Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
R obin said :
I see that the background of these posts are different from the usual RS forums, will it ever be possible to customize this into a personal background for all threads, using Linkify?

I'd really like to do something like that. My thoughts have been extending the capability of background post colours to accommodate images.

Here's a working example. It's something I put together some time ago to show what I'm intending to do.

See the advanced options at the bottom of the page.
http://www.indecentcode.com/test/cposts/options/custom_posts.html

24-Oct-2015 12:21:16

R obin
Dec Member 2021

R obin

Posts: 5,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
R obin said :
I see that the background of these posts are different from the usual RS forums, will it ever be possible to customize this into a personal background for all threads, using Linkify?

I'd really like to do something like that. My thoughts have been extending the capability of background post colours to accommodate images.

Here's a working example. It's something I put together some time ago to show what I'm intending to do.

See the advanced options at the bottom of the page.
http://www.indecentcode.com/test/cposts/options/custom_posts.html

Yes, exactly like how I imagined it! Would be really cool, as the blue/black colours of the forum are rather dull, in my opinion.

24-Oct-2015 13:07:43 - Last edited on 24-Oct-2015 13:08:00 by R obin

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Too bad some people didn't appreciate your little surprise :P

It's all good Amaethwr :)

I forget not everyone has seen my Linkify antics (been doing silly stuff without warning for a long time now) and I guess it comes as an unwelcome surprise to some. Though it's nice to see both old and new users get a kick out of it, and there seems to be some really cool attitudes towards this.

While I don't mean to cause anyone any grief I'm not too worried as my intentions and actions are clear, nothing evil is going on.

My sense of humour (and although sparse, my spontaneity) come with Linkify. It can even been seen in my comments in Linkify's source code. It's a part of the package, and this is what makes it fun. I need it to be fun, all work and no play is not my way.

If some people are dissatisfied or are just not into it and remove Linkify, all I can say is good and thank you for not staying. I'm not interested in people with a zero tolerance attitude, never have been, never will be. Yes I'm sorry they feel that way, but I'm sorry for them not me.

This has been very experimental and a totally new thing I'm doing. I've been nervous/anxious and I have put all my spare time into this for the last 2 months. Tbh I haven't much spare time but it's been huge for me. I've bought HTTPS for my server and created a new sub-domain just for linkify, mostly because of the IQ9 updates I'm doing atm.

I have kept Jagex in the loop and the staff have been amazing. Even though they cant endorse it, I want IQ9 to reflect well on them too.

I don't want to make out it's a huge thing, because it's not. I'm very limited as to what I can do with javascript on pages I have no control over. But it is a big deal for me, because I don't know what to expect. For every surprise you people get, I get 10 times that!

I've built it up, I have people asking what's IQ9??? Mission accomplished! :)

24-Oct-2015 16:34:03

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haha :P yea I'm really curious, looking forward to what you've got in store, no matter how big or small it may be

Its nice that some of the staff have been amazing too, and makes it all the more intriguing :) Hope everything goes as planned

­<3
Selective Completionist

24-Oct-2015 19:19:59

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trying to tell ppl to not turn off their linkify.. they just need to update it or try turning it back on to see if it's fix'd.

HTTP://gyazo.com/92d29b6c6fad3f6fc2727ff10785938d.png
HTTP://gyazo.com/83dc7a3ae5ba86ba96223e9124b2f882.png
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

24-Oct-2015 20:12:49

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why even use the forums if one irregularity gets you throwing a fit. Not even a bad irregularity, a Halloween themed surprise.
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

24-Oct-2015 20:30:56

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it didn't even load right for me

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes