Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Anarya

Anarya

Posts: 785 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aponi said :
You guys should filter language in some of the forums again, especially the general forum because things are getting out of hand.
Agreed.

When fmods have to keep saying "I know the forum filter has been removed, [insert player name here], but that kind of language is not allowed, so I have hidden your post", it sends a mixed message.

If you want people to curse, then don't have a filter. Simple as that.

If you don't want people to curse, then use a filter. It cuts down on the busy work the fmods have to do. It also avoids the confusing situation where cursing is seemingly allowed because it isn't filtered, but still gets you in trouble.

Yes the old filter was annoying. I'm glad I can finally talk about Vannaka without those annoying stars, but this forum needs some sort of filter. Hopefully one that's smarter than the one we used to have.

03-Aug-2016 13:58:32 - Last edited on 03-Aug-2016 13:59:57 by Anarya

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
funnily enough i dont actually see a lot of curse words on rants lololo the irony

to be fair i also have a lot of responsibility and i dont see every post.

but could it be? ranters are acting better than other subsections???? oh right we have like 6 people now.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

03-Aug-2016 17:01:06 - Last edited on 03-Aug-2016 17:02:33 by Averia Light

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A quick question, if anyone knows..
once you've opened someone's image on the forums, is there any way of closing it again? I'm finding some already a little annoying when I scroll up and down a page.
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

06-Aug-2016 22:31:46

Erehk

Erehk

Posts: 15,453 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Treemaid said :
A quick question, if anyone knows..
once you've opened someone's image on the forums, is there any way of closing it again? I'm finding some already a little annoying when I scroll up and down a page.

They can't be toggled back the same way they're toggled into view, but refreshing the page resets the images on that page back to the 'select to reveal' boxes.
@RS_Erehk

06-Aug-2016 23:40:20 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2016 23:41:29 by Erehk

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to refresh the page in order to view the images anyway :( Every time I open a new thread or go to a new page, sometimes even after viewing 2 images on a page :P

Something to do with Linkify's image URL preview function interfering with the embedded imgur images...

(Psst
Erehk
any update on that? Since I have no HLF access)
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

07-Aug-2016 06:56:44

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top