Forums

Frequency of FMR responses

Quick find code: 278-279-280-66163103

gozzzz

gozzzz

Posts: 473 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had been looking forward to a bit of care being given to FMR. I've noticed that those who are looking after it clearly have been accessing the forum. Could we get an estimate of how often the thread will be looked at?

I had thought of course there would be delay in attending to it, but that was because I thought access to the forum was limited. But clearly those attending to the FMR are able to access the forum, but are just making the choice not to attend to FMR. Is there some schedule that we are not aware of? Could we be made aware of how often this will be looked at?

30-May-2020 17:02:05

The contents of this message have been hidden.

30-May-2020 21:12:22

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex staff are working from home, and everyone knows how difficult it is for staff to access their staff accounts from outside of the office. I'm sure only the most essential staff have been given company laptops to take home, and use to access the portal. While FMR responses would be nice, I don't think it's top of the priority when it comes to what's currently happening in the world.

Also Only 9 Lives - I don't think you should be referring to the virus like that. No one 100% knows whether it came from there or not. It could've been brought in by a tourist from another country, and only just widely spread there due to environmental issues, no one knows exactly yet. Accusations shouldn't be made when there's no solid facts. Anyway, this is making the thread off topic, so no more from me about that. ;)
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

30-May-2020 22:00:09

CM Arbor

CM Arbor

Local Moderator Posts: 1,945 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Only 9 Lives,

While we appreciate you providing your input on the forums, your post has been removed as it is offensive, bordering on racist. Should you wish to talk about the virus behind the global pandemic, please use more appropriate terms, such as "COVID-19" or "coronavirus." Thank you.

30-May-2020 22:24:26

gozzzz

gozzzz

Posts: 473 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
Jagex staff are working from home, and everyone knows how difficult it is for staff to access their staff accounts from outside of the office. I'm sure only the most essential staff have been given company laptops to take home, and use to access the portal. While FMR responses would be nice, I don't think it's top of the priority when it comes to what's currently happening in the world.

Also Only 9 Lives - I don't think you should be referring to the virus like that. No one 100% knows whether it came from there or not. It could've been brought in by a tourist from another country, and only just widely spread there due to environmental issues, no one knows exactly yet. Accusations shouldn't be made when there's no solid facts. Anyway, this is making the thread off topic, so no more from me about that. ;)
I'd agree with you, however, I've seen those that would attend to the FMR continue to post elsewhere on the forum. So it clearly and undeniably isn't an issue of not being able to access the forum.

31-May-2020 04:33:43

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Posts: 8,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't see why the LMods cant just remake that thread and autohide posts so that only they and JMods can see em. Just do some small code tweaks. They're on these forums a tonne of time and yet they don't do that thread?

Man.

31-May-2020 18:43:47

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
reminds me I posted there a while back...

hardly worth waiting for as I've heard it all before multiple times so in my case a quicker response wouldn't have made much difference other than indicating a slight thought for the forums

31-May-2020 20:27:24

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aeroxmaster said :
I don't see why the LMods cant just remake that thread and autohide posts so that only they and JMods can see em. Just do some small code tweaks. They're on these forums a tonne of time and yet they don't do that thread?

Man.

The forums currently don't have a way for us LMods to do something like this, as the autohidden posts can only be seen by JMods.

The closest alternative would be a Forum Help style thread where we manually hide posts, and there has been a resounding "I don't like that idea" to that, as it limits the incredibly important anonymity factor.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

31-May-2020 20:41:47

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

CM Nick said :
Aeroxmaster said :

Man.

The forums currently don't have a way for us LMods to do something like this, as the autohidden posts can only be seen by JMods.

The closest alternative would be a Forum Help style thread where we manually hide posts, and there has been a resounding "I don't like that idea" to that, as it limits the incredibly important anonymity factor.

When was this "poll" conducted?

I think it may be better to just do what you've suggested now. What people can do is quote FMod responses and in the meantime, FMods are not allowed to edit any posts that have been made for moderation reasons.

We need to weigh up this anonymity factor against the length of time taken to review that thread. My belief is that a reasonable person would waive that anonymity factor temporarily for the time being whilst the "correct tools" are still in development.

On a separate note, this comment I'm going to make isn't directly at you, but I feel it must be stated: I believe there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the length of time it's taken Jagex to create these tools or JMod accounts or whatever it is needed for the LMods. There is zero excuse, as this has been going on for years now.

Time to put the foot down:

1.) FMods may no longer edit the contents of their moderation messages
2.) FMR is recreated for the time being for LMods to review.

I'm sure there will be some people who will take issue with LMod decisions. They will either need to be made final for the time being, subject to internal JMod review and audit sampling processes, or people can find other means of addressing that if they feel so strongly about it.

01-Jun-2020 00:46:51

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Other means would have to be either emailing the community team or writing a formal complaint to Jagex's offices, but obviously use common sense when revealing these kinds of details. No point referring people down this pathway if it's unlikely that there's any reasonable chance of success. And also, most people should know how to do things like that anyway by simply reading the Terms and Conditions of this site and using common life skills sense, knowing that additional reviews are only for serious matters (like formal complaints).

01-Jun-2020 00:49:05

Quick find code: 278-279-280-66163103 Back to Top