Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

J3
Jun Member 2017

J3

Posts: 3,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm, Linkify seems to be lying to me! It's telling me my options are saved but my avatar code seems to disappear after I return to options :(
@J3sven

25-Mar-2015 19:37:38 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2015 19:38:34 by J3

Hugopluks13

Hugopluks13

Posts: 9,931 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great work so far Indy, really appreciate it :)

Got the same problem with Avatars. Settings for them don't save, but manually adding the avatar code to the end of the post works again.
You will never get anything for free. Anyone claiming that is trying to scam, lure or hijack you.
Twitter: @Hugopluks13 || Currently playing on: Rhydon || Dutch

25-Mar-2015 20:32:09 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 07:49:24 by Hugopluks13

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting. That double title still occurs but it seems you have it remove the duplicate after a second or two. Unfortunately the avatar codes do not save so it'll have to be done manually. It's awesome they work again though!

Edit:JMod crown icons are acting odd.

25-Mar-2015 22:04:17 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2015 22:46:43 by Ryan M

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Oh if anyone wants their avatar edited, just post the code and I'll get onto it sometime tomorrow
Might have a go myself, see if I can get a nice glow around the edge or something.. they still have to be 100x100? Or can be slightly larger? Not sure on circle dimensions

Thanks though! :)
Selective Completionist

25-Mar-2015 22:07:49 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2015 22:09:03 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh damn, sorry about that code not saving.

Version 3.1.7.62 is ready and will remember your code.

Ryan M said :
Interesting. That double title still occurs but it seems you have it remove the duplicate after a second or two. Unfortunately the avatar codes do not save so it'll have to be done manually. It's awesome they work again though!

Edit:JMod crown icons are acting odd.

That title thing is a temporary measure. I hope to do what I did before and get titles, clan names online status all together and handle them myself. Might start on that next just so it's done and tidied up.

And I just noticed the jmod badge too, they are the only ones that are pseudo elements. Can't do much with them since they are in the shadow dom. I had overflow hidden for all avatars to tidy them up. But I have now stopped that for jmods.

Amaethwr said :
Indecent Act said :
Oh if anyone wants their avatar edited, just post the code and I'll get onto it sometime tomorrow
Might have a go myself, see if I can get a nice glow around the edge or something.. they still have to be 100x100? Or can be slightly larger? Not sure on circle dimensions

Thanks though! :)

Stick with 100x100.

I might make them 110 x 110, but that's to make opaque backgrounds cover the circle. If I do go with 110x110 I'd still prefer 100x100, so I can have some room for adjustments.

Okay question time, What's the general consensus on forum badge position. Do most people like it, not like it, don't care?

I actually prefer them with no background disk. I was almost going to stick my avatar in the badge just because it's so big. But I'm happier without it.

They are easy enough to move (maybe not jmods) so I'd like to know what do people think?

26-Mar-2015 02:00:07 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 04:25:56 by Indecent Act

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,915 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, I like the forum badges away from the avatar. It slightly obstructs the avatar. Maybe something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/nF6rQyg.png

Excuse the piss-poor copy-paste skills. ;o

However... if it's like that, I think it's a bit too much for the eye. Like, there's too much going on at the bottom.

I'd also think it'd be nifty to move the name back up top, so that it'd be:

http://i.imgur.com/A5mC1Bo.png

There could also be the option of no membership badge/text, but I am not too sure if that'd be plausible.

26-Mar-2015 02:30:56

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top