Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Ryan M or Indy, would it be possible to do what Ryan did and make the background for pinned threads a different colour?

I'm talking about this:
http://i.imgur.com/wq4qeFx.png

Ty!

Indecent Act said :
@Morgypie, that's confirming a sumbit and is normal browser behaviour. You can try it on another thread. Once there enter a page number in the field on the bottom right, hit enter, once page has loaded hit refresh.

A qfc, page number, edit, preview, all submit a form, so after that, a page refresh alerts the browser and it will prompt you asking do wish to re-submit the data.

Oh okay, that's right. I'm dummy sometimes :( !

That's easy.

$('.threads-list__icon-left[alt="Thread is sticky"').parent().parent().parent().css('background', "linear-gradient(rgba(170, 150, 50, 0.2), rgba(170, 150, 50, 0.2)), url(http://www.runescape.com/img/rs3/forums/panel.jpg) 0% 100% no-repeat&quot ;) ;

However I doubt Indy will do it in that manner since it's better to recolor panel.jpg and upload it with Linkify or upload to Imgur and use that instead of linear-gradient (as talked about previously).

22-Mar-2015 19:28:28

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Faded Myths said :
Hi!

Just some feedback:

I was under the impression that 'Colours (others)' would change the colours for all other forum users that don't fall into another category. Then I realised it only applied to people added the the 'Others' list under Manage Names.

It'd be cool to have another Colours option for what I thought the current Others option did :)

I will be adding some global options, few people have asked for that today :)

Also...

It's been a while, nice to see you here :)

Wooohooooo

What about quoting? I'd love to have something similar that would always border the most recent quote. Kind like just highlighting the edge of the whole quote area, like if there's 3 quotes in 1 another only the last one would be bordered; that way quotes would be easier to spot when scrolling. Don't know how hard that would be to do, if even possible.

22-Mar-2015 19:43:27 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2015 19:49:57 by Klyntar

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
Awesome, blasty

Don't you know better than to just click a link Blasty has? Or to mouse-over the link to see where it leads? Six people have fallen to Blasty today. O_o

Did you forget the shenanigans that were had when quoting was briefly changed making it possible to inject JS? #NoOneIsSafe

At least it seems that it's not possible (I wasn't able to) to make people do new posts since the submit button is add-##### where the numbers are randomized.

Does not work , fortunately.

@Accuser, that would be a lot of checks and balances. Not a feasible thing to accomplish.

22-Mar-2015 19:47:42 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2015 19:56:18 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J3 said :
So wait, are you saying there is an API for this or are you just a god?

Kind of, it's not exactly public. Well it is public but it requires some kind of crude authentication, like session ID and must be requested from the same domain. So an external website would have a hard time accessing it.

You can see the ajax calls for it in their scripts, The link Ryan M posted is the one. Also it'll only give 20-25 names at a time and has rate limits. That's why linkify does it gently. You can see with the progress bar I stop and delay between calls to be polite.

Ryan M said :
Noticed that if I'm added in the Clan names in options, sometimes it will use the settings from Clan and not You. I don't mind it, but it's odd.

Amaethwr said :
Lol, hi Blasty

+ Indy, could you perhaps re-implement how images in quotes used to be small, and clicking them made them bigger?

Or is that what http://puu.sh/gKLyH.png is?
If the quote is on a different page to the original image, it displays at its original size, I suppose because its the only one of it on said page.

That's what that is, see this test page with that option enabled. Also thumbnails don't expand, they open directly in the lightbox now.
Oh thanks, I didn't realise that. I better see what's going on there.

22-Mar-2015 22:24:12

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Damn I really need to get stackable quoting done. I keep losing the replies I type :/

Kakamile said :
Well Sig is easily solvable by setting color to black and rotating 180°, so honestly low priority update to you Indy.

I'm using (Others) exactly as you said - as a warning highlight in dark red.

Would like to be able to append to friend list or clan list then reset to clear. That way if clan members change I can update but not lose the names of ppl who left but I still identify as clan buds.

I'll definitely look into some things with that. Maybe even something like an option, when importing friends, clans only new unique names are imported, so you don't lose people that have left your clan.

@
Blasty
, That first link you posted. Is a classic XSS exploit. You could potentially phish someone with that. Getting phished from within the site you trust wouldn't be fun.

Sadly, serious things related to security that I have reported in the past, remained exploitable for almost a year. I never hear back when reporting security issues and I don't see them fixed.

I just try to make linkify protect as best I can, so I really appreciate the links you post. They are kind of fun too, I just hope you're having fun with it :)

@
Everyone

Sorry if I haven't replied directly to you, there is a chance I quoted you and then destroyed it by quoting another. But I have read and caught up on everything here.

The feedback and suggestions, and support from everyone is just amazing :)

22-Mar-2015 22:44:18 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2015 23:02:40 by Indecent Act

Saint Merry
Nov Member 2020

Saint Merry

Posts: 400 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you Indy for continuing to update llinkify to make the forums better and easier to use. I appreciate all your hard work! :) I do not know whether it was then I dreamt I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man
~Zhuang*i

22-Mar-2015 23:49:22

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top