Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
- Quotes Stack! (I missed that soooo much)
Indecent Act said :
- Quotes will be inserted at your last cursor position.
Indecent Act said :
- Text selection quoting works. Can even quote signatures, not sure why I did that.
You deserve a special kind of hug for this. Keighlea is right.

I think you deserve a hug only a Morgyplushy knows how to give.

Now if only I could find that Morgyplushy image.

Also, I wish I had more knowledge of web languages. I feel like I could be doing more to help, but I don't know what atm!

Ryan and J3 are doing an amazing job with you though and I'm happy about that :)

p.s: maybe I could be like the Rs Linkify cheerleader? :D

24-Mar-2015 16:26:16 - Last edited on 24-Mar-2015 16:26:43 by Morgan

J3
Jun Member 2017

J3

Posts: 3,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I figured I'd post my solution to making links more readable over here, as it's not very hard to do on your own :)

Original message details are unavailable.
Fixed it for myself.

http://puu.sh/gNxUh/356b59879a.jpg

install stylebot https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha and edit the forum css with the following code:

.thread-plate__title
{
color
:
#e1bb34
;
}
.breadcrumb
a
{
color
:
#e1bb34
;
}

Morgan said :
Ryan and J3 are doing an amazing job with you though and I'm happy about that

I'd rather not take too much credit here, most of what I have posted are personal things and my take on the new forum look I am sharing on the thread, all the hard work is on indy!
@J3sven

24-Mar-2015 16:32:41

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
^Continued....

I have looked into it a little more.

A possible solution would be a new option in settings.

Convert all image spoilers to RS Linkify spoilers.

That would mean all quotas embedding/pre-loading would be honoured, and it wont matter what people do with the BB spoiler.

If that's sounds okay, then I'm more than happy to do that :)

Oh sounds good.

Also, would it be possible to reduce the click area of the "forum specific rules" button that sits just below the forum section's title page? I find myself mis-clicking it far too often due to the largeness of the click area, and it's quite annoying.

24-Mar-2015 17:59:25 - Last edited on 24-Mar-2015 18:00:18 by Singularity

Avogadro

Avogadro

Posts: 4,088 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :

Oh sounds good.

Also, would it be possible to reduce the click area of the "forum specific rules" button that sits just below the forum section's title page? I find myself mis-clicking it far too often due to the largeness of the click area, and it's quite annoying.

Indy should be able to do this easily with some CSS:

.threads-list__rules { width:10%; }

That's all it is :)
7:^]

24-Mar-2015 20:12:52

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good morning all :)

Big hugggggs to you Morgypie, and to Rowley, and...

Hmmm...I'm going to save myself lots of typing.

B
I
G
H
U
G
G
G
G
G
S
T
O
E
V
E
R
Y
O
N
E
!
<3

and coffee for all :)

HTTP://whyfiles.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tankcar2.jpg

@Singularity Glad that solution sounds okay with the spoilers. I was really tired when I replied and it dawned on me 5 min later, making linkify put all images under one spoiler might be the way to go.

I can do something about the specific rules link, that wont be a problem :)

24-Mar-2015 22:48:41

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
install stylebot https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha and edit the forum css with the following code:

.thread-plate__title{
color:#e1bb34;
}
.breadcrumb a{
color:#e1bb34;
}
That's nice and will take it into account! But I'd prefer if Indy did it eventually whenever she gets some free time :P Links deserve some special attention and your fix looks awesome.

*big hugs to Indy*

*cheer leads*

24-Mar-2015 23:08:02

Avogadro

Avogadro

Posts: 4,088 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just noticed there's a delay for when a thread will be highlighted on hover-over that I think is linked to your css for the smoother top bar transitions. This doesn't work even if intended. If I mouse over several threads moving my mouse to the thread I want, they all brighten one by one, and after half a second I get it for the thread I'm looking at.

Not sure about everyone else, but this irks me more than anything else, because I rely on that to tell I'm about to click the correct thread.

As for replicating this, I'm sorry, I have no clue. I think it can be an easy fix without knowing how to reproduce by just getting stricter selectors.

As for all the people asking for thread titles to be yellow:
When you do this, can you remember to change the color for a:hover. It won't be very helpful for yellow to just turn to a different shade of yellow.
7:^]

25-Mar-2015 01:57:19

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Apple Bloom,

Hmmm I unable to reproduce this. The selector for menus I'm using is
.main-nav__item
and its descendants
.main-nav__group
. Those classes only exist in the header menu. The last occurrence being the play button.

The only thing I'm doing is recolouring friends/clan/other text on those pages. With all text options disabled I see no difference.

Also I'm not getting the delay in either case.

I'm curious if this happens after disabling Linkify and refreshing the page. If you can let me know that will be a big help :)

And yes, hover colour will definitely be configurable, not sure when I'll get to it though :)

25-Mar-2015 02:38:56 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2015 02:47:33 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top