Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

Dragan
Nov Member 2023

Dragan

Posts: 715 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just got levl 13 Div now. So far I'm really enjoying the new skill, but Jagex would you mind telling me why I can't use any xp lamp's on Div? Is it because it's a brand new skill, and you don't people to cheat their way up to 99?

Mighty Dragan

30-Aug-2013 01:29:42

Dragan
Nov Member 2023

Dragan

YouEyeWhy said:
How can you enjoy it! Theres nothing to enjoy! Its just doing the same thing over and over and over! If you think that is fun then you seriously have to try other things! This is a game. It is meant to entertain! ENTERTAIN! And that means not grinding for hours on end repeating the same thing again and again! That's why this skill is dreadful, and I really doubt that the next skill will improve it.

PS: Anybody who said this is a social skill, go look at the divination spots now.

Umm YouEyeWhy have you even played RuneScape at all since you created your account, or did some random player just give you theirs for free. Been playing RuneScape since 2004, and almost every single skill that I've worked on has been one big repeat one after another. Go work on a skill for once, and you will know what I mean. Every single skill is a repeat. There has never been any fun on the skill's in this game.

Mighty Dragan

30-Aug-2013 01:39:03

Man Flu
Jul Member 2022

Man Flu

Posts: 939 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Just got levl 13 Div now. So far I'm really enjoying the new skill, but Jagex would you mind telling me why I can't use any xp lamp's on Div? Is it because it's a brand new skill, and you don't people to cheat their way up to 99?

Mighty Dragan

There is a period where lamps/pendants/tears cannot be used on Divination as it is a new skill. This should be lifted 2 weeks-1 Month (2 developers said they might extend it to a month[reddit]) after the release of the skill

30-Aug-2013 01:39:53

Tetsujin
Nov Member 2005

Tetsujin

Posts: 545 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(1/2)
Alright. Got myself 87 div. Let's take a look at what it's like.

Let's start with the obvious. It's a gathering skill. Let's compare it to the other gathering skills shall we?
-Fishing: collect a material that is used to craft something (food from cooking).
-Mining: collect a material that is used to craft something (smithing).
-Woodcutting: collect a material that is used to craft something (fletching, construction, and sorta firemaking)
-Hunter: collect materials that are used in various areas of the game (weapons, herblore, etc.)
-Divination: collect materials that are used to train itself... wat. You take half of the things you collect and drop them in a hole. The other collected materials are used to craft things USING THE SAME SKILL. This "gathering" skill results in no gathered materials at all. Sure, you can make the point that they plan to use it in the next skill coming up, but what are they gonna do? Use the memories that are already used to train the skill? Use the energy that can already be crafted? Divination is a gathering skill...for itself.

So, since it has crafting elements, let's look at what you can make with it.
-Portents
-Restoration (many levels): Automatically heals you when you fall below 50% HP.
This is what food is for. I thought you were trying to improve the combat system, not make it play itself.
-Item Protection (level 92): Keeps an extra item on death.
Somewhat useful but why wear this when you can wear something that will revive you instantly on the spot? which brings me to the next portent.
-Life (level 99): Revives you with 25% HP on the spot if you die.
Sure, this is rather useful but you need to get all the way to 99 to even use it.
-Passage (many levels): opens dungeoneering doors that you do not have the level for.
...Isn't this what potions are for? Why add something that already exists?

31-Aug-2013 15:12:55

Tetsujin
Nov Member 2005

Tetsujin

Posts: 545 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(2/2)
Let's move onto the next object.

-Signs
-Respite (multiple levels): increases gravestone timer
Where can you die that takes longer than 15 minutes to get to? These signs just add time to an already generous timer.
-Porter (many levels): transports certain items to the bank
Actually useful. Good craft item.
-Item protection (level 69): keep an extra item on death
Again, why save an item when just a little further down the line is a sign that revives you on the spot?
-Life (level 78): revives you to 25% HP if you die
Pretty useful in that surprise moment that kills you.

Transmuting: crafting a few items into a higher level item. None of them are faster exp than gathering and all make you lose money. You'd be better off just buying the product than transmuting it. Useless.

Finally, there are divine spots. You're using a "gathering" skill to train another gathering skill. Sure, it's slightly useful for a couple resources, but it isn't adding anything new to the game, it's just making other parts of it easier.

So far, it seems like divination is more of a crafting skill that is trained by gathering its own resources rather than crafting. On top of that, the of crafted items only a couple of them are even the nearest bit useful**

**;DR: I am disappoint.

31-Aug-2013 15:13:18

Bo Chiu
Jul Member 2016

Bo Chiu

Posts: 1,676 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These Chronicles are ******* me off. Everyone's competing for some stupid orange balls when you said that it's a social skill and everyone should come together. You know what? Remove your IP ****. People with better PID can have advantage over everyone else in the game. WTF

EDIT: REMOVE IT.
EDIT2: Might as well remove the damn skill too.

01-Sep-2013 01:15:30 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2013 01:16:24 by Bo Chiu

Dragan
Nov Member 2023

Dragan

To Chiu Bo- Yeah this new skill is really social. I've been getting trolled the whole time up to levl 46. This is why I never talk to people ingame anymore. Nothing, but Troll's, and Bot's, and people always fighting over the stupid chronicle sphere's to. So stupid.

Mighty Dragan

01-Sep-2013 18:30:19

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top