Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
These forums seem about 1/4 as active as they use to be in 2014/15 (and I won't even go on about 2013 or 2010-12 if we're talking about LLF), so the point I'm getting at is @Indy, I can't imagine some of the stats Linkify had during those years :p

I would imagine it'd be considerably more "hits" than your Linkify gets now, and especially if you account for the increase in Linkify users (as if you would account for inflation when talking about the cost of something from the past).

Anyways, this was just something I was thinking of while reading the stats you posted :)

RS Linkify is only 3 years old (in about 6 weeks turns 3)

So I simply don't have data beyond that. Also I have big holes in my data as I haven't always collected it.

Most of what interests me is Linkify specific stuff, like what features are used or not used. I use it to help determine where I focus.

Once thing I do know is my user numbers have stabilised during this last year. For every user that drops off the forums a new user replaces them. There is a slight increase in numbers over time but that's to expected as more people get access to this thread.

However what defines a Linkify user is someone who is active at least once a week. So I actually don't know exact numbers. If you forum 3 times a month there is a good chance you don't always make the active user list. That's just how google's app store works. It doesn't even show me how many dowloads, just active users.

It is safe to assume my users are a quantifiable proportion of all RSOF visitors, however I'd say that's a small proportion. Generally the busier the forums, the more active user RS Linkify gets.

Also what the forums tell us about active users online is very different to what RS Linkify considers active. So that also makes it hard to draw conclusions.

So yes overall the busier the forums, the more data I have. But busy doesn't really tell me much more.

29-Mar-2016 06:20:50

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not that it matters but it would be neat to compare your Linkify results with Jagex RSOF results, to see the difference of habits between users. :p

Quick, someone tweet Mod Allstar or whatever his name is.
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

29-Mar-2016 07:15:25

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I don't even know if they have access to that info. I can tell by some J-Mod posts they don't know behaviours of forums users.

For example Mod Allstar stated the the refresh and return to forum buttons are obsolete, those are the most used features of RS Linkify. If they looked at their analytics they'd know how much those buttons were used. I really don't think they have access to the info. Analytics shows how people traverse through the forums, It really looks as though that info hasn't been put to use on RSOF.

If they did show us, it would raise so many legit questions and it would be a nightmare for them.

I'd love it to happen, but I don't think it will ever happen.

29-Mar-2016 07:25:15 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2016 03:03:24 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indsy Wincy,

Hope you're well.

Ok, small thing:
Go to Linkify Settings -> Blacklist
You'll find this text:
"Note: Black List applies to plain text links only. Embedded QFCs and links used with BB tags that point within the RuneScape domain are not effected by the black list.
However RS Linkify does employ it's own mandatory link filtering on what I deem to be suspect links, official or otherwise."

Here are some potential minor corrections:
effected -> affected
it's -> its
suspect -> suspicious

*steals hot choccy and flees*

30-Mar-2016 02:31:44 - Last edited on 30-Mar-2016 02:33:23 by Morgan

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy,

my laptop is kinda out of comission so I can't check if the feature I'm talking about is actually in use right now (last time i checked it wasn't). but i remmeber way back in the day we could have god factions under our names, so I was wondering if there was anyway to have an hcim/im symbol on there or something? or have it when people have the titles "hcim/im" that it auto shows or something?

just a small idea I thought would be nice for me :P
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

30-Mar-2016 20:10:44

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

The god badges haven't been a thing since the forum re-skin. I never got around to re-doing them for the new forum. I wasn't entirely happy how they worked so that's a big part of why I haven't done anything with them.

I'll need to put some thought into it. Features need to be for everyone, especially custom things. To say no you get less custom options because you're not an ironman isn't the way I do things.

It's hard if I start something like this, because I need to cater to everyone and then it never stops. Insane final boss, the Defeater, the Billionaire, and so on.

A title to image option, where the badge is the image is a really nice idea. In a number of ways I think it has so much potential. But that's a lot of work to cover everyone and will require constant upkeep.

I'd love to say yes I'll do it. But tbh I feel it'll be a never ending headache for me. My initial feelings are I don't want to go there. I can't honestly see it happening, but I can promise I'll be tossing the idea around in my head. However I'm doubtful anything will come of it.

I hope you understand why I'm reluctant to do this.

30-Mar-2016 23:38:49 - Last edited on 30-Mar-2016 23:39:23 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Glad you understand, Weyburns :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Rowley, if you're reading this...

Something you pointed out a while ago and I keep forgetting to mention that I fixed it.

Hope you didn't think I had forgotten about it.

I noticed in the page's HTML that there is no priority given to what should be the top most elements when they overlap. So Linkify now takes care of that. Sorry I kept forgetting to mention I'd done something about it.

http://i.imgur.com/pyzY3RP.png

31-Mar-2016 13:59:41

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top