Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the Vid Ryan M, you are just awesome :)

Okay that was quite helpful, but I did get a lil lost, but that's no different to when I look over someone's shoulder. If I'm not doing clicking I'm lost.

The fade out error is odd, since it's fired on mouse out of the menu. I have just added a condition for !null so it wont happen again. Definitely can't reproduce that one.

Searching for Linkify has always been like that. Character limit wont allow me list all known search flaws, but there are many. Short thread name is a common issue.

That ????????????????????

The post message ended up in your address bar. How even do that, they whole Idea of that is so it doesn't go in there.

Was nice to see your script running btw. Looks nice :)

Big thank you for that video :)

Keighlea said :
Indecent Act said :
Quotes Stack! (I missed that soooo much)

Looooove *<3

You deserve multiple hugs for that :) Only bug I happen to notice since the update is....

HTTP://i.imgur.com/UmieCmX.png
I seem to have two titles :)

Edit: Not that I mind being extra Zarosian and all, just thought you'd prefer knowing (so you can be extra adorable)

Oh damn that doesn't happen for me, But I know what going on. Another lil update coming real soon. Ty for posting that :)

23-Mar-2015 08:00:17

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
The post message ended up in your address bar. How even do that, they whole Idea of that is so it doesn't go in there.

That actually used to happen to me quite often. Whenever I get logged out of the forums after clicking submit (and would have to log back in, and get an error because the new URL with the entirety of my post contents in it).

You essentially fixed that way back when you added the "restore last post" feature. I never paid attention to my address bar after that point since I could restore my post and didn't need to worry
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

23-Mar-2015 08:09:46

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's been happening to me whenever I try to edit a post and preview more than once. Basically it's a one shot. It's annoying. Also just now seeing Keighlea's double title bug near the reply box. No indication of it in console though.

Noticed that images do not respect the size of their parent (the quote) as seen here .

23-Mar-2015 08:10:21

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I'm glad I can actually laugh at this stuff. I don't mean the image thing, I mean everything.

I've done like 4 updates today all fixing something different I broke in the previous one.

Now I have titles glitched (that I cant even see because I don't have one).

I'm hoping after this update I can ask someone who has a title to tell me if they are duplicated including the very top one
http://puu.sh/gM2GP.jpg

23-Mar-2015 08:28:36 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 08:29:53 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Requesting some help.

I'm looking for someone running linkify version 3.1.7.53 (latest version) who has a title.

I'd like to know are the titles under our avatars displaying correctly and is the one at very top of page above the menu displaying correctly?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

23-Mar-2015 08:38:28

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

The only title that's duplicated is the one near the reply box. Also...
http://i.imgur.com/UrvPXFi.png
FFFFFF.... argh!

Figured out why "Uncaught ReferenceError: websiteDataUrl is not defined" shows up on preview, it can't find the my user title on that page for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6braR-q6do

Edit:
HTTP://i.imgur.com/Ons4dqT.png

23-Mar-2015 08:42:38 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 08:48:35 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Ryan M :)

I think I have it sorted now.

That edit bug I saw today for my first time when I was testing some things.

Really odd and makes it really hard with entity decode testing. What I was previewing wasn't even remotely close to what I had typed. I just gave up lol.

Edit:

Hmmm something is odd with that image width thing.

In all honesty I was never happy with it. But this is how mine looks in to console.
http://puu.sh/gM3Ep.jpg

23-Mar-2015 08:50:10 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 08:57:07 by Indecent Act

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

It doesn't happen all the time, just a lot of the time. Like my aww-snap image was at max-width of 710px. I've sent the video as a tweet to the relevant JMods, but whether or not they respond is something else. I was a little weary of it but it needs to be dealt with just like the bad things that can be linked more easily on this site.

I do believe there are more links on the site that can be used wrongfully. I just hope they haven't appeared outside of this thread yet.

Edit: The result of Blasty showing the vulnerability with links to RuneLabs.

Edit 2: That damn preview bug... doesn't just mess with you. You have to get it right the first time or you're just a ship leaking in water.

The RuneLabs submission post makes me think of the potential to make the Jagex Wiki full of bad material, be it nonsense or vulgarity or plain vandalism. I'll look at it but at some point there will be more than a dozen cases of link avoidance.

23-Mar-2015 09:03:15 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2015 09:09:22 by Ryan M

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top