Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for the clear and detailed explanation, Indsy. I've always wondered too. And thanks for looking after the safety of your users, especially considering it's something of your own initiative ­<3

Something caught my attention though:
Indecent Act said :
A link to automatically submit a post for you (yes it can be done)

Really? Is this caused by these forums' awful architecture and/or is this something the AMAZING web team can fix?

30-Aug-2016 02:39:05 - Last edited on 30-Aug-2016 02:39:48 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm mostly concerned with false positives. If RS Linkify is not enhancing your forum experience and is actually impeding it, then I want to know :)

Same goes if something is not linkifed that should be.

In those cases I'm keen to make changes providing it doesn't weaken my existing safety features. There are things I have simply not accommodated because of that.

But yes, there is no harm in reporting things like that and it can only help me, not annoy me :)

It gets a little messy, for example...

naughty link
^ that is a legit RS domain url. But you really don't want that to be clickable as it will log you out. Looks like a false positive but it is not.

This is actually why I wont make a link tag ( it was asked for a number of times ). I believe one of the best safety features is keeping the URL exposed.

Anyway, feel free to post links you think need attention or you are simply just curious about. If its questionable, that's good enough reason to report it, as I'm sure there will improvements that will come out of that.

Just don't feel obligated to do so, else that will annoy me :)

Lovely coffee, thank you for that ­<3

30-Aug-2016 03:11:45

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Morgan said :
Really? Is this caused by these forums' awful architecture and/or is this something the AMAZING web team can fix?

Tbh I haven't tried recently and it is really problematic thing to test. But it is the nature of POST and GET requests, not the forums. Meaning what's submitted when posting can also be put in the addressbar and it will work too. The theory is, if it can go in the in addressbar then it is a URL, thus can be the hypertext reference ( href ) for a link.

Remember the hack (before reskin) that made you post "Lol" when you quoted someone. Basically that can or could be done via a link too.

30-Aug-2016 03:23:26 - Last edited on 30-Aug-2016 03:31:16 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi I'm back with another lazy first world problem...

Any chance we could have a "go to bottom" button for our profiles? It takes me around 3 years to change my signature - hopefully I've managed to scroll to the bottom before the next olympics.

God knows why the signature settings were put right at the bottom of your profile anyway, but oh well.

Here's some coffee I drew myself shamelessly stole from Imgur:

http://i.imgur.com/tn5G5kt.png

e: Never mind I just realised I can just hold left click at the bottom of the scroll bar and it scrolls down super fast

You learn something every day.... I'll let you keep the artistic coffee :P
Unslain Bosses - Clan

04-Sep-2016 20:47:01 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2016 22:18:34 by Hevilmystic

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Previews would be lovely, I tend to just keep another tab open and refresh to see the change tbh :|

e: Hiya (again)...

The click box for the adventurers log seems to be really, really wide for no reason:

http://i.imgur.com/sLEJ6Pb.png

Any chance you could work some magic? It doesn't appear to be a Linkify thing as it is the same in Incognito.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

05-Sep-2016 21:08:43 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2016 22:10:31 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
Any chance you could work some magic? It doesn't appear to be a Linkify thing as it is the same in Incognito.

Done :)

Click area for avatars has been shrunk down. Best I can I do with the circle in a square hole thing. I think it's an improvement though.

Latest version is 3.1.9.75 :)

And some more artistic coffee...
http://i.imgur.com/TTdZVSL.jpg

06-Sep-2016 04:16:57

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top