Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Bodyy :)

I'm not sure what that pic is saying. Kind of need some context :)

I'm hoping it's about the fact the default spoiler tag sucks and has issues and Linkify users get a non buggy spoiler tag.

Thanks for the cuppa ­<3

Morgan said :
Hey Indsy,
I reinstalled Windows on my laptop today and with that Chrome, and with that Linkify, I was wondering where the Export/Import feature went :( Did you remove it?
Hiya Morgypie :)

It wasn't actually removed as such. RS Linkify was re-written because of the forum re-skin, it's one of those things that just hasn't made it back in yet.

But I will add the import and export settings again. The only thing is settings exported prior to the re-skin wont work. So any old exported settings are useless now :/

07-May-2016 06:50:18

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I'm not sure what that pic is saying. Kind of need some context
woops, Indecent Act said :
I'm hoping it's about the fact the default spoiler tag sucks and has issues and Linkify users get a non buggy spoiler tag.
Yes! :) That was us discovering default spoiler tags don't allow users to click links of any kind (even RSOF links). Indecent Act said :
Thanks for the cuppa ­<3
yw! :D
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

07-May-2016 11:20:52

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ahh, I thought (hoped) that was what it was about :)

I recently made some changes to text spoilers when I saw a tweet embedded in one. It was impossible to interact with the tweet.

Tbh, for so many reasons those text spoilers are pure evil. They also jitter when you mouse over them (unless you use linkify) but the fact they make content non-interactable is a pain. The other thing is they should reduce space.

For example my image spoilers are not the same size as the image. Text spoilers should work the same way. It really helps to keep things tidy and allows your posts to be expandable when the reader wants more details. I have never seen a spoiler elsewhere like the RSOF one, and for that I'm glad.

07-May-2016 15:40:45 - Last edited on 07-May-2016 15:41:14 by Indecent Act

Hugopluks13

Hugopluks13

Posts: 9,931 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
There is one thing I'll ask (if its not too much trouble). I'm curious to see if there are any errors thrown in the browser. So I'm wondering next time this happens could take a screenie of the console please?
It just happened again. Guessing this isn't it?
http://puu.sh/oJNr4.png
You will never get anything for free. Anyone claiming that is trying to scam, lure or hijack you.
Twitter: @Hugopluks13 || Currently playing on: Rhydon || Dutch

07-May-2016 22:08:05

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hugopluks13 said :
Indecent Act said :
There is one thing I'll ask (if its not too much trouble). I'm curious to see if there are any errors thrown in the browser. So I'm wondering next time this happens could take a screenie of the console please?
It just happened again. Guessing this isn't it?
http://puu.sh/oJNr4.png

Awesome thanks for that.

I'm glad to say that's not a linkify error. Looks as though RS Linkify isn't the only thing making changes to forums pages. Linkify can't do anything about other scripts. I still can't be sure that's the cause. Though I can't discount it either as there are no errors related to RS Linkify in the console.

So far this still seems to be an isolated case as no one else has reported a similar issue. That's another thing I have to keep in mind when trouble shooting.

If I had to guess, I'd say linkify is initialising but being blocked from loading any scripts. The fact it's intermittent I still find puzzling. I can't be sure and I'm going to keep looking into it but do be aware linkify isn't the only thing making changes to these pages on your system.

08-May-2016 03:20:36 - Last edited on 08-May-2016 03:31:19 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top