Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Noticed that if I'm added in the Clan names in options, sometimes it will use the settings from Clan and not You. I don't mind it, but it's odd.]

So far I'm unable to reproduce this.

The way it works is you have highest priority, clan has lowest.
clan - friend - others - you.

So you should always override clan.

However un-enabled settings remove any priority, so if your name is in clan and you have borders off under you and borders on in clan you will get a clan border.

Not saying this scenario applies to your observations, but thought I'd mention that disabled settings can be overridden by duplicate names. This gets confusing when different settings are enabled for a duplicate name.

I'm going to keep an eye on this and keep trying to get the results you mentioned. No doubt some refining is needed. I might filter out duplicate names. This could reduce the array sizes and eliminate other problems.

23-Mar-2015 00:22:53

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Keighlea said :
Thank you for the effort you put into Linkify, Indy =)

It's a pleasure <3

Working on stackable quoting right now, I've been losing everything I type when I quote. Such a pain, half the replies I've started have been wiped out and I never re-typed them.

I'm just so used to linkify quoting I guess.

Anyway I have made good progress, got quotes stacking and occurring at last cursor position, so they can be inserted where you want. I just need to get text selection quoting done (though I'm having issues with that) and then I'll do a lil update :)

23-Mar-2015 02:55:03

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Little Update: Version 3.1.7.52

- Quotes Stack! (I missed that soooo much)

- Quotes will be inserted at your last cursor position.

- Text selection quoting works. Can even quote signatures, not sure why I did that.

- Made a big performance enhancement. I'm hoping it'll be stable, if not I'll revert it.

- More improvements to naughty links. See this post after updating

Since the new link tag, there are some funny but naughty links around. It also looks as though there may be an XSS vulnerability. Tbh I'm not sure how far you can take it, but JavaScript can be executed from the link's landing page. Normally it's executed on the click. It's still not good. My knowledge on taking advantage of exploits is pretty bad, I have only focused on protection not attack. But I think it warrants concern. This exploit has been around for quite some time (credit to blasty) and I reported a longggggggg time ago, but like all my security reports non have been addressed with a year or even acknowledged.

Linkify blocked those links so I wasn't too worried about it, but now with link tag it's different and I'm finding it hard to keep up.

Linkify is attempting to block these links and other naughty links but I can't guarantee every link wrapped in a BB tag is safe, I recommend checking the url before clicking.

That's about it for this update, it's only small one but I think saying, good things come in small packages hold true...
Linkify Quoting, Yay! :)

Ryan M said :
It seems that the bug about the clan list only happens when at least my own Tampermonkey script is enabled. Also there was a fadeOut issue. I'll upload when I can.

Let me know if there is anything I can do from my end. I'm happy to do what I can to prevent clashes.

Morgan said :
Can't wait for heart emoticon) :P

Me too *<3

23-Mar-2015 07:14:14 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 07:16:10 by Indecent Act

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Indy,

This is unlisted and contains some relevant information. It's rather long at 11:35 (poor quality):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuGAOgodts8

I might remove it (or hide it if possible) after awhile.

Edit: How come I can't find Linkify in this subforum with search? It's weird, you know.
Edit 2: Another day, another uncaught issue. websiteDataUrl is not defined -- Jagex's JS.

23-Mar-2015 07:16:44 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 07:32:33 by Ryan M

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Quotes Stack! (I missed that soooo much)

Looooove *<3

You deserve multiple hugs for that :) Only bug I happen to notice since the update is....

HTTP://i.imgur.com/UmieCmX.png
I seem to have two titles :)

Edit: Not that I mind being extra Zarosian and all, just thought you'd prefer knowing (so you can be extra adorable)
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

23-Mar-2015 07:33:54 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 07:39:30 by Keighlea

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top