Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
H alo said :
Indy, since you're caffeine powered, is it possible to have 'crack powered!' or a 'cocaine powered'?

Technically caffeine is walking a fine line in regard to the CoC. I feel there are some substances that might be crossing that line.

I could argue that there should be no distinction between them. However that's not really what's in question here.

I feel I have an obligation to consider what Jagex would deem as acceptable, even though I could also agree against that, with RS Linkify being 3rd party software and not affiliated with Jagex. But that's my choice and at the end of the day I pick and choose (hopefully impartially) what's allowed.

I don't believe my caffeine reference would offend Jagex or be of concern to them, however I do feel going much beyond that would not be cool.

Would I give out the title Cocaine Powered or Crack Powered , no, I definitely don't feel comfortable with that. Would I give the title Coke Powered , yes, and even though that can be interpreted in more than one way, it's not straying far enough from that 'fine line' to make me feel uncomfortable.

I have no issue with substance abuse, nor do I pass judgement. Tbh I'm not good with censorship, that's partly why I use Jagex as my yardstick.

Oh this could easily become a moral/ethical/censorship/dictatorship/freedom of speech discussion, I don't mind if it becomes that. As long as the topic in some way pertains to RSOF.

04-Sep-2014 19:09:11

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top