Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :

Thank you for admitting that your only motivation for voting YES is all about you.

Yeah, don't bother reading any of the parts about it being optional.

You people are as illiterate as you are ignorant.

Nevermind the fact that other people could make more money than they currently do without needing to hit 80/90 in production skills, or for frosts, or GWD bosses. Hell, the fact that most pvm below 70, or 80-90 slayer is worthless.

Let's just be stupid and focus on the fact that someone actually changed their whole worldview on the game because prestige would allow them to do something that the current cap doesn't, and let's ignore how much chaos changing that would cause, and let's stupidly continue bashing our faces against them because we somehow imagine they're more selfish than us because they want some optional content so they can feel like they're actually progressing while they go about playing the game the same as they currently are, and giving
YOU
the opportunity to benefit from it as well.

19-Oct-2013 15:19:27 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 15:25:21 by Red Silk Vow

hanyo

hanyo

Posts: 7,057 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Red Silk Vow said :

I don't care about rank. I care about what I'm doing has a benefit. I never once considered going past 13.1m before dung because it had absolutely no benefit to doing so unless it was something I enjoyed. Therefore, all experience gained was incidental, not the reason I was doing something.

With prestige, I'd be able to actually DISPLAY that by showing that I've got more than 200m in a skill- or have prestiged it multiple times.

But you have no 99s or 200m skills.

19-Oct-2013 15:22:42 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 15:23:17 by hanyo

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Red Silk Vow said :
Dadizar said :

Thank you for admitting that your only motivation for voting YES is all about you.

Yeah, don't bother reading any of the parts about it being optional.

You people are as illiterate as you are ignorant.

Nevermind the fact that other people could make more money than they currently do with needing to hit 80/90 in production skills, or for frosts, or GWD bosses. Hell, the fact that most pvm below 70, or 80-90 slayer is worthless.

Let's just be stupid and focus on the fact that someone actually changed their whole worldview on the game because prestige would allow them to do something that the current cap doesn't, and let's ignore how much chaos changing that would cause, and let's stupidly continue bashing our faces against them because we somehow imagine they're more selfish than us because they want some optional content so they can feel like they're actually progressing while they go about playing the game the same as they currently are, and giving
YOU
the opportunity to benefit from it as well.

I never said I was not voting for what I thought was best for myself and my friends.

I also have not made a single post attacking people for posting why they voted the way they did.

I have made posts responding to people that insist on replying to every post of persons stating an opinion that is not a YES vote.

I must be stupid and illiterate because I do not agree with you? You must be angry all the time or live in a very sheltered bubble.

My apologies to everyone else on this thread. I will stop feeding the troll now.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

19-Oct-2013 15:29:27

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :

I have made posts responding to people that insist on replying to every post of persons stating an opinion that is not a YES vote.

Heaven forbid someone try and change someone else's mind, or convince those who haven't cast a vote already. Especially when it comes to optional content.

Dadizar said :

I must be stupid and illiterate because I do not agree with you? You must be angry all the time or live in a very sheltered bubble.

No. You not bothering to read, or comprehend, what you reply to, is why. Ignoring basic logic and assuming the worst and that implementing prestige means they'll prevent everything else from going on as it does or expanding upon it further to synergistically co-exist and exponentially benefit the user is further evidence of why I felt it necessary to respond to you uncouthly.

19-Oct-2013 15:48:06 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 15:54:17 by Red Silk Vow

Arizcoyote
Feb Member 2010

Arizcoyote

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The prestige idea is not going over well at all.

Runescape has 2 major problems - 1) massive inflation of skill points through lamps, divine rocks, penguins and many others. 2) The same levels - no new levels.

IDEA - rather than Prestige - going back to lvl 1 - try this
1) A SKILL cape can be achieved at 99 level on any skill
2) Raise all levels through your mathematical function to 200 or 250 (whatever you decide) - then at various levels - (example at Level 120 - you can trim your skill cape in silver, 140 trim in Gold, 160 - trim in Mitril, 180- Trim in adamant, 195 - trim in Rune, and 200 - super spectacular skill cape with special options)

At higher levels you can add better monsters, tougher trees, bigger ideas - (example have to get gravity boots - to fight lunar moon monster on Runescape Moon, but watch out for meteors)

19-Oct-2013 17:26:46

Oras Shadow

Oras Shadow

Posts: 10,249 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Rell
200m xp is not erased...

Are you saying that if I prestige my "getting close to" 200m skill that at lvl 1 my skill exp still shows the almost 200m and it only gains 30m more exp for going through all those boring levels again? Yes I can see that 30m for 99 levels is over twice the original amount but still... No thanks. This 200m is a "once in a lifetime" goal for me... just to say I actually did it. I don't care about rank and I don't care about bragging rights. I only want to prove to myself that I can do it.

Don't get me wrong... I am not totally against prestige, just against it in its current form! I know it is "optional" but to me it just divides the Rs community in one more way.

Yes, high level players need more challenges but replaying content is not the way to go in my book even if you do get a new bunch of numbers to throw around to your friends/enemies. Give us something new to work at and higher exp caps along the lines of "elete" tasks and then watch us go!

@ Veni
Those worrying about the current highscores losing value I think have failed to understand that the original highscores will still exist.....

Yes but who will they matter to except those who are on them? Players as a whole will look first at the prestige scores then [maybe if they are extremely bored] the normal ones.

@ Dadizar
Prestige DOES DESTROY the REAL high score table by making it a footnote.

What a wonderful way of wording it!!!

also @ Veni
I think people want to "complete" the game, but the numbers of those who will ever achieve 200M xp in all skills is so small it's pointless to really worry about it.....

This may be true but the number of people who will achieve 200m in one skill is a much larger number.

19-Oct-2013 18:51:58

Oras Shadow

Oras Shadow

Posts: 10,249 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Nemesis 77x
I would, however, support raising the max level to 120 as with dungeonerring, with some new content for the higher levels, and upgraded cape. Also a possibility for those players who have reached the 200m mark maybe an upgraded cape emote for that skill or and extra embellishment on the cape. So i guess I am proposing 3 types of skill cape. The 99, 120, and 200m cape. or even the 200m cape could be more like a royal robe with the skill emblem and colors.

I like all these ideas. I'm working on 200m cooking exp just for my own satisfaction but it would be nice to have something visible to show that I did it.

@ Red Silk Vow

Footnote: a note with added information that is placed below the text on a printed page

This is exactly what the normal high scores will become! "You can't get to the prestige one without it" is true but all you are saying is that it will just be a stepping stone to something else... ie a footnote!! "it's stupidly easy to make them equal" how can they be "equal" when the values represented by each are not equal? "or allow preference as to the user's whim" what if the "user's" whim is to see everyone on an equal footing with everyone on the same playing field and playing by the same rules? Is there a preference for that too?

"Not to mention the fact that EVERYTHING YOU DO IN IT CARRIES OVER." Carries over to where? In what way? Are you saying that if I choose not to prestige and gain exp it is registered in some other place? For what purpose?

But I do totally agree with your comment : "I'd be all for them being available in another manner for those who choose not to prestige, as it were. I don't think optional content should be forced, or that aesthetics should have only one source."

I also like oADAMo's idea of limitless exp

19-Oct-2013 18:55:09

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top