Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

More Larss

More Larss

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have an idea in regards to xp boosts such as lamps, pendants and whatnot.

How about making it impossible to use any lamp obtained before the skill was released, on the skill in question, forever? That goes for pre-gained divine tears and other 'points' you can have stored to 'buy' experience in the skill as well.

Any experience boosting items, points or similar that's usable to buy experience gained before skill release: Not able to be used on said skill at any point.

Any experience boosting items, points or similar that's usable to buy experience gained after skill release: Able to be used on said skill immediately.

27-Aug-2013 18:57:56

David Starr

David Starr

Posts: 864 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not seeing the advantage of training Divination. Other skills, such as the fighting skills, Herblore, Fishing, Mining, etc, directly relate to improvements in your character. I don't see any gains to be made from Divination. The Transmutation is great for cleaning up old supplies in your bank, but that attribute could have just as easily been given to the Bankers. And the Divine Locations aren't that divine, as they only last for a matter of seconds. The signs are all already done by other devices, such as the Ring of Life and the Imp boxes. So basically Divination seems to be a gathering skill, with no reason to gather. Someone, please, tell me what it is I am missing.

27-Aug-2013 19:17:34

Baduk
Feb Member 2023

Baduk

Posts: 229 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I'm not seeing the advantage of training Divination. Other skills, such as the fighting skills, Herblore, Fishing, Mining, etc, directly relate to improvements in your character. I don't see any gains to be made from Divination. The Transmutation is great for cleaning up old supplies in your bank, but that attribute could have just as easily been given to the Bankers. And the Divine Locations aren't that divine, as they only last for a matter of seconds. The signs are all already done by other devices, such as the Ring of Life and the Imp boxes. So basically Divination seems to be a gathering skill, with no reason to gather. Someone, please, tell me what it is I am missing.

Divination's useful companion skill will be coming out by early 2014

27-Aug-2013 19:53:02

YouEyeWhy
Dec Member 2017

YouEyeWhy

Posts: 403 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How can you enjoy it! Theres nothing to enjoy! Its just doing the same thing over and over and over! If you think that is fun then you seriously have to try other things! This is a game. It is meant to entertain! ENTERTAIN! And that means not grinding for hours on end repeating the same thing again and again! That's why this skill is dreadful, and I really doubt that the next skill will improve it.

PS: Anybody who said this is a social skill, go look at the divination spots now.

27-Aug-2013 20:59:12

YouEyeWhy
Dec Member 2017

YouEyeWhy

I hate this skill. Really. I hate it. Everything about it. At level 1, I thought it might be alright. It was a little different. It had a couple ideas that were somewhat new to RuneScape. It integrated a quest into it. But then, after several hours of grinding, I realized that it was not changing. I realized that there are no beneficial rewards. I realized that I just didn't care about the skill. It's very slow, boring, pointless, and really adds a lot of unnecessary grinding. You used the term, Old school training with new school rewards You really should have said, Extremely slow xp rates with poor rewards

I'm going to take a break from this. Your new skill was a terrible idea.

Actually brilliant, you described exactly how I feel about bullshting jagex. It's going to be so diverse! So different! Groundbreaking! You see Jagex, this is why Game websites and media don't notice you like they do with WoW and LoL, because you don't deliver.

On another note, the graphics are laughable, they honestly look like they've been copied and pasted each time, with only slight changes. Seriously, get your sht together jagex.

27-Aug-2013 21:09:41

Collasol

Collasol

Posts: 374 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate this skill. Really. I hate it. Everything about it. At level 1, I thought it might be alright. It was a little different. It had a couple ideas that were somewhat new to RuneScape. It integrated a quest into it. But then, after several hours of grinding, I realized that it was not changing. I realized that there are no beneficial rewards. I realized that I just didn't care about the skill. It's very slow, boring, pointless, and really adds a lot of unnecessary grinding. You used the term, Old school training with new school rewards You really should have said, Extremely slow xp rates with poor rewards

Actually brilliant, you described exactly how I feel about bullshting jagex. It's going to be so diverse! So different! Groundbreaking! You see Jagex, this is why Game websites and media don't notice you like they do with WoW and LoL, because you don't deliver.

On another note, the graphics are laughable, they honestly look like they've been copied and pasted each time, with only slight changes. Seriously, get your sht together jagex.

Haters gonna hate.

27-Aug-2013 21:21:34

YouEyeWhy
Dec Member 2017

YouEyeWhy

Haters gonna hate.

Is that really the best you can come up with? "Haters gonna hate"? An 8 year old could come up with that, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were 8. Anyway, I am not a hater, as I gave valid reasons why I dislike the skill. You are the immature one for conjuring up three words. Haters gonna hate. Immature, and quite frankly, silly.

27-Aug-2013 21:38:08

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top