Forums

Frequency of FMR responses

Quick find code: 278-279-280-66163103

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I disagree with what you write there Stoat King, the Lmods do a fantastic job and they are very much a part of the forums/community. It's a shame 'individually' they don't stick around for long. It's also sad that they are unable to do the job they were brought in to do. I feel Jagex has kept them on board because they do a good job and because the community respect them, enjoy them being around.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

05-Jun-2020 16:21:47

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do admit, that the entire responsibility falls on Jagex, as a company and their direct staff.

The Jmod uniform for contractors was the plan, from the very start.

The use of the purple uniform is supposed to be temporary, but for some reason we don't know about - they are stuck with that purple uniform for a long time now. The Jmod who broke the news that they will be given golden uniforms "in a few weeks" have not even apologized, if he did - I never saw such apology. Please correct me if there was a public apology made.

The powers of an Lmod account is their modding actions have higher precedence over an fmod, but the tools are possibly entirely the same. That is the reason why they have no way to view a thread with auto-hidden posts.

We cannot in any way blame the contractors, they have jobs to do as they are expected of them - using the tools they were delegated with.

05-Jun-2020 16:26:58

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :

Can you imagine the meeting where this was proposed?
"Lets add meaningless layers of support and have each one carefully oversee every action of the layer beneath. But lets make sure none of those layers add any value.
And lets pay for the privilege too."
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Take it from me, I would love to be a hornet inside the meeting room. I fantasize any possibility to sting the one who is responsible for the "delayed" jmod uniform distribution to the contractors :P

Many moderating concerns in this board, raised by both day-to-day formers and even the fmod team, us ourselves can simply vanish if Lmods receive their golden uniforms. They can do more than what can be possible with just a purple suit.

05-Jun-2020 16:49:55

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Forum Moderation Review is there to review situations in moderation in The RSOF to create "mutual understanding" where both parties, players/moderators, involved obviously have a different mindset about what is going on and can't find a point of view to solve these issues.

In that Jagex/JMods can be of great assistance being 'neutral/impartial' and with great care delivering a 'well-thought/well-discussed' solution.

Time is not the essence, of how fast those solutions are being delivered.
Also, FMR isn't an extra "power-tool" in moderation to kick people off the board.

What I do know that there's a lot of off-topic banter discussed here by several people. ;)

06-Jun-2020 09:28:46

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maynne said :

Many moderating concerns in this board, raised by both day-to-day formers and even the fmod team, us ourselves can simply vanish if Lmods receive their golden uniforms. They can do more than what can be possible with just a purple suit.

Never going to happen. You know it as well as I do.
And whilst I may sound bitter, the Lmods have served one useful purpose:
I'm now 100% behind the Fmods lol. Funny old world!

06-Jun-2020 15:31:07

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
I disagree with what you write there Stoat King, the Lmods do a fantastic job and they are very much a part of the forums/community. It's a shame 'individually' they don't stick around for long. It's also sad that they are unable to do the job they were brought in to do. I feel Jagex has kept them on board because they do a good job and because the community respect them, enjoy them being around.
You dont speak for the community.

06-Jun-2020 15:35:32 - Last edited on 06-Jun-2020 15:36:17 by Stoat King

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :
Dong U Dead said :

Neither do you and I have never heard anyone speak ill of Lmods. This is the very first time, the very first thread were I have seen negative words towards them.

I am sure if Lmods were thought of poorly we would have had plenty of threads on the matter of why are they here and bla, bla bla. Yes we have had threads for Lmods taking over Moderation Review and even then I can't recall one negative word towards them.

Jagex has kept Lmods around even though they can't do what they need them to do take over Moderation Review and in my eyes that means they are doing a great job and are respected by the community and Jagex.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Jun-2020 16:07:13

Maynne

Maynne

Stoat King said :
Dong U Dead said :

I think it is every forumer for herself/himself when it comes to their specific opinions about the effectiveness of the Lmod program. No one can really speak for the rest of the RSOF community.

06-Jun-2020 16:10:52

The contents of this message have been hidden.

02-Sep-2020 21:13:57

The contents of this message have been hidden.

02-Sep-2020 21:23:50

Quick find code: 278-279-280-66163103 Back to Top