Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are enough mods listed just not enough active ones imo. Occasionally I see a mod an I think they are new/ not seen them for a while check profile oh not posted for a few months month to a year, but what can you do. Lurking isn't a viable excuse either.

I remember talk of some being J mod's accounts as well but can't recall official confirmation only going off peoples words who are friendly with mods in fc's etc.

02-Apr-2014 12:19:53 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2014 12:22:05 by Wilf

Treemaid

Treemaid

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
^ Such a forum troll </3

What can I say? I try hard to repress it, but every so often the inner troll must have its way. ^.-

Wilf said :
There are enough mods listed just not enough active ones imo. Occasionally I see a mod an I think they are new/ not seen them for a while check profile oh not posted for a few months month to a year, but what can you do. Lurking isn't a viable excuse either.

I remember talk of some being J mod's accounts as well but can't recall official confirmation only going off peoples words who are friendly with mods in fc's etc.

Well, I don't know if I'm 'official' enough to confirm it, but I can tell you that there are indeed Jmod choobs on the fmod list. I guess they're there in case there's some sort of forum emergency while they're at home (and hence not able to access their Jmod accounts). Also, some of those apparently inactive accounts are for Fmods who are active on the other language forums. Their posts on those forums will not show up on their profiles on the English language forums. There was a sweep of genuinely inactive Fmod accounts fairly recently actually.
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

02-Apr-2014 19:38:54

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I took the other boards into consideration, I guess my post on the previous page applies again. I'd hazard a guess the amount of alts is reasonably high then.

02-Apr-2014 19:57:49 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2014 20:37:50 by Wilf

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The alternative language Fmods don't show up on the list for this forum, at least not currently, though they may have at one point in the past (I was sure I'd seen one on the English list, a while ago, and I know they were only ever one for a different language. Could just be memory playing tricks, but as I know them quite well, I'm pretty sure that's why it jumped out at me).

I agree that some do fit into the catagory Wilf mentions, and believe those are likely either JMods (present 'choobs' or retired); there are also a couple who are probably moderating in CLF, HLF, et.cetera.

Looking at the list, I think that almost all the ones which don't fall into the suspected 'choob' catagory, are ones who I've seen posting a fair bit, in one forum or other (some do stick to a few areas).

There are a couple I'm not sure of, but maybe they are the ones moderating the subsections..

There's one who l only encountered recently, who didn't have many posts at all, at the time, and since being and FMod has posted a great deal, looking at their post count I suspect they do a lot of moderation in the other sections, also, which probably explains the ones I'm not sure of, too.

Though when looking at the numbers, I'd have thought there were many inactive ones, but considering them individually, I think they do a great job, and perhaps there do just need to be a few more of them.

(kept leaving off in the middle of typing this, so it's not very cohesive).

03-Apr-2014 01:14:43

Finance
Apr Member 2012

Finance

Posts: 56,428 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :
The alternative language Fmods don't show up on the list for this forum, at least not currently,

I believe some of them do. A few FMods are bilingual and moderate both English and foreign language forums.

FMods do not moderate HLF, CLF or other hidden forums. Moderation in those areas is carried out by Jagex staff.

I agree that a few more FMods would be good, but they really need to be from the Asia/Pacific region. Forum coverage from midnight until 8am GMT tends to be hit-or-miss. I would also love to see nightshift and weekend staff support for the forums.
Community Helper

Need account help, technical support, or payment help? Visit the
Support Centre

03-Apr-2014 01:27:51

Motley Crue
Aug Member 2022

Motley Crue

Posts: 17,629 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wanted to kinda leave a little rant here. I think it's somewhat strange they would include mobile forums access as a poll question in this weeks new poll. Obviously it's not going to pass because the forum community are the only ones who would really support that, and we are the vast minority. Shouldn't have been polled in my opinion, the RS Companion App team should just have it on their to-do list.
Mötley Crüe

04-Apr-2014 11:58:26

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top