Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

2   2 5
Nov Member 2003

2   2 5

Posts: 17,037 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I'm not sure how this update will be recieved tbh. But I need to hear what people think about it.

It is just public alog data, but if there are concerns I have no issue with rolling it back.

Morgan said :
People already check if others are online by visiting clan pages manually. The only thing this update did is take the hassle out of that.

I am with Morgan, the information is already publicly available to obtain, I don't believe it can be hidden (aside from not being in a clan).

This would just make it easier and quicker to see.
Helpful Links: Forum Help | Account Help | BBcodes

2---2-5

05-Jan-2015 03:29:51 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 03:31:06 by 2   2 5

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
It is just public alog data, but if there are concerns I have no issue with rolling it back.

Eh, if by alog you mean clan data, sure. I guess it's not the extension I have problems with, I hate how it's impossible to be offline to someone in your own clan, but that's not a problem on your end.

It just gives me even more of a reason to always have my pm on friends in general :p
Unslain Bosses - Clan

05-Jan-2015 03:38:46

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Eh, if by alog you mean clan data, sure. I guess it's not the extension I have problems with, I hate how it's impossible to be offline to someone in your own clan, but that's not a problem on your end.

It just gives me even more of a reason to always have my pm on friends in general :p

Oh yes sorry, clan pages. I forget where it's viewable since all pages load the same function to get the data, as do all the forum pages. Just some show it and others don't.

Anyway, if people feel they need to change their in game chat settings as a result of this update, that tells me either I need to rethink the update or there is a problem with what info is public.

Obviously I can't do anything about what Jagex deems private, but I can something from my end. Either show it, not show it, or restrict what's shown.

The possibility to restrict the status to show only for friends exists. Perhaps that would eliminate the need to change in game chat settings.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I am actually concerned about this and I want everyone to happy with it. Hopefully more feedback/comments will come in :)

05-Jan-2015 04:15:41

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wasn't specifically saying this extension is a reason to do it, just the whole clan page thing is a reason to do it (I actually forgot the clan page showed data if you weren't in the same clan), which is also a reason to have my pm to friends.

It stops me getting annoyed at people too, so it's a win-win for me :P

Thanks as always.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

05-Jan-2015 04:43:37

Ziksy
Oct Member 2012

Ziksy

Posts: 13,420 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Update: Version 3.1.7.23

Here you go Ziksy, not exactly what you asked for, but it's pretty close.

http://puu.sh/e5iFJ.jpg

Wow, thanks for so fast response :o
That's a great addition (atleast what I think it is).
I believe this isn't really a privacy problem; just because these informations can be already obtained elsewhere on website.
But I'm OK with it if people don't like it, that it gets removed.

I just use it because I alot link Forums to the game, especially when helping others with problems/challenges they can't overcome by themselves, and this feature helps me to react faster and easier :p

Thanks! :)

Data unavailable. ~Zik
Red
Yellow
Green

05-Jan-2015 06:40:33

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Ziksy, glad you like :)

I'm wont remove or change it based on the feedback so far.

Generally I try to refine something before making a decision to remove. I guess all I'm saying is, if this has a negative effect (I don't believe it will) I'll do something about it.

Based on the feedback both prior to the update and since the update, it's looking pretty good.

05-Jan-2015 07:17:18 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 07:18:32 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hmmm I haven't tested it on myself, I guess I should log in and see.

I have noticed some erratic behaviour on the clan pages, that I cant explain. I suspect it may be some combinations of settings that mess with it, or it might be really slow to update at times, or both.

Might be a bit like when hiscores don't update after logging out.

Anyway I'm going to see if I appear online to myself, I'm curious now :)

Edit: I appear offline to myself as well. But since I hardly log in on this account it's going to be accurate 99.9% of the time. Tomorrow I'll brave it and put private chat to all and see if my online status changes.

05-Jan-2015 14:53:06 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 15:01:45 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top