Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I'm loving the mini avatars! I can't wait for the next update!

Next update will be mostly under the hood stuff, not that exciting tbh.

I'm actually working on completely getting rid of the qfc for custom avatars. The avatar code will be a five digit number and it will be 100% invisible. It won't show in posts and it wont show in textarea like signatures do. But it will reduce your character limit by 6 characters. That's heaps less than the current bulky qfc.

I have a working version of it atm, but I'm reluctant to go ahead with it because I'm worried it will break after forum maintenance.

If all goes well, the next couple of updates will be getting things ready for the new avatar code system. Hardly exciting but I think it'll be a big improvement over the current system. I've edited some of my posts on this thread with the new code, now I'm just waiting for forum maintenance to see if it breaks.

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

30-Sep-2013 13:53:28

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also what about...
Infinite scrolling? You'll never have to worry about the Post 10 monster eating your posts!
Users will be able to scroll and scroll and that will trigger the next page to load. I personally hate it when Post 10 gets buried by the next page :(

30-Sep-2013 14:10:41

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Also what about...
Infinite scrolling? You'll never have to worry about the Post 10 monster eating your posts!
Users will be able to scroll and scroll and that will trigger the next page to load. I personally hate it when Post 10 gets buried by the next page :(

Or a 'show more' button, whatever works out best

­
<
Blasty
the Blue
>

Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

30-Sep-2013 14:24:17

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I imagine auto-loading could get a little annoying if you scroll slightly too far down, by accident or something, and it starts loading the following page straight away.

Unless you mean the posts would auto-load on the same page? Or possibly just having the option to change posts per page, would be nice.

~Ama

Selective Completionist

30-Sep-2013 14:49:48

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top