Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Imp
Sep Member 2010

Imp

Posts: 3,351 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe a bit off-topic. But since you seem great in coding and stuff I was wondering if you could help me out.

I'm playing a bit with google spreadsheets and i would like the following.

If a clan member has more than (say 15m xp) then points should be counted up.
I managed to do this, but as soon I try to import the gathered clan xp from RuneClan it seems broken.

In my example.. When A3 (clan xp) is bigger than 15M it should grab the data from sheet 2, cell D3
=SUMIF(A3;">15000000";Sheet2!D3)

But when I import data from runeclan it is listed as: 14,059,487
Apparently I'm unable to change the "," or style so it can read it as 14m xp. Now it's some weird number and unable to see if a person has 15m clan of or not.

NVM already fixed it.

05-Jan-2015 18:24:37 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 18:39:47 by Imp

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also somewhat off topic since it doesn't relate to the forums, more the website as a whole, but something I wondered if you were interested in doing...

Would you be interested in creating a small overlay (optional) on the side of the forums that pulls friend information from the user's adventurer's log? I'm mainly looking for a graphically pleasing, easy to reference list of friends who are online. Preferably sorted in alphabetical order.

The adventurer's log does this currently, but it's not the most convenient layout imo, and only shows a certain number per page. It could have a small button to update it, or just update every so many minutes/page changes, or whatever you feel like having it do, if you are interested :)

I realize it would be a lot of requests to the adventurer's log page, or the location that page gets its information from.. Which is why I'm thinking you may not want to do it... That and it's not a forum feature :) . Either way, I thought I would ask!

Obligatory ­Coffee!!

The Purple Sorceress
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

05-Jan-2015 23:23:34

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Imp said :
NVM already fixed it.

Whew! Glad you got it worked out :)

I'm hopeless with spreadsheets and google docs.

­­­­

@Keighley, it happens that I have been playing around with friends lists. I want to allow RS Linkify to import your friend list once a day for the custom posts. So I'm actually up to date on the whole friend list data side of things.

Firstly the maximum number of friends that can be retrieved is 25, with large lists we are looking at 16 requests just to get the complete list. This is not something you want to do often. The same rate limits that titles/clan names/etc have, also apply to the friends list. It's like they are grouped together, in the sense that the hits among them are accumulative. Too many requests to friends list will get titles blocked and visa versa.

It's not its a bad idea and I can see some benefits, but it's straying too far from where I want to focus my efforts and what I want RS-Linkify to do.

For me it would feel like an unfinished companion app that you can't chat, add, remove friends with. I think looking at how the companion app gets this info would be a better place to start. Maybe one day in future I'll look at it. For now, as far the companion app is concerned, I really don't want to go there :)

06-Jan-2015 01:47:26 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2015 03:08:01 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

^ Ty for the coffee ­<3

Since developing RS Linkify I have found the forums will reject so many requests, requests that come from their very own pages.

Legitimate use of the forums will in some way get some of your requests blocked. So when I include things that call on more information, I'm very careful how I do it. It either has to significantly enhance the features that RS Linkify provides or put no extra load on the servers, ideally both.

The online status is a good example, I already had the data as part of other requests, it's just I never displayed it. That update was literally a line or two of code and didn't require any extra calls for data. If the friends list info was like that I'd seriously consider doing something with it.

06-Jan-2015 07:00:54

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Indsy and linkifiers. I've got a simple idea.

Is this doable?
http://puu.sh/e91vB.PNG

http://puu.sh/e91SZ.PNG

Also... I don't think this feature should be hidden under the person's username. Literally 99.9% of all forums on the internet display the number of posts a person has publicly next or below their avatars. The RS forums are the exception to this.

Again, I see no reason for them to not be under our avatars. If it clutters the screen, perhaps it could be "Posts: [NumberofPosts]", but please, no tooltips if possible as this is info I believe should be readily available.

Thanks ­<3

06-Jan-2015 11:43:39 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2015 12:15:43 by Morgan

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :

Is this doable?
http://puu.sh/e91vB.PNG

http://puu.sh/e91SZ.PNG

Also... I don't think this feature should be hidden under the person's username. Literally 99.9% of all forums on the internet display the number of posts a person has publicly next or below their avatars. The RS forums are the exception to this.

Again, I see no reason for them to not be under our avatars. If it clutters the screen, perhaps it could be "Posts: [NumberofPosts]", but please, no tooltips if possible as this is info I believe should be readily available.

Thanks ­<3

Support@@

Although, should probably give a toggle option for it, since I'm sure some users would like to hide the # of posts, and don't want this option forced upon them.

06-Jan-2015 12:17:20

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Morgan said :

Is this doable?

It can be done, but at a cost. My posts directly above yours, touch on this very issue and explain why I can do some things but not others.

I'd have to load and scrape up to 10 profiles every page view to get the post count. Aside from increasing the from each page view 10 fold, it would be noticeably slow.

Singularity asked about this ages ago, and it's still the same situation. I'd do it if I could. I'd really like to add stuff like this.

I need a method like
getPostcount[name-1 ,name-2, name-3 ..... name-10]
so I can do it in a single hit. If anyone can achieve the impossible and can get a forum api out of jagex, then I may be able to add features like that.

Edit: I'm getting certain data blocked from the servers right now, and that's just after a bit of testing my signature blocker. I haven't even been loading that many pages.

06-Jan-2015 12:34:27 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2015 12:47:48 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top