Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
It can be done, but at a cost. My posts directly above yours, touch on this very issue and explain why I can do some things but not others.
Is the clan info (to display clan names under avatars) already included with this data you already gathered? The reason I suggested this is because I thought # of posts would be just as accessible.

06-Jan-2015 12:49:54 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2015 12:50:16 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh sorry that's not really what I meant, I don't expect people to know where and how the data comes in. I didn't mean to come across as, if you read that you should know why I can't do it.

I mentioned those posts because it explains how I weigh up what I consider to be viable, like resources/load verses features verses being server friendly.

I don't like to just say no I wont do something, so the reference was more to show how my reasoning works rather than the technicalities.

Post count would be both high load and not server friendly, the feature is subjective but that doesn't even come into it in this case.

After re-reading my post, I should have worded it better.

Edit:

To answer your question, the clan data and online status has been there ever since I reworked the titles. No idea how long ago that was, but that was before this thread got moved to Off Topic.

When I ask for the titles, I get the player's clan name, online status, and world/lobby. So it's really just been a matter of when I got around to showing the data. The clan names was a completely random thing I did out of the blue because I though it was pretty neat :)

The exact same thing happened with online status. I'd never been asked about it before and I never really thought much about it. Clan titles raised concerns about privacy issues (one case from what I remember) so you can imagine that I'd be reluctant to do online status.

I'm glad it was requested though, because so far it's gone well :)

06-Jan-2015 13:18:46 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2015 13:34:22 by Indecent Act

Imp
Sep Member 2010

Imp

Posts: 3,351 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Imp said :
NVM already fixed it.

Whew! Glad you got it worked out :)

I'm hopeless with spreadsheets and google docs.

If you ever need assistance using spreadsheets etc I'd be happy to help you out! :)

06-Jan-2015 13:34:01 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2015 13:34:14 by Imp

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No idea if this has been suggested before (probably has), but is it possible to add an option that would customise the colour of your posts automatically (if toggled and set)?

Like.. if I were to select the colour "blue", my posts would all become blue
like this

It'd add the tag to your post after you hit "submit" or something

07-Jan-2015 12:37:51

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top