Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lust said :
I noticed some avatars are back up, yey :)

Had a few teething problems with them but I think I got it sorted now.

The latest version of Linkify is V 3.1.7.62 and it should be doing all the right things with avatars :)
Swordlords said :
I havent seen any avatars up yet :o

Btw indy, whats gonna happen to all the avatars from before, in the avatar gallery.

I think i lost my charmander, eevee and pikachu from my files

All the avatars are still in the gallery so you should be able to find them. None have been removed. But they may need editing to fit into the circle, so just post the code and I'll edit if needed.

Thanks to Rowley you can search them by name. Open avatar gallery in setting page, press Ctrl + F, and type what ever display name you had when the avatar was submitted. Or you can just scroll through them all.

Edit: I found 3.

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10638.png

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10639.png

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10640.png

26-Mar-2015 05:06:25 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 05:13:20 by Indecent Act

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,915 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy, I have a few questions! :o

Is it supposed to take a second or two for the avatars to appear in the little bubble? Sometimes, it pops into frame, other times it's there.

Also, I now see 3 custom avatars on my screen (top left, my profile, and posting avatar), and, occasionally, they will revert back to the original avatar.

And, is this supposed to happen?

http://i.imgur.com/wuneXc5.png

'Cos, I wonder if it happens with JMod avatars.

26-Mar-2015 05:18:18

Swordlords
May Member 2011

Swordlords

Posts: 1,626 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You're awesome indy,

thanks!

E: I miss the refresh button and the back to forums button :c

Edit again:just out of curious, you'll be making the time to local time again when you get the time right?
,«°ˆ;
, *``;

‘.¸¸¸.
¤¸•
Swordlords

…..….….
‘.¸¸.*

26-Mar-2015 05:21:41 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 05:29:23 by Swordlords

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Lust said :
I totally forgot how to update Linkify without removing/adding it :s
Looking through the pages since I remember you posting how to as well lol

This is how :)

http://puu.sh/2To9U.png

@Froud, Not seeing that with fmods with the most recent version, but I'll check a few things and make sure. I may have missed something.
Edit: I am seeing it now, not happening in locked threads but it is unlocked threads. I'll have a fix for that soon :)

As a rule custom avatars load faster than default ones because of how they are cached.

If they are reverting back to the original that could mean Linkify has changed them and the defaults being slower to load are writing over the top after linkify has finished. I'll do something to prevent that this afternoon.

Swordlords said :
You're awesome indy,

thanks!

E: I miss the refresh button and the back to forums button :c

They will be returning :)

I miss them too!

26-Mar-2015 05:36:45 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 05:46:42 by Indecent Act

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was trying to come up with some clever way to give you some coffee and also say you should log into RS more often, but I couldn't.. So I'll just leave you a cuppa and say Gielinor could stand to see more of you!

As always, thanks for the work you're putting into Linkify, as well!
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

26-Mar-2015 05:53:00

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
@Froud, Not seeing that with fmods with the most recent version, but I'll check a few things and make sure. I may have missed something.
Edit: I am seeing it now, not happening in locked threads but it is unlocked threads. I'll have a fix for that soon :)

Indy, see this thread . It affects FMods who are not members.
I can't read lol

26-Mar-2015 06:12:14 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 06:17:44 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Keighlea said :
I was trying to come up with some clever way to give you some coffee and also say you should log into RS more often, but I couldn't.. So I'll just leave you a cuppa and say Gielinor could stand to see more of you!

As always, thanks for the work you're putting into Linkify, as well!

Aww ty for the cuppa <3

I'd like to log into RS, but any spare time I have I'm putting into Linkify.

I wouldn't feel right running around Gielinor with so much of Linkify unfinished. I logged in for 10 seconds once since the re-skin and that was only so I could enable a title for trouble shooting.

I expect it may be a while before I log in, but when I do it'll be to chill and enjoy the game and to catch up with some people :)

26-Mar-2015 06:12:49

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ryan M said :
I can't read lol

I can't type lol.

I have an update coming soon that'll give fmods the other half of their badge. Also making some other changes under the hood.

I'm going to rename the classes for avatars that are customised. Appened "rsLinkify" prefix to the className. I might to do same with custom titles too (did that before and solved 100 issues). This means data that arrives after linkify has finished can't overwrite what I have done.

Just thought I'd mention it, in case you see strange things in console. Styles will mostly remain the same.

Edit: I just realised I'm not getting the mini custom avatar when text selection quoting. I totally forgot all about that. I better get that done for my next update :)

26-Mar-2015 06:31:31 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2015 06:37:19 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top