Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,915 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really understand code all too well--just some minor things here and there, so I am not too sure how exhaustive that would be.

I've seen what the code for the forums looks like, and it does look like it'd be a bit much. O.O

But, do what you think is ideal :O

26-Mar-2015 02:58:05

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Placement of names should remain below avatar so that all avatars will begin at the start of the post since not everyone has a title. Depending on if you're keeping the ovals as they are, I'd think it best to leave them at -19px. If you're changing them to a smaller icon, then 5px may be fine depending on how far it pushes down other content.

Remembering that the heights are:
• 122px - .forum-post__body w/20 pad (162px) and time-below (+27 for 201px)
• 164px - .post-avatar w/o title and w/date
• 181px - .post-avatar w/title and w/date
• 201px - .forum-post

So unless the icons are removed or made very little, there will be added whitespace on posts that don't have enough lines to go past the 122px minimum height and those without signatures. Moving down the membership-date, for myself, makes the area seem really bloated on the left of the post especially those with titles.

HTTP://i.imgur.com/BHZhYKK.png

26-Mar-2015 03:03:58

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good points Ryan M,

The white space issues can be taken care of, but the bloat is the real issue.

This was the best I could come up with. Did this in the console and used the old badge (they are still there) to give me room for clan name.

Edit: forgot to post link :/

http://puu.sh/gPTMQ.jpg

The font size for player name is reduced slightly because not all names fit and become broken/multi lne.

26-Mar-2015 03:22:53 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 05:50:52 by Indecent Act

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The smallest the names would have to be is 16px, although I doubt I'd see a player whose name is long enough to warrant it (
MMMM
MMMM
MMMM
). Going with that solution though means that you're going to need to make/alter the J/L/FMod icons to fit in.

I don't know if I dislike have the icon be in a circle or it overlapping the figure. This might change, but I have something else I might want to begin looking at (timestamps - or I could get used to them below posts... or maybe not).

26-Mar-2015 04:03:15

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's a can worms tbh, I generally haven't been a fan of reverting things that I haven't written. And no simple option will cover everyone's taste.

I'm just not sure what to about clan names, I really need a tidy way to fit them in. Might end up being text that shows on hover.

26-Mar-2015 04:11:51 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 05:50:35 by Indecent Act

Swordlords
May Member 2011

Swordlords

Posts: 1,626 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I havent seen any avatars up yet :o

Btw indy, whats gonna happen to all the avatars from before, in the avatar gallery.

I think i lost my charmander, eevee and pikachu from my files
,«°ˆ;
, *``;

‘.¸¸¸.
¤¸•
Swordlords

…..….….
‘.¸¸.*

26-Mar-2015 04:45:50 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 04:47:10 by Swordlords

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top