, I would have voted no.

Two reasons:
1) Prestige is what kills the community. It makes people turn into no-lifers who play for the egoboost, not fun. With skillcape, max cape, comp cape, high-lvl forum and hiscores there is enough prestige and competition. With this prestige system you will increase the gap between those no-lifers and normal people, and you give the no-lifers look more down to other people.

2) Prestige system give incentive to buy level bots. I appreciate Jagex to have released bonds to lower down RWT bots, but they must understand the other kind of bots is the one that trains your levels while you can't. Why killing RWT bots just to replace them by another kind?

3) You can give prestige by increasing the levels from 99 to 120. It would be purely cosmetic (for now...) and give two capes: a skill grandmastery cape and a "totally maxed" cape (suckish name I know...). At least the prestige comes to an end, this new system would 10x current xp totals.

Oh and to the kids who keep tantruming about it being optional: skill capes are optional, max capes are optional, comp capes are optional, but everyone wants them. Take a lesson in psychology before saying it is optional. Everybody here in forums succumbed under the group pressure to have at least one 99, so you can play with the "big boys". Everybody here don't want to be left behind.

~ There must be
Tranquillity
and
Conflict
Liberty
and
Control
Order
and
Chaos
Collectivity
and
Individuality
, there must be...
Balance

You say prestige will create no-lifers, but having skills go to 120 with a cape to match will create no-lifers too. As does going for 200mil in a skill create no-lifers.

continued

19-Oct-2013 19:33:23

Voss

Voss

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No offense to all those who posted a response on here....but this whole prestige thing has gotten old now...i dont see it being implemented...which is what jagex clearly stated if the yes votes dont reach 75%...its no where even close to that...so I'm pretty sure we all know it wont. Not sure why this thread is even still active considering that the "no" votes are already 6000 more than "yes" votes. Even keeping the poll open until the 22nd wont make any difference...the "no's" have already won this battle. There is no other argument that anyone can say thats going to change any of this! Why Jagex wants to keep the poll open another 3 days is beyond me because there is no way the "yes" votes will ever get to 75% or more during that time!

19-Oct-2013 19:39:34

Songs

Songs

Posts: 669 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zebub said :
Mod Jack said :
Jetthewyvern said :
If, as you say in your post, this is aimed at higher level accounts, why are the requirements to vote so lax?

We're going to track and analyse the patterns in the voting.

Say the vote passes, but the overwhelming majority of high level players vote against it. We'd take that into account when deciding how to implement it.

How should I interpretate this...

2) If you're low-lvl but P2P (depends on what Jagex finds "low lvl" but a lot people), your opinion doesn't matter either as Jagex looks to the higher-lvl side only. Even if those 38% are all the high-lvls and the 62% the low-lvls, would Jagex still push it down the no-voters throat?

~ There must be
Tranquillity
and
Conflict
Liberty
and
Control
Order
and
Chaos
Collectivity
and
Individuality
, there must be...
Balance

just because they said they'd take into account how the high-lvl players voted does not mean those votes mean more. for all we know, if most high lvl players say no their votes will mean less. the point is, they didn't say, best not to assume.

19-Oct-2013 19:41:38

Voss

Voss

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This whole thing was a bad idea to begin with...but at least we were able to vote on it...yet i would be sorely disappointed if jagex just turned around and said ***** it and launched it anyways. its not like jagex ever told us one thing and did the exact opposite...we're all familiar how jagex likes to s..c..r..e..w us that way

19-Oct-2013 19:43:23

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top