Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Will there ever be a release on mobile Chrome? I like using Linkify, but it's not supported by Android/iOS.

I don't think iOS and Android support extensions at this moment in the Chrome application. It would be nice, but it's not something that's possible right now.
­­­­
https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/faq

Does Chrome for Android support apps and extensions?
Chrome apps and extensions are currently not supported on Chrome for Android. We have no plans to announce at this time.
­­­­
Indecent , that is quite unfortunate that he did not share anything and I still found it a shame when I asked Mod Rascasse back in November that he did not realize this thread or extension existed. I imagine that since it's still in development that few things are going to remain consistent and it's that he wouldn't want to provide misinformation.

Of course you are no worse off as you stated, it's just unfortunate that it wasn't addressed in any form. It's an improvement, but some things seem odd when they do, or did, have the materials still lying around from the now defunct Transformers Universe and FunOrb forums. Hopefully the down time between the revised forums and updated Linkify is minimal, but wishful thinking is all I can give right now.

Cheers,
Ryan M

27-Jan-2015 02:03:34

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Evil Lucario said :
Will there ever be a release on mobile Chrome? I like using Linkify, but it's not supported by Android/iOS.

I don't think iOS and Android support extensions at this moment in the Chrome application. It would be nice, but it's not something that's possible right now.
­­­­
https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/faq

Does Chrome for Android support apps and extensions?
Chrome apps and extensions are currently not supported on Chrome for Android. We have no plans to announce at this time.
­­­­
Indecent , that is quite unfortunate that he did not share anything and I still found it a shame when I asked Mod Rascasse back in November that he did not realize this thread or extension existed. I imagine that since it's still in development that few things are going to remain consistent and it's that he wouldn't want to provide misinformation.

Of course you are no worse off as you stated, it's just unfortunate that it wasn't addressed in any form. It's an improvement, but some things seem odd when they do, or did, have the materials still lying around from the now defunct Transformers Universe and FunOrb forums. Hopefully the down time between the revised forums and updated Linkify is minimal, but wishful thinking is all I can give right now.

Cheers,
Ryan M

Unfortunate. Hopefully Google gets behind extension support for mobile Chrome.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

27-Jan-2015 02:07:04

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Ryan M,

As always it's wonderful to read your posts :)

Those posts I made on the previous page are a bit gloomy, I was a little disappointed considering he replies to non constructive posts like Burn the Fourms .

I guess I have been a little spoilt in the past, Mod Daezhun, Mod Lee, Mod Slayer and Mod Infinity to name a few, have been very supportive, both directly and indirectly.

RS Linkify as you know is basically community driven. The way I see it is, I lay down the foundations and the community provides the bricks and mortar for me to build with. It's been this way from day one and I'm very happy it works this way.

I don't promote RS Linkify, I don't even encourage people to use it. I'm very quiet about what I have done and I don't expect people to know it exists.

But when I state it does exist (plus link to this thread) and that thousands of forum users will be impacted by this change, and ask for some clues as to reduce this impact (at the same time supporting his work). I wonder why such disinterest in this part of the community. Thousands of forum users is hardly trivial, and for me it's a responsibility I take seriously.

I don't ask anything of Jagex staff, I never have, until that simple request I made for detecting the reskin. I'm not going to let it be an issue because for the most part I'm very happy with the unconditional support I have received from those mentioned above.

For detecting the reskin, I will go with the method based on Blasty's example. However looking for what's not there is far from perfect. There can be many reasons why something isn't there, forum maintenance, adblock, server issues and so on. A simple glitch could mean Linkify determines the re-skin has happened and many functions will be disabled.

I'd much rather look for what's going to be there that currently doesn't exist. This wouldn't be affected by the issues I just mentioned.

Looks like fun time ahead :)

27-Jan-2015 03:15:20

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Oh wow, Ryan M .

I just saw your post on the re-skin thread.

I can't thank you enough for your mention of RS Linkify. All I can say is, if your elegantly written post doesn't help, then nothing will.

Big Thank You ­<3

It is always a pleasure to advocate for you and the community behind RS Linkify.

Cheers,
Ryan M

27-Jan-2015 04:12:46

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've found a correlation between low post counts and quality posts

http://gyazo.com/18fd7523c922cd620c25ca6e4681025a

:p :p I enjoy reading both of your posts, and I'm sorry they didn't bother addressing them in the re-skin thread yet :( that is a shame. Linkify does so much and I'm not even sure they know it exists sometimes
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

27-Jan-2015 04:15:00

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
-drops off some ­coffee and a notarized statement that I will beat up the necessary Jmods if they don't reply to you-

-starts practicing my beating up skills-

The Purple Sorceress

Oh ty, nice timing with the ­coffee :)

You must use that Zaros power for good not evil!

Remember they are not obligated to reply or even take an interest. It's just nice if they do.

Body btw said :
I've found a correlation between low post counts and quality posts

Quality over Quantity, but imo Ryan could have 100k post count and it wouldn't diminish the quality of his posts.

27-Jan-2015 04:40:07

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top